What do you expect from Matsuzaka tomorrow?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: What do you expect from Matsuzaka tomorrow?

I think we may be seeing Dice-K's last game as a member of the Red Sox tomorrow.  If he gets shelled he's done in Boston.  End of story.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: What do you expect from Matsuzaka tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]I think we may be seeing Dice-K's last game as a member of the Red Sox tomorrow.  If he gets shelled he's done in Boston.  End of story.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
    What will the Red Sox do with Daisuke Matsuzaka if the righthander "gets shelled" on Monday? Release him? Eat much of his salary in a trade? What could the Red Sox expect in return if the Sox paid $15 million of the roughly $18.7 million remaining on his contract?

I expect Matsuzaka to be around for the entire season (if not for the duration of his contract that runs through 2012).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

9 innings
    2 ers
    6 strike outs
    4 walks
    160 pitches!

haha jk more like
    6.2 innings
    3 ers
    4 strike outs
    3 walks
    113 pitches

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

i expect 2in 8er 6bb 3hr 0so 2hbp 2wp 2blks, then demoted to AAA, then released by may

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

a japanese journalist told Pete Abe that dice is "very nervous" about his start tomorrow. i honesltly expect a lonnnnng day tomorrow. hopefully dice makes me eat my words.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Loftsaw. Show Loftsaw's posts

I don't know about that, but did you know $142 million leadoff man Carl Crawford is batting 127? Let's discuss that instead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

6 inn. 1-2 ER sounds good to me. They should have the bullpen ready in the beginning in case he's not having a good day. I also think it would take some of the pressure off so he doesn't feel it's all on him. The Sox will put up more runs tomorrow anyway to negate any early damage done.

Who knows? This might be his best start yet because he may just want to show everyone they are wrong about him. Reminds me of the "Doubt me" shirt Pap wore to spring training. Maybe he should wear that under his uniform. Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]How many 1-2-3 innings has Papelbon pitched since April 2009?
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but he's had 3 in his 5 appearances so far in 2011, 2 against the Yankees.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dice-K has a no-trade clause and his agent is Scott Boras. 

Scott Boras is more powerful than the United Nations.  lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It may be nice to see Wakefield get the win on Patiots day (at home obviously) in what could be his last career win...........give him a nice send off.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

I'm hoping the Jays didn't get much sleep last night.  Maybe they'll pop-up most of the meatballs they'll be seeing this morning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Time to get to the Landsdowne Pub, Dobler is buying, and Youkillus is eating his words.  Kimsaythis is the winner so far.  Do you have any lottery numbers Kim?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

[QUOTE]Time to get to the Landsdowne Pub, Dobler is buying, and Youkillus is eating his words.  Kimsaythis is the winner so far.  Do you have any lottery numbers Kim?
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

feels like thanksgiving .... Tongue out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

More like Easter, if you'll pardon the religious reference (to a ressurection).  Let's hope it lasts.  I hope Dice-K can build on this...perhaps he needs to be extremely nervous before all his starts?

And I hope Dobler, et all enjoy the suds.  If I lived anywhere near Boston I'd have gone down the the Landsdowne Pub just to see if Dobler is a man of his word!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I would love to see 7 IP, 1 ER. I hope it's at least, 6 IP, 3 ER or 5 IP, 2 ER. I'll take 6 IP, 4 ER or 5 IP, 3 ER as long as the offense can score about five runs.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I really would have loved to see the 7 IP, 1 ER. Unfortunately, I had to be outside all day and could just follow the game on my iPhone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

[QUOTE]More like Easter, if you'll pardon the religious reference (to a ressurection).  Let's hope it lasts.  I hope Dice-K can build on this...perhaps he needs to be extremely nervous before all his starts? And I hope Dobler, et all enjoy the suds.  If I lived anywhere near Boston I'd have gone down the the Landsdowne Pub just to see if Dobler is a man of his word!

it seems like varitek does wonders...hmm idk

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

Varitek cannot be depended on forever.  At some point someone has to step up and take the reins.  Salty is a work in progress but so far it appears to be an abject failure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Actually, roy, it was 7 ip and 0 ERs.  Wakefield gave up the one run, on a solo HR, I believe (I missed it as I was teaching classes).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, roy, it was 7 ip and 0 ERs.  Wakefield gave up the one run, on a solo HR, I believe (I missed it as I was teaching classes).

Whoops you're right.

I kept checking in on the game on my phone and couldn't believe how he was just cruising -- just 89 pitches. Why can't he do that all the time?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]He's due to put up a good one. Hopefully Tek catches and it might  happen. But good to see Salty have a good day at plate today, helps his confidence.
    Posted by garyhow[/QUOTE]

garyhow ... you get the prize!  Congrats!

And we all get to enjoy the results.

Great game Dice-K!

THREE IN A ROW .... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I don't feel it is all salty's fault either. He can still throw out runners better than tek and better than what vmart could have either. So he is learning and ST was a joke so cut him a little slack. He may very well be an excellent catcher soon.

[QUOTE]Varitek cannot be depended on forever.  At some point someone has to step up and take the reins.  Salty is a work in progress but so far it appears to be an abject failure.
    Posted by william93063[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think if you watch closely to Tek vs Salty, you'll see that Tek gives a good target for good locations.  The best example was when Dice-K K'd Out Patterson.  Tek set up a little high and on the inside corner and Dice K put it right there and Patterson couldn't get the bat on it. 

Sections
Shortcuts