what does it mean that Theo offered TANAKA 6 years+$120m?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: what does it mean that Theo offered TANAKA 6 years+$120m?

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

theo was all in.. not only did he offer 120m but also paid the $20m access fee. areas of concern with tanaka... dude has as many innings at age 25 than lester at age 30. once threw 160 pitches in game 6 of a world series game only to return the next day to throw another hundred..these are warning bells.. 7 years is a long time.. quits in 4.. makes more sense to go 4 or 5 max.. should b interesting! shocked that theo wasnt fraid of the whole dicey thing!

[/QUOTE]

The only team that pays the $20 million posting fee is NY. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Cubs did nothing this Off-Season, 25 year old Pitcher, with some Good Prospects coming,No Draft Pick loss, not a bad gamble.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

it means that the yankees are lying when they said "a team offered more $$ than us but he still chose to be a yankees"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it means that the yankees are lying when they said "a team offered more $$ than us but he still chose to be a yankees"

[/QUOTE]Cashman said he was told that the Yankees contract offer was the largest on the table, but that other teams were “in the vicinity.” Agent Casey Close presented the idea of an opt out, and indicated that he was having no problem getting that from other teams. Cashman said it seemed like a necessity, but obviously not something the Yankees necessarily wanted to do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

nevermind

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I don't think Theo's interest was that high.  He seems to be concentrating on building up the farm system.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Theo's interest was that high.  He seems to be concentrating on building up the farm system.

[/QUOTE]

he offered 6 years and 120 million.  A total of 140 million when you factor in the posting fee, he was interested....The Yankees just came in and out bid everyone. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

nevermind

[/QUOTE]

Re: Yankees to sign Tanaka

posted at 1/22/2014 1:02 PM EST

• ThatWasMe
    • First: 5/29/2008
    • Last: 1/23/2014

@therealarieber

Source on Tanaka: “I think it came down to him just wanting to be a Yankee. :-)

Nevermind the bollocks

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he offered 6 years and 120 million.  A total of 140 million when you factor in the posting fee, he was interested....The Yankees just came in and out bid everyone. 

[/QUOTE]

I am always baffled when the Yankees blow everyone away with a huge offer to a FA.

I keep hearing it's every player's dream to be a Yankee. So, why overpay?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am always baffled when the Yankees blow everyone away with a huge offer to a FA.

[/QUOTE]

NY narcissism. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL, good one FourBs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why they're every player's dream. Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was with a cubs fan all day yesterday who still lives in Chicago.  Despite what the national media says, this fan says Theo is still on the course to build the farm system and has the fan base thinking they are one or two seasons away.

It seems that Red Sox sox fans are not the only ones who hate the yankees. Theo was just playing games and yes, there was not a high level of interest. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was with a cubs fan all day yesterday who still lives in Chicago.  Despite what the national media says, this fan says Theo is still on the course to build the farm system and has the fan base thinking they are one or two seasons away.

It seems that Red Sox sox fans are not the only ones who hate the yankees. Theo was just playing games and yes, there was not a high level of interest. 

[/QUOTE]
    For anyone to want to play for the Cubs, management would have to overpay all other major league teams. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Probably just force of habit to make Cashman overpay.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts