What is going on here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

What is going on here?

The Sawx have the best record in the AL...2013 has been a historical turnaround exceeding everyone's expectation.....We should all be excited about the upcoming playoffs....and the farm system looks great and the future is bright.

But almost every tread on this forum is Negative!

Can't we try to enjoy what has been a great season and not let the B-806 and RSF and the few others not spoil it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: What is going on here?

The Fireman is putting up posts like a Madman.  Every single one of them is some form of negative drivel attacking the Red Sox and/or celebrating the A's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Leftfielder, welcome to the BDC.  It really doesn't matter how exciting the times are.  There is always someone (nowadays mostly Softlaw, aka Fireman, and ADG) here pizzing enough on grievances, real or imagined, that the whole board is a cloud of negativity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FREE8. Show FREE8's posts

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

The Sawx have the best record in the AL...2013 has been a historical turnaround exceeding everyone's expectation.....We should all be excited about the upcoming playoffs....and the farm system looks great and the future is bright.

Can't we try to enjoy what has been a great season and not let the B-806 and RSF and the few others not spoil it.

It's a great year for sure....would really like to take home field and start off against the wild card team...playoffs are going to be so intense!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to FREE8's comment:

It's a great year for sure....would really like to take home field and start off against the wild card team...playoffs are going to be so intense!

I think Homefield advantage will be crucial.  But, I am not sure starting off against any of the potential WC teams will be an easier row to hoe than A's or Tigs.  Everyone is scary right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FREE8. Show FREE8's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I think Homefield advantage will be crucial.  But, I am not sure starting off against any of the potential WC teams will be an easier row to hoe than A's or Tigs.  Everyone is scary right now.

Totally, but we do know this....Friday, October 4th in all likelihood we will be hosting game 1 at Fenway park--how great is that!??!? 

That said if we lose game 1 that will be awful LOL...thats the thing...5 game series are so scary, but if I had to choose I'd much rather not face Detroit...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Totally, but we do know this....Friday, October 4th in all likelihood we will be hosting game 1 at Fenway park--how great is that!??!? 

That said if we lose game 1 that will be awful LOL...thats the thing...5 game series are so scary, but if I had to choose I'd much rather not face Detroit...

If someone told me one year ago today (and I am oft ridiculed here for my rampant Sox-optimism) that we would be hosting game 1 of the ALDS in 2013, I would have dismissed this person as grasping for straws.  Nice thought, but barring miracle, not likely to happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I think you could make arguments for or against playing any of the current playoff teams...OAK, DET, TB, Cleveland or even Texas....so I don;t think the Sox sould be concerned as to who they are facing in the ALDS, which unless Detroit makes a huge Run will be starting in Boston, even if Oakland catches us.....but considering the disparity of how the Sox play at home and on the road(not that we are a bad road team), it would be nice to finish with the best record, not to get the WC team, but that a seventh game of the ALCS would be at home.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Just win home field and we'll be the faves.

I'd like to avoid the Tigers then the Rays. I'm not afraid of the A's, if we have home field.

Sox4ever

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

The Fireman is putting up posts like a Madman.  Every single one of them is some form of negative drivel attacking the Red Sox and/or celebrating the A's.

Just worry about how you feel.There are a lot of negative attacks but are you the one to police it.If it really bothers you leave and be worry free.Don't lose sleep over this forum ,not worth it.Whats going on here? Same ole very year , nothing has changed. You must be new or blind to the fact....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Let's say the Red Sox clinch the best record and play the Wild Card winner.  The Red Sox would play the first two games on the road and then the final three at Fenway right?

Last year, the Yankees played the first two games at Baltimore and Oakland played the first two at Detroit.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

and don't forget AM's Yankee manifestos :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Let's say the Red Sox clinch the best record and play the Wild Card winner.  The Red Sox would play the first two games on the road and then the final three at Fenway right?

Last year, the Yankees played the first two games at Baltimore and Oakland played the first two at Detroit.  

No, it's 2-2-1

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

No, it's 2-2-1

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp

Thank you greenwellforpresident!   Laughing

Last year, it was not fair for the team (Oakland and the Yankees) with the better record starting a playoff series on the road.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

yes...samething that if they play against the Tigers if they are the second best team in AL.

It wouldnt matter much.  Sox just need to win the first two games at home, and then they can set the tone for the series!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Welcome to Red Sox Nation..lol. We are a damaged group for sure. Although we always have hope...we are also always waiting for the other shoe to drop. This team is one of the best Sox teams in years...yet it still feels like Christmas every time they win a game. I've been rooting for this team for most of my life and I never take anything for granted.

You are right when you say that virtually every thread on this forum contains at least some angst and gnashing of teeth. I take it all with a grain of salt because I understand the place from which it comes...

On the other hand..it could be as simple as the more they give..the more we want...they made the playoffs and clinched the AL East. While some fans are happy with that..I suspect the number of fans who've now moved the bar up higher will increase over the next weeks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Ah, that's the key....we all can do, but too many will not.

How much attention would one receive here for being a reasonable, supportive, optimistic fan of the Red Sox vs. being an objectionable, faux-contrarian idiot trashing the team, their star players and their management on a daily basis?

• "Look at me!  I hate _________!"
    • "Look at me!  _______ is a pretzel!"
    • "Look at me!  He went 0 for last night at the Playboy Club last night!"
    • "Look at me!  Mexicans!  Gays!  Liberals!"
    • "Look at me!  Chicken and beer!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I'd like to avoid the Tigers then the Rays. I'm not afraid of the A's, if we have home field.

Sox4ever

Was just going to post almost exactly the same.  If the Tigers' starters pull themselves together they are terrifying.  Rays' similar but less.  As?  Worrying only in a he's-on-a-winning-streak-in-Vegas way.  Rangers/Indians?  Pfft, no worries.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

What did I'd do?? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

[/QUOTE]

How much attention would one receive here for being a reasonable, supportive, optimistic fan of the Red Sox vs. being an objectionable, faux-contrarian idiot trashing the team, their star players and their management on a daily basis?

[/QUOTE]

I prefer white wine with my chicken :-)

But...seriously..if there are people here who you feel just say outrageous things just to get attention..then aren't they being rewarded when you give them attention? ( Not YOU personally..but YOU collectively)  So really it's just about rewarding what you feel is bad behavior.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

What did I'd do?? 

Sorry was referring to RedSox Fireman aka Softy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

[/QUOTE]

I prefer white wine with my chicken :-)

But...seriously..if there are people here who you feel just say outrageous things just to get attention..then aren't they being rewarded when you give them attention? ( Not YOU personally..but YOU collectively)  So really it's just about rewarding what you feel is bad behavior.

[/QUOTE]

:-)   

I understand your point and it's a good one.  But I think it's trumped by the need for the Good to challenge the Bad.  

Would be a great topic to debate over a wine-tastic dinner with your mates, each armed with a fistful of darts and a 67SoftyBill dartboard at the end of table.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sox4ever

Was just going to post almost exactly the same.  If the Tigers' starters pull themselves together they are terrifying.  Rays' similar but less.  As?  Worrying only in a he's-on-a-winning-streak-in-Vegas way.  Rangers/Indians?  Pfft, no worries.

That's one of the crazy things about the playoffs. The good news for the sox is that we have one of the better records on the road so even if we don't end up with home field advantage I'm not all that worried. (although I'm pretty confident we will finish with the best record in the majors let alone the a.l.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

What did I'd do?? 

Sorry was referring to RedSox Fireman aka Softy.

I was wondering about that too!

Sections
Shortcuts