What do to with Cr-Awful

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: What do to with Cr-Awful

In Response to Re: What do to with Cr-Awful:
    In Response to Re: What do to with Cr-Awful : 6 years @ 72 million for Crawford vs 3 years/63 million for Wells = a 9 million dollar gamble to get a guy who could fill a position for you for 3 additional years.....
    Posted by andrewmitch

Or a 9 million dollar gamble for a guy who will give you 3 additional years like he gave us this year!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well, look at this way, in

in 2015, 2016, and in 2017 would it be insane to pay 3 million a year to a guy who had a season like Crawford? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

well, look at this way, in in 2015, 2016, and in 2017 would it be insane to pay 3 million a year to a guy who had a season like Crawford? 
    Posted by andrewmitch

I do see your point. I just don't think that we will be able to unload him any time soon. Also, in 2015 through 2017 Crawford won't even have the speed that he has now (although he didn't get on base enough this year to show his speed).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Docqwerty. Show Docqwerty's posts

Cross our collective fingers and hope he comes up big time in the post season, { providing we make it.} Ditto for next year. I don't think CC can be moved. Theos Waterloo? That's very possible.        Doc
    Posted by Docqwerty

Post Season?  I am not following you here?

{ providing we make it.} to the ALDS, ALCS or WS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

How about this, Crawford has a rebound year next year. Why would any fan wish to bet otherwise? Where is the logic at assuming that because of one bad year that he is due for six more? Of course, you could be trolling as a "concern troll". Look up the definition and see how prevalent it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He has had a 280 batting average since May 1st, next year he probably is relaxed and has a solid season. Don't make the mistake of dump him and paying his salary after one year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

How about this, Crawford has a rebound year next year. Why would any fan wish to bet otherwise? Where is the logic at assuming that because of one bad year that he is due for six more? Of course, you could be trolling as a "concern troll". Look up the definition and see how prevalent it is.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

A "rebound year" clown-lady means 13 homers, 40 stolen bases, 29 doubles, and a .330 obp..... woooopie numb-nutts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: What do to with Cr-Awful : Very well articulated. Why don't you march on Washington and get the first ammendment scrapped. Talk about sad......
    Posted by andrewmitch

Speaking of sad, why don't you sit in on a Constitution class and have someone explain that whole amendment to you? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Given the fact that Ellsbury bolts for the big $ the second he enters free-agency, the team will need the shell that was once CC.  He's not going anywhere.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

You hope he is better next year, because right now all you'd be doing is selling low on a guy you bought way to high.  Not to mention, there is probably no one who would take him.

I think he will be better in years 2-5 of his contract then Drewesque in 6-7.  He will likely never produce close to what someone making his salary should produce.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GLeone. Show GLeone's posts

In Response to Re: What do to with Cr-Awful : OK, I got to call you out on this post. Ted Williams never had a bad year in his prime. He didn't have a bad year until 1959 when he was 40. Otherwise, great post.
    Posted by royf19

OK OK
    Maybe I was only thinking that Ted couldn't hit from Korea... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GLeone. Show GLeone's posts

1) The issue of giving him another year to "redeem himself": if he stinks again next year, he will have zero trade value. 2) The issue of him being close to his recnet numbers since May 1st: one, it's false, and two, even if he reaches those recent year avg. numbers for the next 6 years, his deal is still about $50M too high and will criplle us in future money decisions (like Papelbon, Ellsbury, etc...) 3) As for giving our guy "support". I always cheer for our guys. I never boo. I don't think any players read this thread. We are kidding ourselves if we think otherwise. Nothing we say here will lessen Crawford's confidence one iota. 4) There are several teams that would want Crawford on their team this winter. He is stilla very good player and young enough to have some faith. The issue is the money. I know I may be in the minority who thinks he is overpaid by $50M, but there are several teams that can afford to take him if... A) We pay part of his contract. B) We take on a high salary player from their team to offset part of his cost) C) All of the above. Please don't quote me as saying I am for some of the suggestions I will mention here. I am merely providing examples of possible frameworks for trades that both teams might consider. I don't like almost any of these players, but the money saved would allow us to keep our stars or sign others for years to come. to Cubs: Crawford ($122M/6) and a prospect for Soriano ($54M/3) & Zambrano ($19.25M/1) (We save about $60M, and maybe gain some help.) to Mets: Crawford ($122M/6), Renaudo, Iglesias (they will lose Reyes) & more... for J. Santana ($55M/2 including 3rd year buyout) & Jason Bay ($35M incl, $3M 3rd year buyout).  (Maybe we could even trade Youk to Cincy for some youth ues them to try and pry David Wright ($31M/2) from the Mets as well. Or move Youk to DH and let Papi walk.) to Angels:  Crawford ($122M/6) & Lowrie. for V. Wells ($63M/3) & Tori Hunter ($18M/1) Be nice to pry Harden or Santana, but it ain't gonna happen. Texas? No matches (Young or Beltre...I don't think so). They may take on most of his salary for prospects or their worst OF'er. Blue Jays? Hmm.... Nats? Werth? (about $14m less than Cc gets over the next 6 years)
    Posted by moonslav59

Well... thanks for trying with the trade ideas, but it just seems like you'd like to take on other bad contracts in exchange for what only may be a bad contract.  I do think that Crawford has had a disappointing, maybe bad, year.  The reason is key!  Does he stink? or is he still the guy who drove us nuts with the Rays, but has fixable problems.  I listen to Rem-dawg talk about how he is "jumping" at pitches - a sign of pressing and low confidence (I think...).  So righting R.S. Carl may not be impossible.  Man, but taking injuries like Bay & Santana or problems like Zambrano & Soriano????  Please, then I will cancel my MLB subscription cuz there'll be no reason to tune in the Redsox.

Sections
Shortcuts