What Ever Happened To The Private Forum?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

What Ever Happened To The Private Forum?

Did it suffer an ignominious death due to the fact that those who populated it found no one to look down upon?

Just wondering...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: What Ever Happened To The Private Forum?

Yes among other things. They wanted to create a better place for themselves but when the pied piper started on his way he realized none of the mice were following. Thus he immediately begged back into the city with the dark plan to bring it down from within.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

What was the bigger failure?

a. Signing Cameron and moving him to centerfield

b. The "private" chat room

This could be a tough one....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: What Ever Happened To The Private Forum?:
    [QUOTE]What was the bigger failure? a. Signing Cameron and moving him to centerfield b. The "private" chat room This could be a tough one....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    Very funny!
    At least Cameron made a few positive contributions while he was here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In Response to What Ever Happened To The Private Forum?:
    [QUOTE]Did it suffer an ignominious death due to the fact that those who populated it found no one to look down upon? Just wondering...
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Those elitists, snobbish, know it all posters that populated the Red Sox Forum were ousted by the Forum Moderator's once they signed up for the "Private Forum".  So now the Red Sox Forum is "free at last, free at last" to any and all posters, regardless of one personal opinion, or how many times a poster has posted.  Freedom of post's is alive and well.  WTG Forum Moderater's!  GO SOX!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What Ever Happened To The Private Forum? : Agree.  Those elitists, snobbish, know it all posters that populated the Red Sox Forum were ousted by the Forum Moderator's once they signed up for the "Private Forum".  So now the Red Sox Forum is "free at last, free at last" to any and all posters, regardless of one personal opinion, or how many times a poster has posted.  Freedom of post's is alive and well.  WTG Forum Moderater's!  GO SOX!
    Posted by lucbom[/QUOTE]

You know, I kinda' liked this forum better when the private forum existed. Sure, it was a little wilder at times, but there was a whole lot less talk of who should and shouldn't post here. The idea that the number of times someone has posted somehow gives them more rights or a higher status is simply ludicrous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

[QUOTE]Did it suffer an ignominious death due to the fact that those who populated it found no one to look down upon? Just wondering...

IT DIED AND WENT TO H..L ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER GARBAGE MOONSLAV AND HARNESS TRIED TO FORCE DOWN EVERYONES THROAT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

The whole look and format of the new forum was unfamiliar and poor. What BDC should have done was to designate the software on this forum to the new forum and to use the inferior software for this forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Maybe the private forum can be used for some of the children here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe the private forum can be used for some of the children here.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    I agree.

Now, how are we going to determine who the adults are?

Is there some kind  of test?

It seems to me that some of the posters that hollered the longest and loudest for a private forum are among those exhibiting the most extreme childish behavior on this board lately.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

it should be easy to identify the adults here, just look for the sox fans.  the remainng yankee fans are the children.......very simple.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]it should be easy to identify the adults here, just look for the sox fans.  the remainng yankee fans are the children.......very simple.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

I dis-agree.

True, while there are some Yankee fans that come here whose purpose is to taunt and annoy, there are others who exhibit civility and grace in the face of outlandish insults from infantile Red Sox fans.

It's not about which team you support as much as how you conduct yourself in regard to your fellow posters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Yes among other things. They wanted to create a better place for themselves but when the pied piper started on his way he realized none of the mice were following. Thus he immediately begged back into the city with the dark plan to bring it down from within.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

The private forum, IMO, was created for Red Sox fans and their Yankee pals to hang out in. I feel sorry for the Sox fans that went there not even knowing who the Yankee fans were since they refuse to identify themselves (probably because they're too classy), and also the fact that they are a "group" together. Probably made it difficult for them to voice any opinion that wasn't agreed on by the "group". Must have been awful. Add to that the fact that, I believe the only posters viewed as "trouble makers" were Sox fans (maybe besides the obvious Babe). So, did it ever really make sense?

Again, FTR, I never had any interest in the private forum.

Maybe one day this Red Sox forum will become like any other team's forum where the fans of the team are not the targets of bannings and reportings by seemingly weak men who can't just debate them instead, and don't have to deal with posts from abusive rival team fans just because their long-time friends here never seem to find a problem with them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Ever Happened To The Private Forum? : I dis-agree. True, while there are some Yankee fans that come here whose purpose is to taunt and annoy, there are others who exhibit civility and grace in the face of outlandish insults from infantile Red Sox fans. It's not about which team you support as much as how you conduct yourself in regard to your fellow posters.

Well said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

kimsaysthis "weak men" ....uh oh. Are you saying only men are weak? 

Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Antibody the man who used to have the best avatars and often funny lines I detect a chip on your shoulder.  You have complained of being ignored by "elites" in the past.

I have seen this before:

I worked as a roofer while working on a doctorate and the other roofers all had huge chips about Yuppies, elites, office workers, ties, .....

Family parties meant "college boy" banter from every uncle, cousin...

I know this is harsh but get over it.  Life is full of folks choosing to be around the like minded.  If posters get annoyed by LoveSox 13, Babe and their ilk  posting constantly after the 2 -10 start why not block those kind of idiots. The technology blew not the idea.

I have been on both sides and I would say if the "elites" ignore you, who cares.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Honestly, I didn't even know the Private chat went ka-boom. Did it really exist? Too funny...I mean it was such a great idea - Take a bunch of like-minded people who value conformity of thought more than discussing opinion and close it off to fans who don't fit in...

How could this NOT work??? LOLOLOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I HEARD THAT IT WENT THE WAY OF WASHINGTON D C  !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly, I didn't even know the Private chat went ka-boom. Did it really exist? Too funny...I mean it was such a great idea - Take a bunch of like-minded people who value conformity of thought more than discussing opinion and close it off to fans who don't fit in... How could this NOT work??? LOLOLOL
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I got lambasted for not supporting the private forum idea.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I was one of the key posters to get the elite to try and abdicate to the Private Group. I made fun of them the entire time, and as I promised it failed before it could fly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Ever Happened To The Private Forum? : I got lambasted for not supporting the private forum idea.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

yea that criticism of you makes a lot of sense -  I mean a guy named after BILL LEE not wanting to suport an elitist, self-serving, and close-minded chat forum....lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Where is Harness with his lists when we need him?

Who is going to fess up and say they were on the private chat???? I need some help here...who was in it?

Im guessing Roy....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

tom-uk:

Granted, I may have a bit of a chip on my shoulder , but it's only                     because there are others who carry large blocks on thier's.
                There are a number of posters that seem to feel they have more
                of a right to post here and that the contents of their posts, whether
                baseball related or not, is somehow more acceptable than those of
                of other "less desirable" posters. 

Are these the elite that you are referring to? Who are they and what             makes them so? Is there a list? I'd sure like to see it so I'll know
                whose toes I shouldn't be stepping on. ( Yes, that is sarcasm.)  
                If such a list in fact exists who determines which posters are on it 
                and the criteria for being there? (More sarcasm.)  If those who
                feel they are better and above the rest would stop threatening and
                actually use the ignore feature instead of insulting and
                attempting to intimidate other posters, if they would segregate
                themselves from the un-washed masses this would be a better
                place. But what you say about like minded people is true. There
                will always be those who need to feel superior to others, for
                whatever reason. Or no reason at all.                 

There is nothing for me to get over. If you think you are being harsh
                this is milquetoast compared to what I have to put up with in a
                normal work day. I'm not as thin-skinned as you might think.
                If the so called elite want to ignore me i guess I should count my
                blessings.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe the private forum can be used for some of the children here.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Don't laugh. That was the idea and I think I approved of it.

Nothing better than to have the adults tell the kids how to behave.

We all know how it worked out.

Bad idea.

Please make sure the humble pie that I am about to consume has a light, flaky crust.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toolfinder. Show toolfinder's posts

It's back in Harness's Hope Chest along with the Alternate Game thread.