What Happens 3 way tie, Sox, Rays & Angels???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

What Happens 3 way tie, Sox, Rays & Angels???

I'm so depressed, despondent and disgusted with our team rather than having a playoff & being eliminated, our best chance for the post season would be to have a coin flip !!!  Could see losing one toss and asking for 2 out of 3,  3 out of 5,  4 out of 7 etc....well you get the picture !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

Re: What Happens 3 way tie, Sox, Rays & Angels???

In Response to What Happens 3 way tie, Sox, Rays & Angels???:
    I'm so depressed, despondent and disgusted with our team rather than having a playoff & being eliminated, our best chance for the post season would be to have a coin flip !!!  Could see losing one toss and asking for 2 out of 3,  3 out of 5,  4 out of 7 etc....well you get the picture !!!
    Posted by mandobello

Rock...Paper...Scissors...

Then the two winners play Inka-Binka Bottle of Inka..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

LOL! 

Well, maybe a day off will do them some good? ( and me?). They're still in the best position to win the WC. Plus they've played the Yanks pretty well all year and stopped their bad start versus the Yanks... soo. Maybe history can repeat itself that way? There's too much negative energy willing them to lose. It'll be what it'll be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

The Sox are still 2 up in the loss column, and the Yanks only need to rest players and arrange their rotation.  So, when the Sox play the Yanks, they will be playing a team that is marking time and giving its guys a rest.  Just remember that the Sox only need to play as well or better than the Rays and Angels, and they are in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: What Happens 3 way tie, Sox, Rays & Angels???:
    The Sox are still 2 up in the loss column, and the Yanks only need to rest players and arrange their rotation.  So, when the Sox play the Yanks, they will be playing a team that is marking time and giving its guys a rest.  Just remember that the Sox only need to play as well or better than the Rays and Angels, and they are in.
    Posted by Kamdog

I was never a huge fan in resting your starters.  In many cases I'm sure certain players would prefer to keep playing.  Too much rest doesn't help your timing against the best PS pitchers you may be facing next.  Same can be said for pitchers if they miss a start or two.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

In Response to Re: What Happens 3 way tie, Sox, Rays & Angels???:
    Posted by Kamdog

I dunno, even when the Yankees are giving their guys a rest, do you think that will make them a team worse than the Orioles...?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Whom do you think the Yankees would rather play in the playoffs...The Rays or Us who have a 11-4 record against them this year. I don't think they are going to roll over in the 3 game series !!!

They need make a statement as it may not be likely the Rays & Angels catch us ! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Good question...I think it involves head to head records to decide the two team that play first and with the other playing the winner?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

From an MLB.com article last season:

If three teams are tied atop a division or Wild Card standings, each club would be designated in one of three slots, "A," "B," or "C." Clubs get to choose their designation based on head-to-head records. Tiebreaking games would then proceed like this:
    • Club A hosts Club B on Monday, Oct. 4
    • The winner of the first game hosts Club C on Oct. 5, with the winner declared champion.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100923&content_id=14991826

Another source:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Resolution_of_ties_in_division_races

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LS350. Show LS350's posts

From River Ave Blues:

If all three teams finish with the same record, they’d go to a three-way playoff. This would affect the playoff schedule as a whole, since there’s only one off-day between the regular season and Game 1 of the ALDS, and they’d need two days to play these games. Here’s how it would break down. On Thursday Boston would host Anaheim in a one-game playoff. The winner would then travel to Tampa to face the Rays to determine the AL Wild Card. That would have to happen on Friday the 30th, though, which is scheduled to be Game 1 of the ALDS.

Late Add: Commenter Tom O. asked why the three-way playoff would go like this, so I’ll answer up here. The inset part of this article lays out the rules. The schedule is based on head-to-head records. The Rays are the best here, having gone 16-10 against the Sox and Angels. The Sox have gone 12-14 against the other two, while the Angels are 6-10. Hence, Sox vs. Angels, winner vs. Rays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

First: 2/26/2008
    Last: 9/22/2011
    LOL! 

Well, maybe a day off will do them some good? ( and me?). They're still in the best position to win the WC. Plus they've played the Yanks pretty well all year and stopped their bad start versus the Yanks... soo. Maybe history can repeat itself that way? There's too much negative energy willing them to lose. It'll be what it'll be

and they have dominated the Orioles all year, well up until this last series.........so what does that mean?

Sections
Shortcuts