what if HAMEL decides to be the "welcoming committee" for MIDDLEBROOKS as he did for BRYCE HARPER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

what if HAMEL decides to be the "welcoming committee" for MIDDLEBROOKS as he did for BRYCE HARPER?

this one could get ugly very quickly. as you recall, mr. hamel nailed harper right on his tight back and admitted to throwing at him after the game as a throwback way to welcome the kid into the big leagues. he got suspended a start but what if he wants to make a bigger statement. what should the sox retaliation be? these things must be worked out in advance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: what if HAMEL decides to be the "welcoming committee" for MIDDLEBROOKS as he did for BRYCE HARPER?

In Response to what if HAMEL decides to be the "welcoming committee" for MIDDLEBROOKS as he did for BRYCE HARPER?:
    [QUOTE]this one could get ugly very quickly. as you recall, mr. hamel nailed harper right on his tight back and admitted to throwing at him after the game as a throwback way to welcome the kid into the big leagues. he got suspended a start but what if he wants to make a bigger statement. what should the sox retaliation be? these things must be worked out in advance.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the retaliation would look like, but I am fairly certain it would be administered by Josh Beckett.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: what if HAMEL decides to be the "welcoming committee" for MIDDLEBROOKS as he did for BRYCE HARPER?

Won't happen. Hamels should know he will definitely get banned more than 5 games this time if he plunks Middlebrooks.  Plus, Middlebrooks is righty and if Hamels gets Middlebrooks good, both dugouts will be cleared.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Please, the Sox starters don't even try and own the inside half of the dish let alone throw a purpose pitch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: what if HAMEL decides to be the "welcoming committee" for MIDDLEBROOKS as he did for BRYCE HARPER?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to what if HAMEL decides to be the "welcoming committee" for MIDDLEBROOKS as he did for BRYCE HARPER? : Not sure what the retaliation would look like, but I am fairly certain it would be administered by Josh Beckett.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Yeah with an 89 MPH cutter that misses the inteded target by 18"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: what if HAMEL decides to be the "welcoming committee" for MIDDLEBROOKS as he did for BRYCE HARPER?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: what if HAMEL decides to be the "welcoming committee" for MIDDLEBROOKS as he did for BRYCE HARPER? : Yeah with an 89 MPH cutter that misses the inteded target by 18"
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  Nice.  I set it up, and you knocked it down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what if HAMEL decides to be the "welcoming committee" for MIDDLEBROOKS as he did for BRYCE HARPER? : Hahaha.  Nice.  I set it up, and you knocked it down.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

:)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

When  Cole Hamels hit Bryce Harper, it was referred to as old-time baseball.  I was just looking up the stats, the top 25 players in the HBP category, I've seen the vast majority: Biggio 295, Baylor 267, Kendall 254, Ron Hunt 243, Frank Robinson 198, Gallarga 178, Giambi 174, Delgado 172, A-Rod 160, Jeter 158, Vina 157, Brady Anderson 154, Guillen 145 and Eckstein and Fisk at 143.  It seems to be a myth that pitchers threw more at batters pre-1960.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Why would he need to welcome Middlebrooks? The reason he hit Harper was because of his mouth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I doubt Cole Hamels would deliberately bean a batter who has struck out in 20 of his 59 plate appearances at the MLB level ... I suspect Hamels would want to add to his strikeout total.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]Please, the Sox starters don't even try and own the inside half of the dish let alone throw a purpose pitch.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    I think we saw Mr. Doubront throw a "purpose pitch" tonight at one Mr. Luke Scott in retaliation for Moore hitting A-Gon.  He and Shopp were laughing about it on the mound after it happened.

But, yeah... Beckett would def be the one to exact revenge at a later date had Doubront not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

If he throws at Middlebrooks, I wouldn't think it unusual if the next batter's bat slipped out of his hands and it flew toward the mound.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I say we all buy tickets to the game and rush the mound if he does it!

Who is with me?!?