2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: What is Farrell thinking?

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Someone needs to explain the basic tenets of baseball to him.  You never, ever take out a truly great fielding left fielder at Fenway and install some run of the mill phony switch hitter.  Bring back Bobby V.  softlaw is once again proved right--Bradley is easily our best player and Nava doesn't deserve to carry his spikes.

Oh, wait a second. 

Just plain stupid post ! From a run of the mill phony  loser poster.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Someone needs to explain the basic tenets of baseball to him.  You never, ever take out a truly great fielding left fielder at Fenway and install some run of the mill phony switch hitter.  Bring back Bobby V.  softlaw is once again proved right--Bradley is easily our best player and Nava doesn't deserve to carry his spikes.

Oh, wait a second. 

Just plain stupid post ! From a run of the mill phony  loser poster.

As other have already pointed out, I wrote that tongue in check and after Nava hit the game-winning dinger in the bottom of the 7th.  I thought it was so over the top most people would recognize I actually thought using Nava was a smart move by Farrell, who has made a lot of smart moves so far this season.  I've been an active Sox fan since 1949 and am delighted with how things have gone so far this season. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Sox fans are not stupid Nava is not an All-Star, but a perfect kind of Bench guy for this team. Plays multiple Positions, Switch Hitter, Good Eye at plate works Pitchers. Has the attitude you need to fill this role, which is good. Not bad speed, when I saw him in Pawtucket stole 2 bases. Does what it take to win a single game, which is what he'll do and go back to bench. Like me some Nava.

What he said ^^^^

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Who on earth would even consider DFA's ing Carp and optioning Nava back to AAA, when S. Drew and Ortiz return to their proven greatness? Why on earth keep Bradley, Jr., over guys like Carp and Nava? Nava's already had a grand slam in his first AB, and he's topped that with another moment of greatness.

No doubt, Bradley doesn't cut it when it comes to deciding the best 25 players to fill the positions on this roster. He's overmatched, in every way.  

Well....looks like we agree on something.  Like you said....keep the hot players and every game counts!!  Send Bradley down....ditch Carp....I would keep Nava though...he's hot right now and has won us more games than Bradley.  Good post Softy!!  Keep up the good work little guy!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Who on earth would even consider DFA's ing Carp and optioning Nava back to AAA, when S. Drew and Ortiz return to their proven greatness? Why on earth keep Bradley, Jr., over guys like Carp and Nava? Nava's already had a grand slam in his first AB, and he's topped that with another moment of greatness.

No doubt, Bradley doesn't cut it when it comes to deciding the best 25 players to fill the positions on this roster. He's overmatched, in every way.  

if we're starting the best players like you said then Nava should definitely be starting over JBJ..

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

No doubt, Nava is a better player than Bradley. Bradley needs a few weeks or a month or two in the minors to prove he's better than Nava. Nava proved himself with that grand slam and that recent homer in Fenway. Bradley can't do that, now, at least until he goes back to the mionrs and "works on the holes that has him overmatched".

Next year, Nava and Gomes and Ellsbury and Shane will continue to be the best outfield in baseball. Once Bradley fixes his holes, he'll be a great guy to trade.

maybe he can be the centerpiece in a deal that brings a ToR pitcher to Boston. that would solve a lot of our problems

Sections
Shortcuts