what if BC had listened to the jabros who wanted LESTER traded?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: what if BC had listened to the jabros who wanted LESTER traded?

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

another example of a GM who listens to the fans soon becomes one!

For a while there, it didn't seem that Lester could sustain top-of-the-rotation performance.  So, at this meeting of Jabro's Annonymous, I take the first step: "My name is Sheriff-Rojas, and I'm a Jabro."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I always believed Lester would turn things around. I went back and forth with a few posters here. Ben knows what hes doing. They may add to that option this offseason with a nice extension. Lester is a guy you keep into his mid 30's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I've always been a Lester fan, and I'm glad we didn't trade him.  But the proposal I remember was for Wil Myers, so it wouldn't have been the end of the world if we had. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Is there any one player on the club who someone hasn't wanted to trade away !!

Just my extremely ignorant, conservatively liberal, all knowing, pervasive, practically meaningless and but extremely intellectual points of view.

Hetch   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Is there any one player on the club who someone hasn't wanted to trade away !!

Just my extremely ignorant, conservatively liberal, all knowing, pervasive, practically meaningless and but extremely intellectual points of view.

Hetch   

this is a rhetorical question, right Hetch?Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

There was a lot of Lester bashing going on here for awhile mostly by one poster. Since Lester started pitching better we don't hear much from him now. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

I was open to the possibility. And we might have Anibal Sanchez and Will Myers instead of Lester. I would take those guys and their contractual situations now over Lester. Jabros are lazy, not stupid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

[QUOTE]

I was open to the possibility. And we might have Anibal Sanchez and Will Myers instead of Lester. I would take those guys and their contractual situations now over Lester. Jabros are lazy, not stupid.

[/QUOTE]

It was not my number one suggested plan, but I did say I'd have preferred we signed Sanchez over Victorino, Dempster and Drew. Had we traded Lester for Myers, I think we may be about where we are now, but with 2 guys under team control for longer than what we would have gave up.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

All of this is premature. Ask me again about 7 pm Friday. He does not have a good track record in PS games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd still rather have Anibal Sanchez and Wil Myers than Lester.

Sox4ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sox4ever

That's sounds good in theory but Sanchez was never leaving Detroit for Boston. That was always a pipe dream.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'll bet the front office types read this forum when they want a few laughs regarding trades and strategy.

I would.

Actually I do.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you are still a rat."- Lily Tomlin

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

It's not like they were going to trade him for a bucket of balls.....  They were going to trade him for a top 3 prospect in all of MLB that by all accounts is living up and exceeding all the hype thrown his way!  Wil Myers is a great offensive talent and one that this team could certainly have used in the OF and hope that somehow we can get a talent like him in the offseason somehow.  I was actually very 50/50 on the trade....and I wouldn't have blinked an eye either way.  Heck...I wouldn't blink an eye if they made that trade right after the post season!  I'm a big Lester fan but we would be trading a #2 pitcher for a young great talent under team control for years.....not a bad deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Problem for most fans is that they look at how much money he is making.  Once they saw that he is uncapable to be an ACE pitcher for the team, they want him to be trade cuz Boston is paying him too much.  Remember, most pitchers in MLB are all making an awful too much money anyway at the same time half of them are not capable to be the top three starting pitchers of the rotation.  He just had one bad year which I think it is not his fault last year. Blame the manager, blame the team, etc.

Right now I will not ever let him go.  Boston will pick up his option and try to sign him a long term extension contract!!  He hardly get hurt, and why the world you want to dump him and bring in another guy like Lackey or old guy, Dempster, and then he cant even win more than 10 games or pitch more than a half of season.  Doesnt matter he is making twice less money than Lester.

Seriously, Lester is coming back!!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

That's sounds good in theory but Sanchez was never leaving Detroit for Boston. That was always a pipe dream.

[/QUOTE]

People have said this over and over...It was NEVER going to happen. I could care less what player someone wants. Was it a realistic option? No, it wasnt.

Hey, Id like Paul Goldschmidt, Adam Jones and Verlander. Unfortunately those are about as realistic as Sanchez was last year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

I advocated for Lester being extended beyond the option, back when he was pitching poorly, this season.

You and me both softy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I advocated for Lester being extended beyond the option, back when he was pitching poorly, this season.

You and me both softy

[/QUOTE] hey, Good Morning Flav!! :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

When people have discussed Cherrington's fine work in these last 12 -15 months, they speak of the Trade and the guys he brought in with the money that was freed up from the Trade.  But, I think what gets lost in the mix is who he stucks with.  Given the disaster and upheaval of 2012, he could have cleaned house in any number of ways.  but he stuck with Salty.  He stuck with his top of the rotation.  He analyzed the trends and the sophisticated performance prognosticating tools better than much of the media and almost everyone here.  And, unlike Theo, who at his best was a shrewd manager and sabermetrics numbers guy with a lot of resources at his disposal , Cherrington is a true baseball man.  He knows inately who the (sorry Softy) gamers are.  He has an entire roster full of them at this juncture.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

All of this is premature. Ask me again about 7 pm Friday. He does not have a good track record in PS games.

His career postseason ERA is 2.56. But other than that you made a great point.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I advocated for Lester being extended beyond the option, back when he was pitching poorly, this season."

lol. 

You also advocated for Cherry being fired and so many other foolhardy things it's hard to keep track - if it was up to you Carl Crawford would have been our leadoff hitter and we'd be watching the world series again from home. I guess you're gone from here again though - see ya. 

Commie- weren't you one of the 'jabros' as you call them, who wanted Lester traded? 

He had become a very ordinary pitcher for a while, I don't recall any posts of yours defending him during the time when he threw childish tantrums every time a call didn't go his way. 

Water under the bridge and I could not be happier for him but: not a fan of the "I told you so" posts, especially when I don't recall you telling us anything whatsoever about it

Sections
Shortcuts