What happens to guys like Veritek?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: What happens to guys like Veritek?

Fact: Tito and Theo were fired.

Fact: VTek was not re-signed.

Fact: You are a hate-filled Sox basher, a liar, a pretender, a silly evil clown, and a worse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Fact: Tito option was declined, FA

Fact: Inepstein was under contract and was tradded

Fact: Varitek was effectively fired

Fact: You are a drone who apes "hate" like an Obama Ward of the State. You are a feeble minded prevaricator, clowns are not evil, and only a stooge would bash Tito and lobby for 1 or 2 million for loser 10 year old Union frathouse boss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: What happens to guys like Veritek?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What happens to guys like Veritek? : Name one person on this board who has said there "were no problems". Crickets...
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Crickets? Really?

Dirty Water Lover, Page 1:

There were no player problems last year.  It was all nonsense made up by the media
     "There were no player problems last year."

He thinks the media made it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Fact: Tito and Theo were fired. Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Tito was not renewed.  He left.

Theo left, and they are even still discussing compensation for him.  Fired guys dont generally get that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I do not understand why moonslav59 continues to be mean spirited to hankwilliams. It would be good if moon could try and stop attacking the poor guy over and over again.

Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]I do not understand why moonslav59 continues to be mean spirited to hankwilliams . It would be good if moon could try and stop attacking the poor guy over and over again.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

He deserves much worse. I have been mild.

You continued defense of this obvious hate monger, bigot, and worse is puzzling to say the least. I have always respected you burr, but you are better than this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

We are operating in a thread wiht the subject "Veritek" thus I strived for humor. Tongue in cheek moon, you are a great poster - perhaps even a pillar to the forum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Fact: Tito option was declined, FA Fact: Inepstein was under contract and was tradded Fact: Varitek was effectively fired Fact: You are a drone who apes "hate" like an Obama Ward of the State. You are a feeble minded prevaricator, clowns are not evil, and only a stooge would bash Tito and lobby for 1 or 2 million for loser 10 year old Union frathouse boss.

Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]We are operating in a thread wiht the subject "Veritek" thus I strived for humor. Tongue in cheek moon, you are a great poster - perhaps even a pillar to the forum.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I am normally a very sarcastic guy, but sometimes your humor eludes me (no face-to-face). I'll try and stay on my toes next time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

everyone knows softlaw. he is extreme. I like his wit, and more than half the time he is giving you garbage I take it as a joke - I am surprised anyone really takes it for more than he trying top get your goat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Other than to wish our former Captain Jason Varitek well, whether he signs with another team or retires, just as I thought about predictions regarding Jed Lowrie when Jed's trade to the Astros was announced, don't see the point.  Whether Saltalamacchia or Lavarnway is traded, with Kelly very likely to make the team out of ST, Jason will not be back.  Bad mouthing Jason about beer and chicken in the Clubhouse serves no more purpose than it did/does bad mouthing Terry Francona or Theo Epstein.  What is done is done, these high paid ML players have to take responsibility, and we don't know if Jason or Terry ever tried to put a stop to such activities or if they might have been told by Theo or the Ownership to let it go.  It seems very likely that everyone around the team knew it was going on and continued to condone it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Bad mouthing anyone you want rgm is none of your business...same thing for Pike, and Moon...Tek failed miserably as captain, that's why he and Tito were fired...you can cry all you want about semantics, but facts are facts...the team imploded, they were held accountable...and if there is any justice, fatazz beckett will be gone too...sometimes you just have to deal with it....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

obvious hate monger, bigot, and worse is puzzling to say the least

Moonslob= Debbie Wasserman-Schultz

At some point, calling critics and opponents of an agenda "hate monger, bigot, racist" will be viewed on the level as TAS.

Varitek was effectively fired, fact. He will not be getting the million that you want him offered. Get over it.

I frequently disagreed with Geo on Tito, but he is 100% correct on this issue. Tito was unable to get frathouse in order, and Varitek was part of the problem because he did not get fellow union mates in order.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I'll attribute the epic collapse to 25 players who all played their worst baseball of the season at the same time. This included untimely hitting, poor baserunning, poor defense, terrible starting pitching, ans blown saves by the bullpen. I know that diffusing the blame doesn't "play in Peoria" or in the BDC forum since it is not controversial or ignite debate. It is like eating cereal for breakfast instead of ham and eggs.  What a shame that reality has to take a backseat to the "scapegoat du jour". Such is the way of internet forums.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bad mouthing anyone you want rgm is none of your business...same thing for Pike, and Moon...Tek failed miserably as captain, that's why he and Tito were fired...you can cry all you want about semantics, but facts are facts...the team imploded, they were held accountable...and if there is any justice, fatazz beckett will be gone too...sometimes you just have to deal with it....

Where's your proof that VTek was fired "because he failed miserably" as a captain? Could it be that they just thought Salty, Lava and Shpp were better players or project better for 2012? Your idea of "fact" is your own fiction.

