What does your BDC moniker stand for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for?

In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : I chose my name after a song.  Pike where exactly in this thread have you written why you chose your current name of UticaClub?  Can you point that out to everyone?  I must have missed it.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Was one of your previous monikers Cameltoe?  Several of your buddies alluded to that fact. Was that also the name of a song?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Was one of your previous monikers Cameltoe?  Several of your buddies alluded to that fact. Was that also the name of a song?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

I don't recall any poster named Cameltoe.  So what does UticaClub mean since Examiner asked in this thread, its your turn to explain Pike.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Know it well, notin. Great school. did they have spree day when you attended? Also, the Boynton is now a sports bar
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

That's horrible news!

Where will students go to get tomato-soaked cardboard disks covered with space-age polymers in the form of pepperoni and "cheese" that, at another temperature, could be a fiberglass speedboat?

I miss those things....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

JesseyEric

Favorite Non-Fictional character - Jessey James

Favorite Fictional Character - Eric Draven (The Crow)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

moon for Keith Moon, my favorite drummer of all time (well at least in my college days).

slav for part of my name

59 for the year of my birth

The photo is of Friedrich Nietzche, perhaps the most misunderstood philospher ever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

My wife & I are proud Bruins & Red Sox fans from Southern Ontario.The J is the first letter of my name & the P is the first letter of my wife's name.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

the only time my heart broke over sports. Not including all the times i struck out in Cedar Grove little league. Or the one time i was gonna win a game pitching but had to go to confirmation class. I guess basically the cruelty of the sport. And Catholicism.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

Very boring moniker...csw for clinical/certified social worker.....The photo is of my two daughters, soon to be ages 4 and 5 respectively...

“Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living.”

-          “Mother” Mary Harris Jones (union and community organizer, born 1837 (Ireland) – 1930 (U.S.))

“You see, until a few weeks ago, it seemed as if Wall Street had effectively bribed and bullied our political system into forgetting about that whole drawing lavish paychecks while destroying the world economy thing. Then, all of a sudden, some people insisted on bringing the subject up again. And their (Occupy Wall Street) outrage has found resonance with millions of Americans. No wonder Wall Street is whining.”

-          Paul Krugman, Princeton economist, N.Y. Times column, 10/16/11

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for?": [QUOTE]moon for Keith Moon, my favorite drummer of all time (well at least in my college days). slav for part of my name 59 for the year of my birth The photo is of Friedrich Nietzche, perhaps the most misunderstood philospher ever. Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE] I had wondered about that moon. You were one in was interested in hearing from.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

mine is my aviator call sign changed up (I added "Da") given to me by my commander durring training class.
     I was always pushing the limits, and my commander said I was an edge of the Blade kind of aviator. It stuck.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

hank is borrowed from Hank Hill, a great guy who does not receive utopian entitlements. Williams is for Ted Williams, one of the last authentic American heroes at a time when real freedom loving leaders were in charge of this Nation. Junior is a salute to Hank Williams, Jr., a musical business genius who makes filthy profits by exploiting helpless listeners.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The 55 comes from the year of my birth, but I can't remember the source of hill (although hill rhymes with one syllable of my last name).

My avatar is a baseball card of my childhood hero, Harmon Killebrew.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

My four favourite bands.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]My earliest memory of the Sox is the one game playoff with Cleveland in 1948. Despite having better options ; Sox manager McCarthy surprisingly started veteran pitcher, Denny Galehouse. Sox lost , and Galehouse was unfairly painted as a symbol of failure by many fans. It was the beginning of many years of disappointment and heartbreak , ending , of course , in 2004.  I use the moniker dgalehouse to honor the unfairly blamed pitcher of the 1948 playoff loss , and the tagline " Stabbed by Foulke " to celebrate the end of the long drought.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

A WSC in 1948 would have been pretty cool. Not that I would have seen it, but as good a year as any for Ted and Boston to have title.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Red sox= I am a red sox fan
    Laxer= I played lacross for most of my life and love the sport
    12= my number in every sport I have ever played

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]The 55 comes from the year of my birth, but I can't remember the source of hill (although hill rhymes with one syllable of my last name). My avatar is a baseball card of my childhood hero, Harmon Killebrew.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

I assumed hill was from:
    "H" for Harmon
    "-ill" for Killebrew.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from copyul8. Show copyul8's posts

[QUOTE]moon for Keith Moon, my favorite drummer of all time (well at least in my college days). slav for part of my name 59 for the year of my birth The photo is of Friedrich Nietzche, perhaps the most misunderstood philospher ever.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Jeez Slav, now you've killed the mystery for me.  I always liked to think you were a Serbian werewolf exercising your "will to power".

As for my own, I chose it because I like to do it, but thought 4Nick8 would be too obvious.

And for any of you who don't recognize my photo, you are clearly lacking in theology and geometry who should read up on your Boëthius, but would probably better enjoy John Kennedy Toole (as do I).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

BurritoT:  "Burrito" represents my time as owner/operator of a Taco Stand in Old Orchard Beach Maine (1993-1995) while I had summers off from UMO and USM. "T" is the first initial of my last name.

The taco stand was right on the pier, and I had an exceptional view of the waterline stretching south.  It was one special time in my life.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

probably lame also, but pretty simple...big fan of the Captain

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Pretty basic, really - when I first started taking karate I had a very traditional teacher (he would conduct class in Japanese - one picks up rather quickly on the language that way) and he gave all his students names.  When I was trying to decide on a nom-de-plume for writing/art, I decided to give a nod to my sensei and use the name he gave me.  The 25 is just a number I randomly selected.   

Moon - I recognized right away who was pictured in your Avi.  I've read Beyond Good and Evil.  Of all Western philosophers, Nietzsche is one of my favorites - though I'd also give a nod to Bertrand Russell. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

First name for the man, last name for the pitch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

My username stands for "Truth, Justice and the American Way."

It is a tribute to Blue Oyster Cult's song 'Godzilla'(which I am a fan), a symbol related to Science Fiction ( which I am a fan), Movies (which I am a fan) and the Green Monster ( to tie in the Red Sox, which I am a fan).

I did this all while locked upsidedown in a suitcase with handcuffs , underwater....it was really more accidental than purposeful.

I reallly had some much better avatars available:

However, none fits the username as well....while all three fit the person behind the name much better.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]    MONIKER.........  WHAT DO THINK MY MONIKER IS ????   SON, THATS A "WAR-SHIP, A DESTROYER, A TIN-CAN !!!!  SON, I HAVE MORE TIME AT SEA, THAN YOU HAVE ON THIS BOARD !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
     Bill, I will never question you emphatic tone, or your dad's infinite wisdom, but I do question your vocabulary.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts