what does it mean that Boegy is hitting just .148 since the Drew arrived, down from .296 at SS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

what does it mean that Boegy is hitting just .148 since the Drew arrived, down from .296 at SS?

methinks BC really missed this call.. also dont get y middy.mooks GC and holt have all been converted to the outfield as of late! seem to b stuck between strategies!

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share?)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Re: what does it mean that Boegy is hitting just .148 since the Drew arrived, down from .296 at SS?

Maybe it says that Bogie isn't ready to hit major league pitching; of course, half the SOX team isn't ready to hit ML pitching.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: what does it mean that Boegy is hitting just .148 since the Drew arrived, down from .296 at SS?

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe it says that Bogie isn't ready to hit major league pitching; of course, half the SOX team isn't ready to hit ML pitching.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Are you telling us you are Xander Bogaerts? Now it all makes sense.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

It says he is not good enough to make adjustments. All our rookies are struggling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Are you telling us you are Xander Bogaerts? Now it all makes sense.....

[/QUOTE]

No, my moniker comes from the talented member of the Bogie family----Humphrey Bogart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

It says that maybe he is not very good at overcoming adversity and change. Good to great players can hit regardless of where they are playing. If changing a players position made that much of a difference then I guess Holt, who has played multiple positions this year, should be batting under 100. This talk about how moving Bogie to 3rd has ruined his hitting just doesn't hold any water.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It means he's a rookie in a slump. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

It says that when leadership doesn't have a clue about managing, those that are led seldom do.  It is alright though, the savior had a hit last night and is now batting .143.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niton. Show niton's posts

It means people are paying too much attention to his position splits, imbaalanced as they are (he has over twice as many PA as a SS than as a 3b), and not enough to his far more-telling home-road splits (.807 OPS at Fenway. .616 on the road).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It means he's a rookie in a slump. 

[/QUOTE]

Bingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

People are different. Holt is full of confidence, and maybe Bogaerts isn't. I'm not making excuses, because he should be able to hit no matter what the circumstances. But maybe he's struggling to get his confidence back.

Doesn't matter what the situation was when he got moved, but it did look like the Sox lost confidence in him at SS, and it probably felt that way, too. Plus, the Sox never said a word about it -- what's the long-term plan for this guy? Do they care? Doesn't seem like it.

He's been a baseball stud all his life, no doubt. Maybe this is the first time he's failed at something and he's taking it hard. Hope he can get past it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It says that when leadership doesn't have a clue about managing, those that are led seldom do.  It is alright though, the savior had a hit last night and is now batting .143.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Who should be playing 3B?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

People are different. Holt is full of confidence, and maybe Bogaerts isn't. I'm not making excuses, because he should be able to hit no matter what the circumstances. But maybe he's struggling to get his confidence back.

Doesn't matter what the situation was when he got moved, but it did look like the Sox lost confidence in him at SS, and it probably felt that way, too. Plus, the Sox never said a word about it -- what's the long-term plan for this guy? Do they care? Doesn't seem like it.

He's been a baseball stud all his life, no doubt. Maybe this is the first time he's failed at something and he's taking it hard. Hope he can get past it.

[/QUOTE]

Holt spent an awful alot of times being calling up and send down during his last three something years.  So therefore Bogarets should be send down and work on his problem, and then call him up!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So Drew is jesus? Most thought he was the anti-christ.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So Drew is jesus? Most thought he was the anti-christ.

[/QUOTE]

johnny damon may have a problem with this.

as for bogaerts....i think the AS break will do him good.  go to aruba, get some of mama's home cooking, and come back recharged.

other names i have posted under:  none

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

One game announcer (Ecks?) was willing to attribute it to getting moved off of position and not getting a chance to settle. But it seems that XB has been making some good plays at third to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

methinks BC really missed this call.. also dont get y middy.mooks GC and holt have all been converted to the outfield as of late! seem to b stuck between strategies!

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share?)

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what position Bogy fits into our lineup long term but I'm pretty sure its not SS, possibly 3B or even the OF like Betts at some point but he's a keeper.  JBJ maybe not so much, what's the difference between the two that leads me to say this?  Just a hunch that Bogy will improve and JBJ may not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I'm going with slump but I'm sure he's resentful of being pushed over for Drew of all people..

As always - 100% correct!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what position Bogy fits into our lineup long term but I'm pretty sure its not SS, possibly 3B or even the OF like Betts at some point but he's a keeper.  JBJ maybe not so much, what's the difference between the two that leads me to say this?  Just a hunch that Bogy will improve and JBJ may not.

[/QUOTE]

I think he is a keeper but only at short.  Once Ortiz starts playing first, Xander's low throws are going to be an issue.  Ortiz cannot stretch like Nap.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he is a keeper but only at short.  Once Ortiz starts playing first, Xander's low throws are going to be an issue.  Ortiz cannot stretch like Nap.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was a big issue in the WS last year.

Are you a fiction writer in your spare time?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His throws weren't low last year.  Do you even watch games any longer?  Do you not see Nap stretching every game?  Are you telling me that Ortiz stretches as well as Nap does at first?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His throws weren't low last year.  Do you even watch games any longer?  Do you not see Nap stretching every game?  Are you telling me that Ortiz stretches as well as Nap does at first?

[/QUOTE]

Yup, I do watch the games.

Which is how I know you're making stuff up,... again.

Want to make a bet on the over/under of Bogearts errors, when Ortiz is at first?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

You don't see napoli stretching?  Am I making up Boggies 11 errors on the season? IF Boggie is at third and Ortiz is at first, sure I will say there will be an error.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

You don't see napoli stretching?  Am I making up Boggies 11 errors on the season? IF Boggie is at third and Ortiz is at first, sure I will say there will be an error.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't think you would.

That tells me you're just making noise.

You don't even believe what you're saying. LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't think you would.

That tells me you're just making noise.

You don't even believe what you're saying. LOL

[/QUOTE]

I tell you what, you go back to the other thread and post where you have said Ortiz was wrong, and we can make a bet. I already committed myself and said an error would happen.  How many errors do you want me to commit to?  First thing is first and back up your statement on the other thread.