I am dealing with the loss of VTek and maybe others in what I feel i9s the appropriate way. I don't shoot arrows before looking and knowing what I am about to shoot. 

I just choose to "deal with it" in terms of not playing a baseless blame game. 

We lost or "collapsed" because VTek was not a good captain is not a "fact".
    VTek will not be re-signed for 2012 because he was not a good leader is not a "fact".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Bad mouthing anyone you want rgm is none of your business...same thing for Pike, and Moon...Tek failed miserably as captain, that's why he and Tito were fired...you can cry all you want about semantics, but facts are facts...the team imploded, they were held accountable...and if there is any justice, fatazz beckett will be gone too...sometimes you just have to deal with it.... Where's your proof that VTek was fired "because he failed miserably" as a captain? Could it be that they just thought Salty, Lava and Shpp were better players or project better for 2012? Your idea of "fact" is your own fiction. I am dealing with the loss of VTek and maybe others in what I feel i9s the appropriate way. I don't shoot arrows before looking and knowing what I am about to shoot.  I just choose to "deal with it" in terms of not playing a baseless blame game.  We lost or "collapsed" because VTek was not a good captain is not a "fact". VTek will not be re-signed for 2012 because he was not a good leader is not a "fact".
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Could it be that they just thought...... were better for 2012.

which is exactly what the front office has stated yesterday, Moon.  Teks time has come to call it a day. Henry was quoted as saying "Jason Veritek will always have a home at Fenway" leading to some speculation he'll be back in some capacity. Henry also added he hoped to be the Sox owner for the next 10 years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Have you ever heard of the word retirement?  They all do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Well I guess we should find out something this year about whether Varitek's alleged intangible contributions were really there or not.  In the meantime, the team's record in Salty starts is 47-54.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

VTek will not be re-signed for 2012 because he was not a good leader is not a "fact".

It is a fact that if Varitek was an effective 2011 team leader he would have been resigned. 1 million is cheap for effective leaders who team has excellent WL record when Tek or Mac start.........................................................

Over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bye bye CERA magic fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good riddance to a 40 year old catcher who cost 10 million for zero playoff wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Just as Francona was fired for his leadership failures, so did the decision not to resign Varitek also stem from his leadership failures....
    everyone knew what he limitations were at this stage of his career - the fact that he is not being asked to return is an indictment on his role as a leader, not a back up...it is hilarious that Moon has written REAMS of posts detailing the stastical worth of Veritek, and praising all his CERA intangibles, but the minute he gets released (fired), it is because "maybe he has a noodle arm, or the management thought he couldnt play"...

really Moon???
    didnt you just spend the past two years telling us how valuable Tek was STATISTICALLY???

are you saying that Sox management doesnt have that info and thus are releasing him because they dont know any better?

or could it be that he role on the team was to be captain and lead by example, and he failed epically at that last year?

you need to make up your mind about Tek...is he above avg backup catcher as you claim, or not? do the sox know this, or not? was he expected to lead or not as captain?

i dont think you are trying to hard here Moon - and your logic is pretty lousy...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

it is hilarious that Moon has written REAMS of posts detailing the stastical worth of Veritek, and praising all his CERA intangibles, but the minute he gets released (fired), it is because "maybe he has a noodle arm, or the management thought he couldnt play"...

Game, set and match! Only an idiot makes a case against himself, and that is our resident stooge, Moonslob.

Obviously, Varitek at 40 is the same bum as Varitek at 39. All that changed was ownership and management decided to pull the good ole boy plug on old FA because of 2011 team collapse. Had team done well, Varitek would have been offered 1M or more to return to frathouse.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]it is hilarious that Moon has written REAMS of posts detailing the stastical worth of Veritek, and praising all his CERA intangibles, but the minute he gets released (fired), it is because "maybe he has a noodle arm, or the management thought he couldnt play"... Game, set and match! Only an idiot makes a case against himself, and that is our resident stooge, Moonslob. Obviously, Varitek at 40 is the same bum as Varitek at 39. All that changed was ownership and management decided to pull the good ole boy plug on old FA because of 2011 team collapse. Had team done well, Varitek would have been offered 1M or more to return to frathouse.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

exactly...perfectly stated

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Word is (USAToday), the Sox would like to keep him on board in a non-playing capacity. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What happens to guys like Veritek? : exactly...perfectly stated
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Perfectly stated.  Sure.  Perfection is in the eye of the beholder I guess.  But casting derogatory names like "bum" at a venerable Sox lifer like Tek makes it far from perfect for me.  This great leader, in succumbing to that pesky process called aging (how dare he?!?), is a bum?  That makes his comments, to me, not perfect at all, in fact, disgraceful.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

space..i should have bold the "same as 39/40" remark...i dont think he's a bum...not at all...i have been a supporter of tek as a back up...still think he was better than most...but management wants him out for obvious reasons to me...

Sections
Shortcuts