WHAT IF LARUSSA WALKS THRU THAT DOOR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WHAT IF LARUSSA WALKS THRU THAT DOOR?

my sources tell me that tony has been angling to come to boston for the past few years. he's eberything the sox need. plus our bulpen fones work! if he can do what he did with the miniscule budgets of st. louis and oakland, what do you think he'll do with a team with the second highest budget in the game. larussa is close friends with belichick. sox need the belichick of MLB! pay the man whatever it takes! plus we get dave duncan as well!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Re: WHAT IF LARUSSA WALKS THRU THAT DOOR?

God no, we dont need someone who over manages the game.  Imagine how long Sox-yankees games would take then? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I really dislike Tony Larussa when i see him on TV, but if he and Dave Duncan want to come to Boston I would welcome him. Can;t argue with the success he has had in Oakland and St Louis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Can we just have Duncan?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No.  He needs to stay in St Louis, a great baseball town that has produced WS winners for a century without any 86 year gaps.   Where is it written that the Red Sox are entitled to everyone else's best players, manager, etc? 

I am always amazed at how often people claim that changing managers is transformational or that good managers will win an extra 10 or 20 games a year simply because they bring the right pitcher in (or don't) or come up with the right lineup or whatever. 

The reason why everyone is excited about what happened last night--the Cardinals bullpen failed to warm up the right reliever after Larussa called out there twice--is that everybody in the announcers booth, including the Rangers announcers booth, knew that the lefty reliever was risky against the righty Napoli.  There were almost certainly of zillions Cardinals fans that were asking the same questions the announcers were asking.

In other words, with all the charts and stats and everything, every single manager in MLB is armed to the teeth with information on what pitcher should face which batter.  The manager the Sox just dumped (justifiably, in my opinion) had all that information and normally, usually used it to good effect.  That's why the Sox, despite a so-so pitching staff this year, were headed for 100 wins before the September collapse.  That's five months of very good baseball, including the bad start (6 losses in a row?).  Francona isn't a genius, but he doesn't need to be. 

Did I forget to mention that every MLB manager not only has a pitching coach but a bench coach as well?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

67 is the new 40 when it comes to MLB Managers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: WHAT IF LARUSSA WALKS THRU THAT DOOR?:
    [QUOTE]  WRONG MAN, WRONG TIME, WRONG PLACE !!!!!  TOO OLD AND THE RED LIGHT TOO !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
     BILL, great point! Tony was the man in charge when the St.Louis pitcher Josh Hancock died driving drunk. Hello? Time to turn the page on beergate. Next celebratory RedSox beer better be at the White House with Herman Cain!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

he'll just be visitng...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Dave Martinez and Bud Black are 2 names that interest me.  Black had Lackey in LA, so maybe he can turn him around.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

h

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I had to vote no, purely for aesthetic reasons.  I cannot stand looking at LaRussa's face.  Is he Botoxed, or had a face lift or something?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Tony Larussa is just like Phil Jackson.  When his team finally made into the post season, he just got the right core of talent players on his team during these post season years.  First he got the Bash brothers/Eckersley/Stewart/others with Oakland and then with Pujols/Halliday/Carpenter/Wainright/others.  What about all other years that he managed?  Also he only won one division title with the White Sox prior moving to Oakland out of 10 something years.  

Better off to hire someone else!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I would buy him the best phone money could buy!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

It is not going to happen. And I do not like the way he overmanages via platooning all over the place.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Say goodby to Carmine.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

dont forget that he really started all this money ball thing.. he platoons for he's going by the numbers! give him guys you dont need to platoon and he wont! plus he will bring big mac with him to boston! guy has an allstar coaching staff in place. would be perfect! this is his LAST year in his present contract!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Why would LaRussa want to come to a city that has a basball forum where everyone pretends to know more about managing a game than he does?

Sections
Shortcuts