What does your BDC moniker stand for?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for?

In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : oh.....I had no idea :-)  What about the "2"? lol
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]Yell Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Know it well, notin. Great school. did they have spree day when you attended? Also, the Boynton is now a sports bar
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I also went there.  When did that happen to the Boynton?  The cafe in Founders turned into a bar too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : My alma mater is also in Worcester.  I won't tell you which school I attended, but it rhymes with Mister Folly Hectic Institute....
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Grew up down the street from this school-which-we-won't-name.  Used to party up there when i was in HS and do track work outs on that super duper track.  take me back, Notin, take me back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

don't know j-b. Space told me it had several months back. I was in worcester a few months ago and stopped in to see for myself. Tv's everywhere. apparently good food, also. It was a shock though. I remember it as the local watering hole that had .25 cent beers on Mondays....within a college kids budget. the boynton was named after one of the founding fathers of your alma mater

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]don't know j-b. Space told me it had several months back. I was in worcester a few months ago and stopped in to see for myself. Tv's everywhere. apparently good food, also. It was a shock though. I remember it as the local watering hole that had .25 cent beers on Mondays....within a college kids budget. the boynton was named after one of the founding fathers of your alma mater
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

They certainly switched it up down at the Boynton.  It's straight up chain sports bar vibe in there now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]The 55 comes from the year of my birth, but I can't remember the source of hill (although hill rhymes with one syllable of my last name). My avatar is a baseball card of my childhood hero, Harmon Killebrew.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

When I was in my youth I always made to Fenway when the Twins were in town. I would get there early to watch batting practice and always marveled at the long drives Killebrew would hit over the screen. I rooted for the Sox, but wouldn't mind if Killebrew hit one out during the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : They certainly switched it up down at the Boynton.  It's straight up chain sports bar vibe in there now.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

it's nice, and changed with the times, but was kinda sad to see.  part of my memories past, that maybe should have stayed that way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? :  Bill, I will never question you emphatic tone, or your dad's infinite wisdom, but I do question your vocabulary.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]  HOW ABOUT MY  BIRTH CERTIFICATE !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]BurritoT:  " Burrito" represents my time as owner/operator of a Taco Stand in Old Orchard Beach Maine (1993-1995) while I had summers off from UMO and USM. "T" is the first initial of my last name. The taco stand was right on the pier, and I had an exceptional view of the waterline stretching south.  It was one special time in my life.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I think I went to your stand a couple times.  Yummy yum yum!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]... Moon - I recognized right away who was pictured in your Avi.  I've read Beyond Good and Evil.  Of all Western philosophers, Nietzsche is one of my favorites - though I'd also give a nod to Bertrand Russell. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

I took a class on Nietzsche at college. It really got me thinking in ways I never had before. Break the paradigms. I certainly don't agree with everything he wrote, but he changed who I am (was).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : it's nice, and changed with the times, but was kinda sad to see.  part of my memories past, that maybe should have stayed that way.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

yea, j, i got no beef with the new boynton, don't get me wrong.  nice enough establishment.  Its just that it flies in the face of my formative, underage dive bar binge drinking experiences.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...It is a tribute to Blue Oyster Cult's song 'Godzilla'(which I am a fan...

"Oh no! There goes Tokyo!..." I must have seen BOC 5 times in my youth... never a dull moment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

or your "birth suferticket"?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

I use attic dan, because that is where I spent the worse 4 years of my life, trying to drink my-self to death, it didn't work. It is a daily reminder of where I've come from, and was given a second chance at life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from samclemens. Show samclemens's posts

Mine is a tribute to one of my favorite American authors whose real name was Samuel Clemens.  The quotes belong to him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

mine is also easy. My favorite Sox pitcher growing up in the early 1970s was Sparky Lyle. I had a Lyle poster in my bedroom. Then he gets traded, becomes the Yankees closer and the best lefty reliever in baseball and the Sox get...my moniker. Still one of the worst trades in MLB history.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : I took a class on Nietzsche at college. It really got me thinking in ways I never had before. Break the paradigms. I certainly don't agree with everything he wrote, but he changed who I am (was).
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine was a philosophy major and he had a habit of shoving books into my hands and saying, "here, read this."   I read Camus, Kant, Satre...years later I got into Eastern Philosophy (probably a direct influence of my sensei) and I had to take off my shoes because it blew my mind. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]Mine is a tribute to one of my favorite American authors whose real name was Samuel Clemens.  The quotes belong to him.
    Posted by samclemens[/QUOTE]

He's got a lot of good quotes!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

gick
    An irish slang word for 'Sh -it'

chum

Noun:

1. Chopped fish, fish fluids, and other material thrown overboard as angling bait.

Gick Chum as a moniker is baiting with Sh-it. Something that a troll would do and be ecstatic that nobody researched his moniker. You have been trolled.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Beware of the Pike in the water
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Is this your confession that you are trolling / in the boat with the Gick-Chum. Are you proud of being the troller? It sounds like you are. Being proud of annoying others, amazing?? Are the fish the jerk or are the fishermen the jerk? You are the idiot and you just proved it. BINGO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Is this your confession that you are trolling / in the boat with the Gick-Chum. Are you proud of being the troller? It sounds like you are. Being proud of annoying others, amazing?? Are the fish the jerk or are the fishermen the jerk? You are the idiot and you just proved it. BINGO.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Sure Pike.  Troll on tough guy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Don't bring a peashooter to a duel when your opponent has a pistol.  Your IQ is sufficient for running a Go-Cart on the Yankee golf course but you are at a huge disadvantage here. Put on some rap music, eat some crackers, and listen to your recording of CamelWalk. The forum now is 90% aware that you enjoy spreading GickChum / trolling. The fish know better now. I knew better long ago but am informing the newbies and the regulars who want every last poster to stay whether troll or not. The forum is almost dead thanks to your kind and your enablers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Don't bring a peashooter to a duel when your opponent has a pistol.  Your IQ is sufficient for running a Go-Cart on the Yankee golf course but you are at a huge disadvantage here. Put on some rap music, eat some crackers, and listen to your recording of CamelWalk. The forum now is 90% aware that you enjoy spreading GickChum / trolling. The fish know better now. I knew better long ago but am informing the newbies and the regulars who want every last poster to stay whether troll or not. The forum is almost dead thanks to your kind and your enablers.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Pike the forum is just fine even with your constant whining, trolling and weak attempts to mold it into what you want it to be.