What did the Red Sox get for Justin Germano?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

What did the Red Sox get for Justin Germano?

Can someone tell me what the Red Sox got from the Cubs for Justin Germano? I watched him today and for the second consecutive start, he looked pretty good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: What did the Red Sox get for Justin Germano?

Yeah, Cook was a Hall of Famer for a few starts also.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobknowsBosox. Show BobknowsBosox's posts

In Response to What did the Red Sox get for Justin Germano?:
    Can someone tell me what the Red Sox got from the Cubs for Justin Germano? I watched him today and for the second consecutive start, he looked pretty good.
    Posted by ADG

Just for cash considerations from the Cubs !!! Embarassed Another great move from the Sox that was. We still have the great Aaron Cook though. Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We all know that Germano has limited skills. His success will most likely be short lived. However , he was probably the best pitcher at Pawtucket this year.  In his lone Sox appearance, he was terrific in relief against the Yankees.  Now , after being pretty much given away , he is pitching well for the Cubs.  But any suggestion that Ben C. made another blunder is sure to bring out the usual cast of posters who will attack , with biting sarcasm , those who dare to criticize .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Ben is pretty much useless as a GM of this team.  He has no balls to stand up and be counted.  Your typical company man.   I am committed to not watching any more Sox baseball this season.  This team needs an overhaul NOW!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Mayhaps they can drop the major leaguers down to AAA and bring all the minor leaguers on the 40 man roster up!  That'll learn em!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

There was no room on the roster for him. I hated to see him go also. He was superb in his last game as a Red Sox player. What a shame. Wish him the best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: What did the Red Sox get for Justin Germano?:
    Ben is pretty much useless as a GM of this team.  He has no balls to stand up and be counted.  Your typical company man.   I am committed to not watching any more Sox baseball this season.  This team needs an overhaul NOW!!!!!!!
    Posted by Mchampion

Yeah, you're right. I remember you saying Germano was the next Schilling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

We all know that Germano has limited skills. His success will most likely be short lived. However , he was probably the best pitcher at Pawtucket this year.  In his lone Sox appearance, he was terrific in relief against the Yankees.  Now , after being pretty much given away , he is pitching well for the Cubs.  But any suggestion that Ben C. made another blunder is sure to bring out the usual cast of posters who will attack , with biting sarcasm , those who dare to criticize .
    Posted by dgalehouse

And the opposite holds true as well.  I mentioned once how well Germano was pitching at AAA and about 5 people lined up to tell me how bad he was.

Now that he is gone it's a "blunder".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Lots of sarcasm here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: What did the Red Sox get for Justin Germano? : And the opposite holds true as well.  I mentioned once how well Germano was pitching at AAA and about 5 people lined up to tell me how bad he was. Now that he is gone it's a "blunder".
    Posted by snakeoil123

Trading a useful pitcher for cash considerations is often a "blunder ." We probably could have gotten more for Cook. Germano is probably as good , or better , than Cook.  Ben C. is inexperienced , and he is making mistakes. Talent evaluation is an important part of a G.M.s job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: What did the Red Sox get for Justin Germano? : Trading a useful pitcher for cash considerations is often a "blunder ." We probably could have gotten more for Cook. Germano is probably as good , or better , than Cook.  Ben C. is inexperienced , and he is making mistakes. Talent evaluation is an important part of a G.M.s job.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Which of the guys on the roster would you have dumped to keep Germano.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: What did the Red Sox get for Justin Germano? : Which of the guys on the roster would you have dumped to keep Germano.
    Posted by Joebreidey

There are a few.  How about Punto for starters ?  The point is , Germano was looking pretty good. You just give him away ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: What did the Red Sox get for Justin Germano? : There are a few.  How about Punto for starters ?  The point is , Germano was looking pretty good. You just give him away ?
    Posted by dgalehouse

He had to be on the ML roster.  We had Aceves, Padilla, Melancon, Breslow, Miller, Tazawa, Mortensen, and that doesn't include Morales.  That's 13 pitchers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: What did the Red Sox get for Justin Germano? : He had to be on the ML roster.  We had Aceves, Padilla, Melancon, Breslow, Miller, Tazawa, Mortensen, and that doesn't include Morales.  That's 13 pitchers.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Tazawa could always be optioned to Pawtucket. Mortensen is often optioned anyway. Cook could have been dealt. Or , Germano could have been dealt, instead of giving him away. He seemed to be worth more than that.

Sections
Shortcuts