What does your BDC moniker stand for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for?

In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Is this your confession that you are trolling / in the boat with the Gick-Chum. Are you proud of being the troller? It sounds like you are. Being proud of annoying others, amazing?? Are the fish the jerk or are the fishermen the jerk? You are the idiot and you just proved it. BINGO.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I'll hit your gick list for writing this, but I think you've recently become the 2nd-worst poster on this forum due to your repetetive and dull posts about who is trolling.  Not to mention the patronising nature of it i.e. your "protection" of those you claim are "naive".

You seem to be bright and interested in baseball, can't you focus on that rather than the same subject ad nauseum?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Pike the forum is just fine even with your constant whining, trolling and weak attempts to mold it into what you want it to be. 
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Have you noticed HOW HEALTHY the forum is these days?

You must be blind not to notice.

The Boston Globe gets a hundred responses below every column by a sports writer and the forum has fifty regulars who wake up every day and:

Comb their hair
    Wash their face
    Sh-it, shower, shave, shine
    Eat cereal or a poached egg with melba toast
    Take their Cardura with a side of Softlaw
    Take their Flomax with a side of Bosox1941
    Take their Simvastatin with a side of Andrewmitch
    Turn a deaf ear ( deaf already) to Yazzer.
    The fifty regulars are an entity unto themselves
    They come here not for sincerity, honesty, or knowledge
    They come here and and condone, forgive, and dismiss idiots
    The cream of the crop comes here for a week, surmises the situation
    Then they leave, who can blame them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Have you noticed HOW HEALTHY the forum is these days? You must be blind not to notice. The Boston Globe gets a hundred responses below every column by a sports writer and the forum has fifty regulars who wake up every day and: Comb their hair Wash their face Sh-it, shower, shave, shine Eat cereal or a poached egg with melba toast Take their Cardura with a side of Softlaw Take their Flomax with a side of Bosox1941 Take their Simvastatin with a side of Andrewmitch Turn a deaf ear ( deaf already) to Yazzer. The fifty regulars are an entity unto themselves They come here not for sincerity, honesty, or knowledge They come here and and condone, forgive, and dismiss idiots The cream of the crop comes here for a week, surmises the situation Then they leave, who can blame them.

So you're not among the cream of the crop  we already knew that Pike.  My advice is to try to talk baseball and not act like the hall monitor of the forum.  You may be happier that way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : So you're not among the cream of the crop  we already knew that Pike.  My advice is to try to talk baseball and not act like the hall monitor of the forum.  You may be happier that way.

I am always surprised at how you can't read, comprehend. and respond to anything deeper than a rap song. You obviously didn't read my post, understand it and are unable intellectually to properly resond to it. Talking to you is like debating a stone fence. You are now on my ignore list - a lost cause.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Jeez Slav, now you've killed the mystery for me.  I always liked to think you were a Serbian werewolf exercising your "will to power". As for my own, I chose it because I like to do it, but thought 4Nick8 would be too obvious. And for any of you who don't recognize my photo, you are clearly lacking in theology and geometry who should read up on your  Boëthius, but would probably better enjoy John Kennedy Toole (as do I).
    Posted by copyul8[/QUOTE]

Entertaining post...Took a course on Neo-Platonism when I was in Divinity School, and the professor went through Plotinus, Pophyry and Boethius, finally bringing Mr. Toole and Confederacy into the mix at the end of the semester....My interest was piqued, to put it mildly, but I never got a chance to read it...To be honest, the reality of his suicide always seemed to put me off...Funny that, because a few years later I found my own little picaresque path led me into the field of mental health....Anyhoo, it is still one of those legendary works of American literature I hope to get my hands on someday....Unless the bad news catches up with me while those best-laid plans are still laughing away....
        "Ich bin ein Pretender"
           - Jackson Browne

“Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living.”

-          “Mother” Mary Harris Jones (union and community organizer, born 1837 (Ireland) – 1930 (U.S.))

“You see, until a few weeks ago, it seemed as if Wall Street had effectively bribed and bullied our political system into forgetting about that whole drawing lavish paychecks while destroying the world economy thing. Then, all of a sudden, some people insisted on bringing the subject up again. And their (Occupy Wall Street) outrage has found resonance with millions of Americans. No wonder Wall Street is whining.”

-          Paul Krugman, Princeton economist, N.Y. Times column, 10/16/11

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : I am always surprised at how you can't read, comprehend. and respond to anything deeper than a rap song. You obviously didn't read my post, understand it and are unable intellectually to properly resond to it. Talking to you is like debating a stone fence. You are now on my ignore list - a lost cause.

You said the cream of the crop come for a week, surmises the situation and then they leave.  Clearly you haven't left.  Pike, I was joking with you.  You have to lighten up a little man.  Talk some baseball instead of trying to play forum cop, you're obviously a big Sox fan and know the game pretty well....so talk about it instead.  All your posts are about the detective work you're doing, post about the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I am identifying the trolls and it will go on, on, and on - until they all disappear. The trolls might be new, redundant, and boring but they will all be identified and mocked and attacked. It is wrong that newbies, old men in assisted living and rest homes, and the mentally challenged, should have to deal with them and be upset when they come to THEIR baseball forum. Shame on those who enjoy them, enable them, and call them their friends. The attack will not stop. The forum is supposed to be a source of enjoyment and not frustration.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]I am identifying the trolls and it will go on, on, and on - until they all disappear. The trolls might be new, redundant, and boring but they will all be identified and mocked and attacked. It is wrong that newbies, old men in assisted living and rest homes, and the mentally challenged, should have to deal with them and be upset when they come to THEIR baseball forum. Shame on those who enjoy them, enable them, and call them their friends. The attack will not stop. The forum is supposed to be a source of enjoyment and not frustration.
    You're the only one that seems frustrated and despite all your efforts and bloviating, Yankee fans are still here.  They were here before you and will be here after you, its the nature of the rivalry.  There are Red Sox fans on the YES site as well.  As for the groups of people you mentioned it is not THEIR forum, it is everyone's forum so I don't know what to tell you but I guess you can continue with your futile efforts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]"Bloviating" - right out of the Softlaw lexicon. Are you admitting that you approve of trolling by Yank fans on a Red Sox forum? Why not admit that you and J-Bay are bed mates in the forum and love the gamethread in your effort to annoy RS fans? What a sad existence to brag about what you love to do which is to ignore your team's forum and go to a rival forum and irritate those that belong there. That is sick. Why not go to a Pro-life forum and annoy others there? I guess that every crowd has a few azzh-oles in it.

I'm an O'reily fan so bloviate comes from watching Bill, I may throw an "opine" out there every now and again.  Pike you can't be angry at anyone for what you feel is "trolling" because you are one of the biggest trolls on this forum.  You never talk baseball and only look to instigate and irritate posters and you do it to both Red Sox and Yankee fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : I'm an O'reily fan so bloviate comes from watching Bill, I may throw an "opine" out there every now and again.  Pike you can't be angry at anyone for what you feel is "trolling" because you are one of the biggest trolls on this forum.  You never talk baseball and only look to instigate and irritate posters and you do it to both Red Sox and Yankee fans.

Look up the definition of trolling. The issue is annoying Red Sox fans. The issue is NOT annoying those who are annoying Red Sox fans. read it slowly and try to comprehend the difference.

Trolling on a Red Sox Forum is trying to incite, annoy, irritate, enrage RED SOX FANS. IT IS NOT TRYING TO IDENTIFY THOSE TYPES. READ MY LIPS.

IT REALLY IS NOT THAT DIFFICULT OF A CONCEPT TO UNDERSTAND.

I have NEVER made any attempt to ANNOY "RED SOX FANS". My record is perfect. I am in MY FORUM. YOU ARE NOT. J_BAY CAN"T FIGURE OUT JUST WHERE HE BELONGS.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

With all due respect, it's frustrating to me (and maybe others) hearing several times a day that anyone with an unusual position or highly critical of the Sox position is a "troll". 

I welcome fans from other cities. Many are very knowledgeable and offer insights that some of us too close to the issues don't see. Some posters might have some rash ideas, but I don't choose to believe that everyone of them do it to incite or instigate (as a "troll"). I've seen enough people in my life to know that there are a lot of people who have thought proccesses very very different than my own. The firmly believe what they say.

That's not to say that there aren't bonifide trolls on this site. There are also various shades of trolls. Some believe what they say, but choose to say it in ways that inflame extreme outrage or just ruffle a few feathers for emphasis or effect.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Look up the definition of trolling. The issue is annoying Red Sox fans. The issue is NOT annoying those who are annoying Red Sox fans. read it slowly and try to comprehend the difference. Trolling on a Red Sox Forum is trying to incite, annoy, irritate, enrage RED SOX FANS. IT IS NOT TRYING TO IDENTIFY THOSE TYPES. READ MY LIPS.   IT REALLY IS NOT THAT DIFFICULT OF A CONCEPT TO UNDERSTAND. I have NEVER made any attempt to ANNOY "RED SOX FANS". My record is perfect. I am in MY FORUM. YOU ARE NOT. J_BAY CAN"T FIGURE OUT JUST WHERE HE BELONGS.
    Yet you annoy Red Sox fans on a daily basis and many make it known, you are a troll.

Read Moons post above the first paragraph is applicable to you.

As for your critique on J-Bay he is a HUGE Red Sox fan and actually discusses baseball unlike you.  You should never have ANY issue with J-Bay as he is often not critical of the Sox and chooses to see the silver lining in nearly every situation the Sox are in.  When the missed the playoffs I bet J-Bay felt that they weren't worthy and needed some re-tooling and would get back at it in 2012.  J-Bay is exactly the type of Red Sox fan YOU should appreciate so don't attack him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

YOUKILLUS, is not about me, it's about YOU! And YOU-KILL-US with the nonsense you post. "US" being the sane, rational, and conservative members of the board. Add Youk's "20" and it almost looks like at first glance I'm just a fan of Kevin Youkilis. Which I am of course, but that's just coincidence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Look up the definition of trolling. The issue is annoying Red Sox fans. The issue is NOT annoying those who are annoying Red Sox fans. read it slowly and try to comprehend the difference. Trolling on a Red Sox Forum is trying to incite, annoy, irritate, enrage RED SOX FANS. IT IS NOT TRYING TO IDENTIFY THOSE TYPES. READ MY LIPS.   IT REALLY IS NOT THAT DIFFICULT OF A CONCEPT TO UNDERSTAND. I have NEVER made any attempt to ANNOY "RED SOX FANS". My record is perfect. I am in MY FORUM. YOU ARE NOT. J_BAY CAN"T FIGURE OUT JUST WHERE HE BELONGS.

This is Stage 1 Mikey. This is when he first comes back to the board (in the off-season for entertainment), and acts like he's here to discuss baseball. 99.9% of his posts since he got here have been following you around telling you to discuss baseball. Remember when he said he misses Beni's threads? You know why? Because he used to hang out on them going after him all day. Now you're his entertainment. Why not stop involving yourself in discussions with him and force him to have actual baseball discussions with no "going after Sox fans" entertainment? See how that works for him.

I really hope you listen to that. IOW no matter what he says.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : This is Stage 1 Mikey. This is when he first comes back to the board (in the off-season for entertainment), and acts like he's here to discuss baseball. 99.9% of his posts since he got here have been following you around telling you to discuss baseball. Remember when he said he misses Beni's threads? You know why? Because he used to hang out on them going after him all day. Now you're his entertainment. Why not stop involving yourself in discussions with him and force him to have actual baseball discussions with no "going after Sox fans" entertainment? See how that works for him.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]
    Pike you went after me, I'm not just going to ignore it and not respond.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]I am identifying the trolls and it will go on, on, and on - until they all disappear. The trolls might be new, redundant, and boring but they will all be identified and mocked and attacked. It is wrong that newbies, old men in assisted living and rest homes, and the mentally challenged, should have to deal with them and be upset when they come to THEIR baseball forum. Shame on those who enjoy them, enable them, and call them their friends. The attack will not stop. The forum is supposed to be a source of enjoyment and not frustration.

