What do you think will be the Sox' next move and when are you expecting it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

What do you think will be the Sox' next move and when are you expecting it?

Sox have been very active and surprising so far this winter.  With Napoli's deal still in talks, what do you think will be our next move?

Napoli's deal finalized or Napoli walks right back into FA?  

Sox sign LaRoche giving up our 2nd round pick?

Sox go for trade to fill our 1B?

Sox go after SP in a trade?

I want to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: What do you think will be the Sox' next move and when are you expecting it?

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sox have been very active and surprising so far this winter.  With Napoli's deal still in talks, what do you think will be our next move?

Napoli's deal finalized or Napoli walks right back into FA?  

Sox sign LaRoche giving up our 2nd round pick?

Sox go for trade to fill our 1B?

Sox go after SP in a trade?

I want to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

(1) The most obvious will be getting the original 1B as a top priority Napoli. Their is a problem with the contract . I am hoping that this Napoli situation is fixed for that Napoli can stay for a shorter contract term ( 2 yrs. less money)

(2) If Napoli's contract is rejected then it looks like the sox are in pursue of Laroche.

(3) The bullpen is complete and much better than last season.

(4) The starting rotation is very skeptical but will do better under Farrell's skipping.

(5) The batting line up if Napoli, Papi, Ells and Ped remain healthy all season will be above avg. line up

(6) Our back up infield Iggy Ciriaco Gomez and Ross is a reliable back up.

(7) The outfield is still my personal concern. Gomes Ells and Victorino can this be consistent enough? I will give the out field a 50/50 shot. I would like to see a trade to get another top OF'er ie Upton. With Upton Ells and Victorino in the OF starting will be one the fastest OF's in the league and the batting line up with this speed on the bases will be pitchers nightmare. With Upton, Ellsbury future as a Red Sox next season will not be a big concern.

Overall I will give this as is signed Red Sox team a ( B- ) rating with a lot of big if's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Fix the 1b situation and start looking for depth players.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Let's see....well, the team has a bunch of no name relievers, although the new guy seems promising. Two bona fide MLB starters coming off sub-par seasons and Lackey coming off an injury.

I'd say they need pitching badly.

Oh , and we really don't have much of an outfield,Ellsbury is a lock....if he stays out of hospital. The rest are bozos, no Cody Ross calibre players, and even he wasn't that great.

An aging DH. We'll need an upgrade there before too long....sorry, Papi, but this is reality.

They have a glut of catchers, although one is a backup , one is still developing and the other strikes out too much. No Varitek here....maybe not even a Rich Gedman.

I'd say 2nd and 3rd base are the only positions where an upgrade is not called for. SS is settled for now with band-aid player Drew on a 1-year contract, but if Iglesias doesn't learn how to swing a bat, this problem will need to be revisited soon.

I would say, there is so much to do I really couldn't hazard a guess.....like that basement full of junk you need to get rid of, where do you start?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I really think that nothing else is done until 1B problem is solved.  And unlike the majority of voters on mlbtraderumors.com I think that Napoli will agree to the revised contract, as I suspect it will include a third year option that automatically kicks in with 500 PAs (or something in that neighborhood) in year two.

After that, I expect a trade involving the surplus relief pitching (hopefully Aceves), the surplus in catching (hopefully Salty), perhaps a prospect (hopefully NOT Barnes or Bradley or Bogaerts or Brentz) and possibly Ellsbury for what I hope is a starting pitcher that will be the team ace.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i think napoli will sign.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i think napoli will sign.

For how much?

[/QUOTE]

dont care how much

10. This post has been removed.