What does your BDC moniker stand for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What does your BDC moniker stand for?

I'm curious. I see a lot of screen names on here--some of them make sense and are obvious, and some of them leave me wondering why you chose that particular moniker and what it means. Now, I don't expect anyone to reveal anything personal that would allow some nut case to track you down, but I'm curious. If you feel comfortable doing it, give us some background on why you chose the name you did. Mine has to do with my occupation, and no, I don't work for The Examiner scandal sheet! LOL....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for?

Hi exam..I'll play. mine is obvious, from a red sox standpoint. Had a lot of respect for the way Jason Bay handled himself, coming into a big market like boston from pittsburg, replacing one on the biggest names/ hitters in BB at the time.

I also used and decided to keep it, due to my first names begins with J, went to college in Worcester Mass, which is the Bay state, the home of the local 9

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Beware of monikers that are of places in New England or suggest that such poster is a New Englander? To adapt such a moniker is taught in the first week of Trolling 101.

Now those who chose Head-of-Ted or Camelwalk / CamelToe have other problems.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for?:
    [QUOTE]Beware of monikers that are of places in New England or suggest that such poster is a New Englander? To adapt such a moniker is taught in the first week of Trolling 101. Now those who chose Head-of-Ted or Camelwalk / CamelToe have other problems.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

My earliest memory of the Sox is the one game playoff with Cleveland in 1948. Despite having better options ; Sox manager McCarthy surprisingly started veteran pitcher, Denny Galehouse. Sox lost , and Galehouse was unfairly painted as a symbol of failure by many fans. It was the beginning of many years of disappointment and heartbreak , ending , of course , in 2004.  I use the moniker dgalehouse to honor the unfairly blamed pitcher of the 1948 playoff loss , and the tagline " Stabbed by Foulke " to celebrate the end of the long drought.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Beware of monikers that are of places in New England or suggest that such poster is a New Englander? To adapt such a moniker is taught in the first week of Trolling 101. Now those who chose Head-of-Ted or Camelwalk / CamelToe have other problems.
    Do you mean names like , " Beacon Hill " or " PawsoxPhil? "   Not to mention the Mass. Pike.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Do you mean names like , " Beacon Hill " or " PawsoxPhil? "   Not to mention the Mass. Pike.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

oh I forgot about PawsoxPhil, he had that one for awhile last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Do you mean names like , " Beacon Hill " or " PawsoxPhil? "   Not to mention the Mass. Pike.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

But weren't those guys loyal Red Sox fans who never bi-tched, belittled RS players,  weren't  negative, pessimistic, skeptical, and of the doomsday type? My memory says that they were not chronically negative - unlike the trolls with fake New England monikers. What say you? They sounded like legitimate fans to me. How about you? I miss those " true fans".

Are we waiting on :

GickChum
    GreenAppleSplatters

Any ideas on why those monikers were chosen?

How many here reported HeadOfTed to the moderators?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : But weren't those guys loyal Red Sox fans who never bi-tched, belittled RS players,  weren't  negative, pessimistic, skeptical, and of the doomsday type? My memory says that they were not chronically negative - unlike the trolls with fake New England monikers. What say you? They sounded like legitimate fans to me. How about you? I miss those " true fans". Are we waiting on : GickChum GreenAppleSplatters Any ideas on why those monikers were chosen? How many here reported HeadOfTed to the moderators?

But they we're all created by you, so you're only speaking about 1 person which is yourself.  BTW please bring back either PawsoPhil or Pike, they were my favorite of your characters.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

DGalehouse, thanks for your explanation about your moniker. However in a forum with so many trolls and pretenders, would you assume that someone with the following monikers would be trying to glorify their names in Red Sox history:?

BillBuckner
    MikeTorrez
    EnosSlaughter
    Schiraldi
    Renteria
    JDDrew
    DonBuddin
    DickStuart

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]DGalehouse, thanks for your explanation about your moniker. However in a forum with so many trolls and pretenders, would you assume that someone with the following monikers would be trying to glorify their names in Red Sox history:? BillBuckner MikeTorrez EnosSlaughter Schiraldi Renteria JDDrew DonBuddin DickStuart

Those seem like reasonable monikers that any true Red Sox fan would never question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

You people don't seem to be following along with the logic. Why are you putting PawSoxPhil, BeaconHill, or Pike into the troll category? Please elaborate. Are you cognizant of the definition of a troll? If not then why bother having this discussion?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]You people don't seem to be following along with the logic. Why are you putting PawSoxPhil, BeaconHill, or Pike into the troll category? Please elaborate. Are you cognizant of the definition of a troll? If not then why bother having this discussion?