Mr. Club,

You seem to consider yourself to be the arbiter of good posting vs. trollism.  I don't agree, in fact I think the opposite it true i.e. your repetive, aggressive "anti-trolling" posts are more boring, repetitive and, therefore, offensive than the posts/posters you claim to be "protecting" the forum from.

But that's just my view. 

Is there a single poster here reading this post that is willing to say that they welcome UticaClub's anti-trolling posts?  To be clear, I think Mr. Club can and has made interesting posts about baseball, but is there ANYONE here that welcomes his crusade against "trolls" and is willing to defend those posts?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for?": [QUOTE]With all due respect, it's frustrating to me (and maybe others) hearing several times a day that anyone with an unusual position or highly critical of the Sox position is a "troll".  I welcome fans from other cities. Many are very knowledgeable and offer insights that some of us too close to the issues don't see. Some posters might have some rash ideas, but I don't choose to believe that everyone of them do it to incite or instigate (as a "troll"). I've seen enough people in my life to know that there are a lot of people who have thought proccesses very very different than my own. The firmly believe what they say. That's not to say that there aren't bonifide trolls on this site. There are also various shades of trolls. Some believe what they say, but choose to say it in ways that inflame extreme outrage or just ruffle a few feathers for emphasis or effect. Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE] Moon, you once claimed you didn't know who pike was. I trust it's clear now? Aka "uticaclub".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Pike you went after me, I'm not just going to ignore it and not respond.

Why didn't you respond to Kim? She hit the nail right on the head. If you go back to the beginning of this debate tonight, you will find that I was not responding to you at all but I was responding to WWWc? You took offense to that. When I identify a troll based on his current post / OP / or history, I will call them a troll so that others will be spared of not wasting time and effort on trying to reason with him / her. Trolling is the cancer of this forum and it needs be be identified, isolated, and erradicated / ignored. Some of the regulars instead want trolling as a side dish to their morning tea, crumpets, and OJ. They say any port in a storm and I say BS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Why didn't you respond to Kim? She hit the nail right on the head. If you go back to the beginning of this debate tonight, you will find that I was not responding to you at all but I was responding to WWWc? You took offense to that. When I identify a troll based on his current post / OP / or history, I will call them a troll so that others will be spared of not wasting time and effort on trying to reason with him / her. Trolling is the cancer of this forum and it needs be be identified, isolated, and erradicated / ignored. Some of the regulars instead want trolling as a side dish to their morning tea, crumpets, and OJ. They say any port in a storm and I say BS.
    I'm not gonna pretend that Kim is not you just because of the name Kim and the flower avatar....its you and I responded to you.  Pike you're a troll.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Why didn't you respond to Kim? She hit the nail right on the head. If you go back to the beginning of this debate tonight, you will find that I was not responding to you at all but I was responding to WWWc? You took offense to that. When I identify a troll based on his current post / OP / or history, I will call them a troll so that others will be spared of not wasting time and effort on trying to reason with him / her. Trolling is the cancer of this forum and it needs be be identified, isolated, and erradicated / ignored. Some of the regulars instead want trolling as a side dish to their morning tea, crumpets, and OJ. They say any port in a storm and I say BS.

He's just going to fill threads with back-and-forths with you until the Yankee fan supporters come in and act like you're picking on him. He brought so much attention to Beni, that he made Beni a huge problem even though he was in his own threads. You need to stop letting him do that. He probably won't even hang around if he doesn't have that entertainment. That's what he's really here for.

"Mr. Calm Cool and Collected" is getting angry at the thought already. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]With all due respect, it's frustrating to me (and maybe others) hearing several times a day that anyone with an unusual position or highly critical of the Sox position is a "troll".  I welcome fans from other cities. Many are very knowledgeable and offer insights that some of us too close to the issues don't see. Some posters might have some rash ideas, but I don't choose to believe that everyone of them do it to incite or instigate (as a "troll"). I've seen enough people in my life to know that there are a lot of people who have thought proccesses very very different than my own. The firmly believe what they say. That's not to say that there aren't bonifide trolls on this site. There are also various shades of trolls. Some believe what they say, but choose to say it in ways that inflame extreme outrage or just ruffle a few feathers for emphasis or effect.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Exactly!  Which is the "troll" on a Red Sox forum?:
    • An avowed Yankee fan, though, wonderfully, in his own words more of a baseball fan than a Yankee fan....polite but will stand his ground, respected and respectful, and posts almost exclusively about baseball and is usually pretty funny and/or interesting (although he overrates "Jete"!); or
    • An alleged Sox fan that incessantly...obsessively posts comments claiming to "out" "trolls" when, in fact, there isn't a single other poster here that supports his campaign.

