What do you think of Tonight's Lineup-Gonzalez is in right

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

What do you think of Tonight's Lineup-Gonzalez is in right

Here are the lineups:

RED SOX (45-33)
    Jacoby Ellsbury CF
    Dustin Pedroia 2B
    Adrian Gonzalez RF
    Kevin Youkilis 3B
    David Ortiz 1B
    Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
    Josh Reddick LF
    Marco Scutaro SS
    John Lackey RHP (5-6, 7.36)

PHILLIES (50-30)
    Jimmy Rollins SS
    Placido Polanco 3B
    Chase Utley 2B
    Ryan Howard 1B
    Shane Victorino CF
    Raul Ibanez LF
    Domonic Brown RF
    Brian Schneider C
    Vance Worley RHP (2-1, 2.83)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: What do you think of Tonight's Lineup-Gonzalez is in right

I think it looks a lot better than last nights lineup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

I hope it rains.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

In Response to Re: What do you think of Tonight's Lineup-Gonzalez is in right:
    [QUOTE]I think it looks a lot better than last nights lineup.

Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Do you remember youk in LF?

He made manny look like a GG'er.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

good...looks like coma got the memo -TRY HARDER TO WIN

too bad it comes from desperation because of recent ineptitude and apathy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

look out Dewey Evans...Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think of Tonight's Lineup-Gonzalez is in right : Do you remember youk in LF? He made manny look like a GG'er.
    Posted by The--Babe[/QUOTE]

That is funny !  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]good...looks like coma got the memo - TRY HARDER TO WIN too bad it comes from desperation because of recent ineptitude and apathy
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Not from desperation.  He started talking about this before the Sox went on this current  road trip.  His primary reason is to give Ortiz some more at bats than just pinch-hitting.  His reluctance to do this is because an injury to AGon would just about end the season for the Sox. 

Me, I think the risk of injury is small.  I even think the risk of AGon embarassing himself is small.  The latter can be mitigated during the game by simply moving AGon back to 1B and taking Ortiz out--producing a lineup no worse that the ones we've see over the last 4 games.  Francona can also make that switch if the Sox or the Phillies jump out to a big lead. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]good...looks like coma got the memo - TRY HARDER TO WIN too bad it comes from desperation because of recent ineptitude and apathy
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Your posts on yesterday's lineup have been pretty pathetic. I never knew that Reddick and Drew were the lynchpins for the season.

All that handwringing and angst because Francona started Cameron and McDonald instead of two left-handed hitters against the best lefty in baseball who chews up lefties and spits them out. Drew is as bad against lefties as Cameron and McDonald are against everybody -- and there was some doubt whether or not Drew could have even gone -- and Reddick, although hitting well at the moment, is hardly some star-in-waiting. Ever think that the reason Reddick is hitting so well right now is because Francona is putting him situations where he can succeed and gain confidence?

Other posters could have been just as hysterical as you and others have been had Drew and Reddick replaced Cameron and McDonald in the starting lineup -- "What in the he!! is Francona doing starting all those lefties against the best left-hander in baseball?

You make it sound like Francona benched Yaz and Williams just so he could bat two right-handers. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

I think the Sox realize that the offense will be needed tonight, to have any chance of winning, with Lackey on the mound. They will need at least a six spot if Lackey pitches to his recent standard.The hope at this address is for him to find his Angels groove and begin to earn his hefty salary the fair haired boy Theo gave him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

max, it would have been nice if he did this before our losses mounted ....for just once it would be nice to see this manager be PROACTIVE instead of reactive - case in point the stupid right-left nonsense that he stuck too until he was outed by derision from Sox fans (with the exception of the usual 20 or so bootlickers who post here defending his nonsense irregardless)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think of Tonight's Lineup-Gonzalez is in right : Your posts on yesterday's lineup have been pretty pathetic. I never knew that Reddick and Drew were the lynchpins for the season. All that handwringing and angst because Francona started Cameron and McDonald instead of two left-handed hitters against the best lefty in baseball who chews up lefties and spits them out. Drew is as bad against lefties as Cameron and McDonald are against everybody -- and there was some doubt whether or not Drew could have even gone -- and Reddick, although hitting well at the moment, is hardly some star-in-waiting. Ever think that the reason Reddick is hitting so well right now is because Francona is putting him situations where he can succeed and gain confidence? Other posters could have been just as hysterical as you and others have been had Drew and Reddick replaced Cameron and McDonald in the starting lineup -- "What in the he!! is Francona doing starting all those lefties against the best left-hander in baseball? You make it sound like Francona benched Yaz and Williams just so he could bat two right-handers. 
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I see Roy, yesterday when the lineup was posted i said it was a white flag lineup and then we proceeded to lose 5-0 with Coma doing NOTHING to jump start our team to give us a chance (as he has NOT done since interleague play started)...typically he kept Josh in too long and that resulted not only in risp being stranded but also beckett impolding the next inning....Im not sure which part of my comments BEFORE yesterday's game were inaccurate
     - enlighten me please you horses azz

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee-yazzer. Show thee-yazzer's posts

with SLACKEY pitching that still isn't enough offense.
    he could be the 'white flag' pitcher.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to What do you think of Tonight's Lineup-Gonzalez is in right:
    [QUOTE]Here are the lineups: RED SOX (45-33) Jacoby Ellsbury CF Dustin Pedroia 2B Adrian Gonzalez RF Kevin Youkilis 3B David Ortiz 1B Jarrod Saltalamacchia C Josh Reddick LF Marco Scutaro SS John Lackey RHP (5-6, 7.36) PHILLIES (50-30) Jimmy Rollins SS Placido Polanco 3B Chase Utley 2B Ryan Howard 1B Shane Victorino CF Raul Ibanez LF Domonic Brown RF Brian Schneider C Vance Worley RHP (2-1, 2.83)
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

Better than last night maybe but a weak fielding 1B and Lackey pitching?  Not sure if there will be a different outcome guys but it is what it is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

total panic move and I hope it backfires in the worst way.

If agone gets hurt the red flops will look like the biggest fools out there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I think it's about time!  I think what took so long?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

I would have rather he did it with Lester on the mound tomorrow, maybe giving Adrian a day off against Hamels.  Lackey is a struggling, righty fly ball pitcher and will be facing a lefty dominated Philly lineup.  This could be ugly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I like the lineup.  But you didn't ask me what I thought about the fielders. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

With Lackey in the line up, they'll need all the offense they can get.

Playing RF is so injury causing. 

Agon is much more likely to get hurt running the bases and taking a huge swing.  Watch Big Papi tear his scrotum while stretching for one of Youk's throws in the dirt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think of Tonight's Lineup-Gonzalez is in right : Do you remember youk in LF? He made manny look like a GG'er.

Yes and it was acceptable at Fenway with the small LF.  Yankee stadium was another story......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee-yazzer. Show thee-yazzer's posts

ah, what the hell; whatever happens they still get paid.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

After watching so much Hockey, it's funny to hear people say that AGon shouldn't play RF because he might get hurt.  Dudes in hockey are playing with seperated shoulders, eyes swollen shut.  They get teeth knocked out in the 1st period and are back playing in the 2nd period.  Meanwhile, a pithcer has to skip a start because of a blister.

Here's the real problem with Agon in RF and Ortiz at first.  The tire right side of the field is now a liability.  With drew in RF and AGon at 1st, the Sox have the best right side of the field in baseball.  With Agon in RF, they have one of the worst.

And with Lackey on the hill, they'll definitely be some balls put in play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

the kid is funny -- you've got to hand it to him:

Said Dustin Pedroia: "It'll be good offensively, but damn, I've gotta play second, first and right. That's a lot of ground to cover, man. I've got small legs."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]  I think the Sox realize that the offense will be needed tonight, to have any chance of winning, with Lackey on the mound. They will need at least a six spot if Lackey pitches to his recent standard.The hope at this address is for him to find his Angels groove and begin to earn his hefty salary the fair haired boy Theo gave him.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

We all hope that Lackey is better than he has been for most of the season.  I hope his last disappointing start was just a result of all of the rain delays. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]total panic move and I hope it backfires in the worst way. If agone gets hurt the red flops will look like the biggest fools out there.

No, babe, at least 2nd ... you've been leading the way for a long time.

Frankie, if you're jealous, you can be 1A, ok?

Sections
Shortcuts