What if Sox win it all??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

What if Sox win it all??

If Sox really win it all (let's just pretend), you (ppl talking sxxx about their team) still gonna say we need this, that, fire who and who, get rid of big John, CC was mistake all that bs even after Sox win the WS???? Just wait until the season ends, if Sox miss the playoff, or perhaps get eliminated in PS, then talk sxxx about them all u want.. season did not end and Sox is leading the WC race.  RS spent most of the time in first place of the division.  I dont think you complained anything then.  All you taking sxxx about your team because they are losing, just change your team.  so pathetic...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: What if Sox win it all??

In Response to Re: What if Sox win it all??:
    In Response to What if Sox win it all?? : This forum will have about 4 people posting in it and the rest will wait until the first losing streak in April to tell us how it is Francona's fault and Theo's fault
    Posted by thepeskypole6

So very true. Based upon the current state here I believe many are not even close to being RS fans. Many have few posts and all seem to be negative. So I think most RS are staying away just because of the hobknobs of negativity being spouted by these trolls.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

This is why I have started referring to Red Sox Nation as "Bandwagon Nation" in recent weeks.

We simply have too many fairweather fans who are just too ready to jump off the bandwagon at the first sign that perhaps things are not as good as we expected. The other symptom of a large bandwagon fanbase comes in the offseason and early season, when people look at the roster and say ridiculous stuff like "this team has 5 aces" or "they should go 162-0."

As you go through life, there will be times when things go well and times when they don't. The weak panic when times are tough, and the ignorant pretend nothing can ever go wrong when things are good.

We have too many fans in  'Bandwagon Nation' that are both weak and ignorant. But many of us, stay the course and keep faith in our team. It can be frustrating at times, but that's what being a fan is all about.

Things do not always go as planned, but crying and pointing fingers never helps.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

If we win the World Series this year I will be shocked, surprised and overjoyed. I will be the first to admit I gave up on their chances to win the WS some time ago. I'm not to prideful to admit be incorrect.

Now having said that, it is my 46 year tenure as a Red Sox faithful that gives me the right to gripe, moan, be negative, and expect doom when the Red Sox play like they have been since late August.

Being a 100% pollyana postive thinker, is just so contrary to "old school" Red Sox fans.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

There is nothing wrong with questioning tactics by the mgr or FO.
    It is when people do it with having no reason/facts to back it up.
    Like saying to IBB Longoria every AB because he has the potential to hurt you.
    Then being shown the guy behind him this year has the same potential. And he then disregards that fact and continues his BS.

We can also say why did they not get this guy or that guy? But we must remember that other teams have needs as well and if the RS can not fill that need in a trade then the other guy goes somewhere else.
    I mean if you have a great player at a position under contract for 4 years why would you want my minor leaguer no matter how good he may be that plays the same position.
    People just make comments and do not think or investigate the reasons behind some decisions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I was wondering how many Tampa Bay Rays fans were critical of Maddon's ( stupid) move in the 2nd game of their doubleheader with N.Y.

Maddon pulled starter Jeremy Hellickson out of the game with a 96 pitch count after he allowed only 2 hits over 7 innings to the Yankees offense in what was essentially a "must  win" game. The bullpen then blew the game for the Rays.

For some dumb reason, many people see Maddon as a "genius" and Francona as a buffoon....mainly because as bandwagon fans these people wear blinders and only see the "bad" Francona moves and the "good" Maddon moves.

I also wonder if Rays fans aren't also pointing fingers at Longoria and Upton , two veterans in the heart of their lineup batting well below .250.

Then I remember that there is no Tampa Bay bandwagon nation....they barely have any fans period, unless those fans are disguised as empty seats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: What if Sox win it all?? : You think they are playing good Baseball?
    Posted by bobbysu

You think you are being a good fan? Not even a good one. A fan of any?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmitaly. Show lmitaly's posts

I've been a diehard Sox fan since '75 but thinking this team will win a World Series is a real stretch. Nothing would make me happier than to see them win it all but from what i've seen in the last month and a half has made me really question the heart of this team.... Sorry fellow Sox fans but a spade is a spade.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Just because a fan is disappointed and complains does not make them less of a fan.  The Sox deserved to be booed last night.  Its a wonder it didn't happen sooner.  They are not giving any effort.  They are playing as if they hope that Tampa will lose.  This is the worst effort that I have seen a Sox team give in 50 years.  There is no way they will advance in the playoffs IF they luck out and get in.  They are not very good right now.  The GM, the manager and the players are to blame, not the fans who complain.  The fans have a right to expect and demand a good professional effort from the players and they haven't been getting it for six weeks.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Evaluation of management should not be based upon post season results. This team should have won the division, and it has ball and chain contracts terrible value contracts out the Yazoo. It is about value in a business, not hitting an ant hill with a cluster bomb. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Are the characteristics of a "true fan" to happily sit back and not find fault with the fact that the team hasn't won a series since August, and just dropped 3/4 to an abysmal last place team? To be full of nothing but smiles and sunshine for the fact that a 2.5 lead in the wild card exists only by the grace of your hated rivals?

The definition of a fair-weather fan is one that shows up as a fan only when the team is winning or makes it to the playoffs, not someone who has followed the team all season and becomes critical when the team is unmistakably playing badly in the home stretch.

I don't know how a fan could keep a positive, supportive attitude at a time of such collectively disappointing play without looking disingenuous and/or clueless. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

There's plenty of blame to go around but the bottom line is, Theo Epstein constructed better than 75% of the current roster and utimately he should be held accountable.     When teams have high expectations and fail the players don't get fired.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Nobody is saying you can't be critical.

I do it often.

What is being said here is don't let your disappointment and frustration grow to a point where you give up and go cry in the corner.

There is plenty to be disappointed about. If you can't take the disappointment , follow golf and cheer for Tiger Woods or something.

I am not happy about the way things are going, but I'll be damned if I am going to follow a team for 5 1/2 months and give up now. I'd rather see how it plays out. A marathon runner doesn't win a race if he is leading with 10 yds to go, he wins when he crosses the finish line. The race to the best record in regular season is over for us, we can not win that, but postseason is within reach. Winning in the playoffs is only possible if you get in. Let's focus on getting in and see how it plays out.

Then we'll have all winter to comlain about what went wrong.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

The Sox Will Win it All This Season, Even with Francona and his band of Misfit Coaches !! The Sox Should have parted ways with Tito last season but apparently his willingness to let upper management call the shots on the field, at least that's what The Tito Defenders say, has kept him on. For the past two seasons now, this team's fundementals, especially on defense, has been in the crapper and that is directly attributed to the manager and his group of flunkies they call coaches. The pitching Staff's unwillingness to throw Strikes started last year with Farrell and has not gotten much better this season, thus the high pitch counts, thus Starters not going longer in games, and the result is a worn out bullpen. I Still believe in this team, the players, winning it all, always have !! I will go one step further and Say, even before the Off Season Starts, that they will be the favored team to win it all again next year. I would feel even better about both statements if they can find a way to get past the current manager making decisions !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

And if the stock market goes up 1000 points tomorrow, I'll get the money I lost today back.

If, If, If, If. 
    Not happening.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

If we win the World Series this year I will be shocked, surprised and overjoyed. I will be the first to admit I gave up on their chances to win the WS some time ago. I'm not to prideful to admit be incorrect. Now having said that, it is my 46 year tenure as a Red Sox faithful that gives me the right to gripe, moan, be negative, and expect doom when the Red Sox play like they have been since late August. Being a 100% pollyana postive thinker, is just so contrary to "old school" Red Sox fans.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

Sounds like you would gripe,moan,be negative,and expect doom being a fan of any team. Sounds to me like you have done that now for 46 years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

So if the Red Sox had won the division the last three years but had been swept each year in the playoffs you would have no complaints over the management of the team?

If the Red Sox had won the AL East division the last 3 years, no chance they get swept.

If the Red Sox go 3 years of no division title and ALDS swept or out easy in playoffs, will you vote to keep paying the GM more millions.........................................

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Great OP, and true.  All the same, Tito is a lousy game manager, though great with keeping everyone happy, but I wouldn't fire him, I don't believe a manager makes or breaks a team.  The real reason the sox have struggled is because of injuries, two years running; with healthy Buch & Youk, they'd be neck and neck with Yanks right now, maybe even a little ahead.

Sections
Shortcuts