You and your characters mentioned above are the definition of a troll.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well, a few good explanations--especially liked yours dgale--that was very good. I could do without the arguing pike/camel. This thread was meant for fun, not crap throwing. Crap throwing can go on in another thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Those seem like reasonable monikers that any true Red Sox fan would never question.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

My guess is that you never heard of Don Buddin or Dick Stuart or Danny Galehouse?   You have only researched enough RS history to irritate the new RS fans. Carry on, MikeyintheBronx. The forum regulars will turn a deaf ear to you because they are too old to debate you. You are shameful in trying to bother residents of assisted living and rest homes and old folks at home in their golden years. Shame on you. You apparently have no shame. Troll on. Go to Church and pray for your polluted soul.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This just goes to prove that you CANNOT start a good natured thread on BDC. It's impossible. Meanwhile, still waiting for more good stories on why you used a certain moniker. Anyone else?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : My guess is that you never heard of Don Buddin or Dick Stuart or Danny Galehouse?   You have only researched enough RS history to irritate the new RS fans. Carry on, MikeyintheBronx. The forum regulars will turn a deaf ear to you because they are too old to debate you. You are shameful in trying to bother residents of assisted living and rest homes and old folks at home in their golden years. Shame on you. You apparently have no shame. Troll on. Go to Church and pray for your polluted soul.
    Oh poor Pike, even Sox fans cant stand you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

My screen name is lame and obvious.  Hfx is short for Halifax.  When I joined the forum you were limited to 9 characters so this is the best I could come up with.  I do like my avatar picture though.  When I found this picture I thought 'yeah, that's it'.  My most intense period of fandom was the 70's teams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]This just goes to prove that you CANNOT start a good natured thread on BDC. It's impossible. Meanwhile, still waiting for more good stories on why you used a certain moniker. Anyone else?
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I applaud the effort, Examiner.  We just have to tune out the noise, really.  I find I can scroll past the silly arguing posts really fast now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The author of the OP was asking for sincerity. DGalehouse provided it. The person with a moniker CamelWalk ( before was CamelToe)  depicted a ritual in a sorority pledge ritual did not come clean.. Case is closed.  Mikey / Camelwalk/ CamelToe did not respond to their moniker selection.. Mikey brings no honor / respect / credibility to Yankee fans. Same as last year.   Hopefully BDC posters became aware of exactly who you are tonight.  Even J-Bay is at a loss for words and ashamed of you. Is he related?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]The author of the OP was asking for sincerity. DGalehouse provided it. The person with a moniker CamelWalk ( before was CamelToe)  depicted a ritual in a sorority pledge ritual did not come clean.. Case is closed.  Mikey / Camelwalk/ CamelToe did not respond to their moniker selection.. Mikey brings no honor / respect / credibility to Yankee fans. Same as last year.   Hopefully BDC posters became aware of exactly who you are tonight.  Even J-Bay is at a loss for words and ashamed of you. Is he related?
    I chose my name after a song.  Pike where exactly in this thread have you written why you chose your current name of UticaClub?  Can you point that out to everyone?  I must have missed it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I wanted one that was short, looked like a word, had no numbers, and meant absolutely nothing to anyone.

I premiered it at ESPN for a few years before bringing it here.  On MLBTR, I used the profile feature to expand it to the full name "Notin J. Notin" as a tribute to Elmer Fudd.

Homer Simpson also works, but I had Elmer in mind when I did it...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]My screen name is lame and obvious.  Hfx is short for Halifax.  When I joined the forum you were limited to 9 characters so this is the best I could come up with.  I do like my avatar picture though.  When I found this picture I thought 'yeah, that's it'.  My most intense period of fandom was the 70's teams.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

My screen name is just as lame. I signed up to boston.com years before I started posting just to read the website. There were a bunch of newspaper websites where you needed a login, so I kept it simple with my first name and the first initial of my last name just so I wouldn't have to remember a variety of logins. When I finally posted for the first time, it was a spur of the moment thing so I didn't create a different login that was more creative.

Oh well. As for my avatar, I use a picture of my bike to remind me that if I didn't go for my ride, to get my a s s off the computer and go for a ride to get back in shape. For the most part, it's working. I'm getting back into shape like I used to be -- not there yet but getting there -- and have planned to do a century ride sometime this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Hi exam..I'll play. mine is obvious, from a red sox standpoint. Had a lot of respect for the way Jason Bay handled himself, coming into a big market like boston from pittsburg, replacing one on the biggest names/ hitters in BB at the time. I also used and decided to keep it, due to my first names begins with J, went to college in Worcester Mass, which is the Bay state.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

My alma mater is also in Worcester.  I won't tell you which school I attended, but it rhymes with Mister Folly Hectic Institute....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : My alma mater is also in Worcester.  I won't tell you which school I attended, but it rhymes with Mister Folly Hectic Institute....
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Know it well, notin. Great school. did they have spree day when you attended? Also, the Boynton is now a sports bar

Sections
Shortcuts