What is going on here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: What is going on here?

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

The Sawx have the best record in the AL...2013 has been a historical turnaround exceeding everyone's expectation.....We should all be excited about the upcoming playoffs....and the farm system looks great and the future is bright.

But almost every tread on this forum is Negative!

Can't we try to enjoy what has been a great season and not let the B-806 and RSF and the few others not spoil it.

What did I'd do?? 

Sorry was referring to RedSox Fireman aka Softy.

Haha an unfortunate acronym!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

The Sawx have the best record in the AL...2013 has been a historical turnaround exceeding everyone's expectation.....We should all be excited about the upcoming playoffs....and the farm system looks great and the future is bright.

Can't we try to enjoy what has been a great season and not let the B-806 and RSF and the few others not spoil it.

What did I'd do?? 

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunate, yes.  Acronym, no. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

What did I'd do?? 

Unfortunate, yes.  Acronym, no. 

For redsox fireman it is, he was using rsf as an acronym for it and that us where the confusion came from..... Also in my name its an acronym as well. Red sox fan 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Just win home field and we'll be the faves.

I'd like to avoid the Tigers then the Rays. I'm not afraid of the A's, if we have home field.

Sox4ever

HFA is critical. I hope Farrell plays it that way. If we have to travel to Oakland for a deciding game its going to be very tough to win it. Same with Detroit. I am not afraid of the Rays; we beat them all year like a red haired stepchild. Truth is, in the playoffs there are no easy teams to play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

For the most part the sox have been consistant, no big winning or loosing streaks.  I think that will help them in the post season.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's unfortunate. You could barely tell on this when we won the division. There's always posters who focus on the negative, and they seem to get the most responses. Even though the Sox are where they are, and having the season they are, the threads that kick them around will be far more popular than those celebrating the season. When the Sox win the WS, they will tell you what Farrell did wrong, or what player almost lost the season for us. I haven't been here in a winning season before, but the board sure seems the same as when we are losing -- and losing badly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Anyone know what it's like to see a nephew/niece for the first time in many years... last time you see him/her, a toddler, then now all mature and grown up?

Well, I have not posted here in a while. I got tired of the negativity. It was not like that when I started on these boards in 09.

Here's where the nephew/niece thing comes in... I have been coming here recently to take a peek and find that the boards are not as negative as I remember it to be. I am sure there is still a lot of negativity. It just does not seem as bad. It must be the winning season.

I thought I'd share that PoV.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Anyone know what it's like to see a nephew/niece for the first time in many years... last time you see him/her, a toddler, then now all mature and grown up?

Well, I have not posted here in a while. I got tired of the negativity. It was not like that when I started on these boards in 09.

Here's where the nephew/niece thing comes in... I have been coming here recently to take a peek and find that the boards are not as negative as I remember it to be. I am sure there is still a lot of negativity. It just does not seem as bad. It must be the winning season.

I'm sure a lot of Yankee trolls have left. What's to brag about? They ususally like the team on a more downhill slide. Probably more enjoyable.

Having said that, ADG's five threads a day have stopped. That's saying something.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

The board isn't the problem...it's that the number of threads started daily by the members of legion of doom and those that come to this site merely with the purpose of trying to incite aka the trolls. Add in the occasional yankee troll and you have a recipe for a board dominated with topics where the tittle of the thread and the author's motives lead everyone down a path of discord. That said if you gleen through the trollish threads started by _ _ _ _ it's not hard once you open and read the first sentence to acertain the authors intent You can then choose to reply or move on.

In my ten years or so that I have frequented this site there remains a core of very astute baseball minds that visit this site daily that appreciate a good debate and can do so without the need to digress to childish name calling. Unfortunately we're out numbered 10 to 1 hence the overwhelming number of negative v positive discussions. 

That said, I do agree that the tenor of the board is heavily influenced by the fortunes of the team. When the Sox are playing well the Yankee trolls as rule don't visit as often. Regardless of the teams fortunes we'll always have soft law and his number of alias's to keep it interesting with his lifelong quest to prove that Moon is wrong...

Then there's the ongoing debate about the merits of allowing fans from the evil empire and city's not named Boston to contribute...led by our yankee contigent Jete, NH Stephen, TWM & Pinstripe Zac each of whom drop by often to make sure when we're going good to weigh in from the Yankee camp to remind us that they're still around and to add in a dig or two when things are going south. Each of whom I think are among the better contributors to this forum. Along with our resident mariners fan and the professor of WAR Hill55 Lending his bias opionions to the discusion. then there's the countless number of knowledgable loyalist of what is now referred to as Red Sox Nation Too many to list each of whom add value to this board are why I still log in almost daily in search of a good discussion about a game and team that I love...

In the end after 86 years of wait til next year and despite two championships. Generations of Sox fans were bred with a second city gene complex wired into their DNA. A condition that is easily taken advantage of by the trolls...One that the pied piper of the doom and gloom club Dan Shaunessy parlayed into a best selling book by coining the phrase and writting the book the curse of the bambino. Hence the overwhelming number of the sky is falling we're doomed to collapse threads started daily from the opening of spring training all the way until the inevitable conclusion of the season. 2011 and last year only served to heighten the angst of the members of Shaunessy club...when in fact it was merely due to having a flawed team and not some dubious act of the super natural....

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's an interesting psychological study.  I'd be curious to find out why some people always emphasize the negative instead of the positive.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

If you will allow me, a different angle.  Yes, we should be and are enjoying this amazingly successful season, but consider the opposite.  Suppose the Sox were drifting toward, say, 75 wins, a slight improvement over 2012.  Most of us would simply lose interest.  What's great about now is we are arguing about and trying to figure out how good these guys are.

I for one don't mind some of the negative posters because in my mind they have already lost the basic argument.  Redsoxfireman, for example, refuses to give Ben C an ounce of credit.  Id like to see him dfend that in a moot court.

Besides, no team is perfect, and real Sox fans are known for their bottomless capacity for worrying.  So right now, for example, I'm nervous about the Sox going 1-2 since clinching.  And that leads to the dual concerns about getting the HFA and generally how the Sox will play in their first postseason in several years.  These are, I would argue, legitimate concerns that might involve focusing on specific shortcomings, which are going to sound negative.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

It's an interesting psychological study.  I'd be curious to find out why some people always emphasize the negative instead of the positive.

Negativity is the safest position.  If things go sour like you said they would, you go 'See, I told you!' and heap scorn on the optimists.  And if things turn out well, you just grin and say 'Well, I'm happy to eat crow this time.' 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

You nailed it.

It's a the safest route for those who are afraid to get emotionally invested in a team.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ive been negative because I still dont trust this team. LA did us a HUGE favor last night. They keep saying that HFA is super important, but theyve basically played like crap since NY left town. They may yet hold on, but if they blow HFA, its all over in my opinion. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ive been negative because I still dont trust this team. LA did us a HUGE favor last night. They keep saying that HFA is super important, but theyve basically played like crap since NY left town. They may yet hold on, but if they blow HFA, its all over in my opinion. 

[/QUOTE]

Does that mean if the Sox DO get HFA, they're shoe-ins? Wink

The Sox are tied with Oakland for the best road record in the AL, at 42-35.

I'd like HFA too.

But, I fail to see how not getting it dooms this team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

The board isn't the problem...it's that the number of threads started daily by the members of legion of doom and those that come to this site merely with the purpose of trying to incite aka the trolls. Add in the occasional yankee troll and you have a recipe for a board dominated with topics where the tittle of the thread and the author's motives lead everyone down a path of discord. That said if you gleen through the trollish threads started by _ _ _ _ it's not hard once you open and read the first sentence to acertain the authors intent You can then choose to reply or move on.

In my ten years or so that I have frequented this site there remains a core of very astute baseball minds that visit this site daily that appreciate a good debate and can do so without the need to digress to childish name calling. Unfortunately we're out numbered 10 to 1 hence the overwhelming number of negative v positive discussions. 

That said, I do agree that the tenor of the board is heavily influenced by the fortunes of the team. When the Sox are playing well the Yankee trolls as rule don't visit as often. Regardless of the teams fortunes we'll always have soft law and his number of alias's to keep it interesting with his lifelong quest to prove that Moon is wrong...

Then there's the ongoing debate about the merits of allowing fans from the evil empire and city's not named Boston to contribute...led by our yankee contigent Jete, NH Stephen, TWM & Pinstripe Zac each of whom drop by often to make sure when we're going good to weigh in from the Yankee camp to remind us that they're still around and to add in a dig or two when things are going south. Each of whom I think are among the better contributors to this forum. Along with our resident mariners fan and the professor of WAR Hill55 Lending his bias opionions to the discusion. then there's the countless number of knowledgable loyalist of what is now referred to as Red Sox Nation Too many to list each of whom add value to this board are why I still log in almost daily in search of a good discussion about a game and team that I love...

In the end after 86 years of wait til next year and despite two championships. Generations of Sox fans were bred with a second city gene complex wired into their DNA. A condition that is easily taken advantage of by the trolls...One that the pied piper of the doom and gloom club Dan Shaunessy parlayed into a best selling book by coining the phrase and writting the book the curse of the bambino. Hence the overwhelming number of the sky is falling we're doomed to collapse threads started daily from the opening of spring training all the way until the inevitable conclusion of the season. 2011 and last year only served to heighten the angst of the members of Shaunessy club...when in fact it was merely due to having a flawed team and not some dubious act of the super natural....

thanks Beans......i think Tongue OutWink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd like HFA too.

[/QUOTE]

Its how theyve publically stated that its sometihg theyre going for. To say that to your fan base, then go out, play like crap and have it taken away from you shows you dont have what it takes to win under pressure. PS pressure is much different than anything we've seen so far. Plus, theres the practical thing of playing on the road in deciding games, etc. We saw how that worked out in 2008.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

Ive been negative because I still dont trust this team. LA did us a HUGE favor last night. They keep saying that HFA is super important, but they've basically played like crap since NY left town. They may yet hold on, but if they blow HFA, its all over in my opinion. 

[/QUOTE] yeah, great timing Red Sox YellWink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ive been negative because I still dont trust this team. LA did us a HUGE favor last night. They keep saying that HFA is super important, but they've basically played like crap since NY left town.They may yet hold on, but if they blow HFA, its all over in my opinion. 

[/QUOTE] yeah, great timing Red Sox YellWink

[/QUOTE]

Our pleasure Jete. BTW, stop trying to pay us back by letting TB win! Yell

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

I'd like HFA too.

Of course it doesn't "doom" the team, but it does make the road to a ring a lot tougher. We have played very well at home this year and our record is much better than our road record. All in all, the home field advantage should not be taken lightly. It could make the difference between a visit to the WS and elimination.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Or not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Or not.

Or, more likely, not not

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Sorry, but I need more than "look at 2008", before I get too wound up about it.

Sections
Shortcuts