What Curt Schilling thinks of Mariano Rivera

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

What Curt Schilling thinks of Mariano Rivera

Here's a paragraph and a link to read the whole article:

Curt Schilling may be a divisive personality, but here's something of his that we can possible all agree on: The former Boston Red Sox pitcher thinks the Rolaids relief award should be named afterMariano Rivera, presumably after the New York Yankees closer retires at the end of this season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/curt-schilling-great-suggestion-comes-honoring-mariano-rivera-054843865.html

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: What Curt Schilling thinks of Mariano Rivera

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I can flow with that... takes a bit of the commerciality out of baseball and brings back a bit of yester'year.

I agree.  In my opinion, closer is the only "position" in baseball that isn't debatable as to who the best ever was.  Add to the fact that the guy is the epitome of class and it would seem to be something that should certainly be considered.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Curt Schilling may be a divisive personality, but here's something of his that we can possible all agree on: The former Boston Red Sox pitcher thinks the Rolaids relief award should be named afterMariano Rivera, presumably after the New York Yankees closer retires at the end of this season.

I agree..... But i bet that Mariano had a few Rolaids pitching against the sox .... Great closer !!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/curt-schilling-great-suggestion-comes-honoring-mariano-rivera-054843865.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I like it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Good Idea. Its fitting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

interesting tidbit...Mo set up for Joe Nathan last night...they tied in points for the 2009 award(both were awarded)..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

I have another idea.  Rolaids can rename its product or launch a new brand.  They can call it Mo Relief Antacid.  That way, the award can be named for both the great closer and the antacid.  A twofer of sorts.  Maybe even a threefer if it relieves your indigestion. 

They might have to add  the following disclaimer: "May not work against the Red Sox in the postseason."  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Agree. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

they should wait until he gets into the HOF..lets not fast track him like John Paul II for sainthood!

As always - 100% correct!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i like that idea. they should also make it baseball law that a cutter is now to be refered to as a "Mo".

MASTER OF PUPPETS I'M PULLING YOUR STRINGS!!
    TWISTING YOUR MIND AND SMASHING YOUR DREAMS!!
    BLINDED BY ME YOU CAN'T SEE A THING!!
    JUST CALL MY NAME 'CUZ I'LL HEAR YOU SCREAM!!
    MASTER!! MASTER!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

During the offseason, Rivera hangs out often at Dunkin Donuts at North Ave. in New Rochelle.  

Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts