What is Farrell thinking?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: What is Farrell thinking?

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I never called manager John stupid for starting Nava. The assumption that Bradley does worse than Nava is pure speculation, but I'm glad it worked out for my bench guy, Nava, with an option. 

Hey guess who else has options?????

Ohh, pick me pick me!!!  I know!  JBJ and Iggy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Iglesias has options, that's who else. To make room for "premium guy".

This has to be your lamest nickname ever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Step right up!  Everybody take your best shot at Softlaw.  It's fun.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm glad you appreciate it, Conan.  It means something (maybe not a helluva lot) coming from the poster that specializes in terse jabs at board villains.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

This has to be your lamest nickname ever.

Farrell called Drew a premium SS and of course softhead ran with it...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Who is premium guy?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

when one puts somethiing in "qoutes" it usually means someone other than yourself has actually said it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Wow... i feel sick now.  My true apologies to max if it's not late.  It was too perfectly sarcasmized.

No sweat.  I did not intend to mislead anyone. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

When does Softy's options run out?

Just askin'

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Wow... i feel sick now.  My true apologies to max if it's not late.  It was too perfectly sarcasmized.

No sweat.  I did not intend to mislead anyone. 

You did intend to mislead us with the thread title.  That made me click on it.  You should be proud of this.  I know your namesake would be.

I'm sure seannybboi will get over it.  Seems like he already has.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Zero was a leftist, but a comic genius, as is Mel Brooks. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

When does Softy's options run out?

Just askin'

Softy's ofptions have run out numerous times, going back to when I first started posting here.  Back then he was known as just plain "Law".  I'm ready to have him DFA'd.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

when one puts somethiing in "qoutes" it usually means someone other than yourself has actually said it.

This happens to people that think they are clever.  They start making up nicknames for players, and no one has the slightest idea who they are talking about, so they start putting the names in quotes as a way of telling you it's a nickname.  And, no, I have no idea why he does it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I harken back to his first AB grand slam, and what he was before after. Nothing has changed.

I'm putting you down as a Dan Nava and Gomes starters in LF guy, for the rest of the season. Be sure to remember this moment, when Nava was transformed into greatness.

As I have said many times, I believe in Bradley long term, but I thought putting Nava in today was a smart move, and I'm pretty sure you would never have approved of it.  You like Bradley, which is good, but you are also blinded by your determination to prove Cherington is incompetent. 

One of the fun things about this site.  The move says almost nothing at all.  He's playing a RH bat v a LHP, and sitting a lefty rookie that's struggling.  This has happened thousands of times before.  As good as Pedroia was, Tito still let Cora take on the tougher righties early in Pedey's career.

It was a no-brainer, but the pro-JBJ will insist otherwise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This thread is very confusing. I cant tell who is saying what, and I am cold and afraid. Wait, what was that noise? Whos there? Softy? Is that you?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

LOL!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Unlike Francoma, Farrell plays the guys that are hot and we're WINNING.

What's wrong with that?  Who cares who plays where and when?? 'Folks" we're winning!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

I've lost the war.  Mission abort.  Mission abort!!!  Oh wait, this other land is not in war yet!  Bingo!  Let's jump over there!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"I'm putting you down as a Dan Nava and Gomes starters in LF guy, for the rest of the season"

Tracking what people say in some kind of spreadsheet is el creepo dude. 

We're having baseball banter, the stakes are even lower than a high school debating squad. This is not a trial proceeding. If it was you'd already be in some kind of confinement...

Speaking of small samples sizes, your specialty, I've seen enough of Bradley for now. Put me back down on the "softyhatesme" list you are keeping of those who think he should be sent down and save the extra year. I promise I won't flip flop on this again...

He thinks everyone has his "all or nothing" mentallity. I thought Nava was the smart, and obvious choice yesterday. Farrell wanted to ride with the hot bat and sit a kid who is obviously struggling to adjust and putting him in against a tough LHP probably wouldnt help things.

How he can turn that into I want Nava and Gomes for the rest of the year is hilarious. When JBJ goes back to AAA (and he should for various reasons) and takes what hes learned here in Boston and work on thoses weaknesses that have been exposed, he will return a better player.

To think this kid was going to have great success right away was foolish thinking. I believe he will be a special player one day. Once he gets a few more AB's in AAA and fixes a few holes he has in his swing. Defensively hes ready IMO, needs little more plate work against advanced pitching.

Sections
Shortcuts