Re: What do you think will be the Sox' next move and when are you expecting it?
posted at 12/28/2012 9:16 AM EST
In response to seannybboi's comment:
Sox have been very active and surprising so far this winter. With Napoli's deal still in talks, what do you think will be our next move?
Napoli's deal finalized or Napoli walks right back into FA?
Sox sign LaRoche giving up our 2nd round pick?
Sox go for trade to fill our 1B?
Sox go after SP in a trade?
I want to hear your thoughts.
(1) The most obvious will be getting the original 1B as a top priority Napoli. Their is a problem with the contract . I am hoping that this Napoli situation is fixed for that Napoli can stay for a shorter contract term ( 2 yrs. less money)
(2) If Napoli's contract is rejected then it looks like the sox are in pursue of Laroche.
(3) The bullpen is complete and much better than last season.
(4) The starting rotation is very skeptical but will do better under Farrell's skipping.
(5) The batting line up if Napoli, Papi, Ells and Ped remain healthy all season will be above avg. line up
(6) Our back up infield Iggy Ciriaco Gomez and Ross is a reliable back up.
(7) The outfield is still my personal concern. Gomes Ells and Victorino can this be consistent enough? I will give the out field a 50/50 shot. I would like to see a trade to get another top OF'er ie Upton. With Upton Ells and Victorino in the OF starting will be one the fastest OF's in the league and the batting line up with this speed on the bases will be pitchers nightmare. With Upton, Ellsbury future as a Red Sox next season will not be a big concern.
Overall I will give this as is signed Red Sox team a ( B- ) rating with a lot of big if's