....unless I'm one of the naive, old or stupid posters the latter is patronising with his "protection" of the forum.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Mr. Club, You seem to consider yourself to be the arbiter of good posting vs. trollism.  I don't agree, in fact I think the opposite it true i.e. your repetive, aggressive "anti-trolling" posts are more boring, repetitive and, therefore, offensive than the posts/posters you claim to be "protecting" the forum from. But that's just my view.  Is there a single poster here reading this post that is willing to say that they welcome UticaClub's anti-trolling posts?  To be clear, I think Mr. Club can and has made interesting posts about baseball, but is there ANYONE here that welcomes his crusade against "trolls" and is willing to defend those posts?
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

I haven't been the ONLY one in recent weeks who has been identifying trolls - far from it. Many of you like the mental excercise of responding to prefab nonsense and think that you are accomplishing something in doing so. Do you realize that the thread starter never responds once but yet you carry on all day long. In such cases, who is using who, who is wasting their time and energy.? To me the 7 am. thread starter with a nonsense OP was a successful troll and the rest of you were suckers that were baited in. Wake up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : Why didn't you respond to Kim? She hit the nail right on the head. If you go back to the beginning of this debate tonight, you will find that I was not responding to you at all but I was responding to WWWc? You took offense to that. When I identify a troll based on his current post / OP / or history, I will call them a troll so that others will be spared of not wasting time and effort on trying to reason with him / her. Trolling is the cancer of this forum and it needs be be identified, isolated, and erradicated / ignored. Some of the regulars instead want trolling as a side dish to their morning tea, crumpets, and OJ. They say any port in a storm and I say BS. Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE] Pike, the trouble with that is, nobody cares enough about what you say to follow your lead. In fact, its quite the opposite. Anyone you peg as a troll is going to win instant popularity points simply because you have placed yourself in such a position of infamy. What you are is a forum Nazi. It's what YOU identify as a "cancer", and you irradicate based on your own perception, which is usually wrong, simply because you assume you are better, wiser, and more loyal than anyone else. Secondly, he probably didn't respond to Kim because he believes you are Kim. It's a thought that's crossed more than one mind in this forum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : I haven't been the ONLY one in recent weeks who has been identifying trolls - far from it. Many of you like the mental excercise of responding to prefab nonsense and think that you are accomplishing something in doing so. Do you realize that the thread starter never responds once but yet you carry on all day long. In such cases, who is using who, who is wasting their time and energy.? To me the 7 am. thread starter with a nonsense OP was a successful troll and the rest of you were suckers that were baited in. Wake up.

I repeat: "Is there a single poster here reading this post that is willing to say that they welcome UticaClub's anti-trolling posts?"

There are even people on this forum that claim to value Softlaw's awful agressive, repetetive contributions.....but is there anyone that values your "anti-troll" contributions?  I think the answer is no, and don't know what kick you get from doing it.

Again, I think you have a lot to offer when you talk baseball...why do you persist in your dull, unwelcome campaign when you seem to have no - prove me wrong - support?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does your BDC moniker stand for? : I repeat: " Is there a single poster here reading this post that is willing to say that they welcome UticaClub's anti-trolling posts? " There are even people on this forum that claim to value Softlaw's awful agressive, repetetive contributions.....but is there anyone that values your "anti-troll" contributions ?  I think the answer is no, and don't know what kick you get from doing it. Again, I think you have a lot to offer when you talk baseball...why do you persist in your dull, unwelcome campaign when you seem to have no - prove me wrong - support? Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE] He has an army of support--all his own aliases.

Sections
Shortcuts