What is Schillings problem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

What is Schillings problem

With Bobby V. It seems like every chance he gets hes attacking this guy. The season has not even started yet. He is bordering with being obsessed with him and the team doing poorly. 

Dont do it Curt. Dont make me hate you because this is the exact reason I (and most Giants fans) HATE Tiki Barber

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: What is Schillings problem

I agree. it breaks my heart to see curt turn into what he most detested as a player. I can remember when he called into WEEI and blasted them for saying that he and Pedro didn't get along. I can clearly remember his words. "don't be making up stupid stuff about me and pedro".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hey, he's an analyst now. And his opinion is that Valentine isn't the right fit here. He's no longer a member of the organization.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: What is Schillings problem:
    Hey, he's an analyst now. And his opinion is that Valentine isn't the right fit here. He's no longer a member of the organization.
    Posted by LloydDobler

exactly what I'm sayin Lloyd. he 's become what he hated so much as a player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Schilling hasn't changed.  He's always shot his mouth off about everything and anything.  In the past, he railed about talking heads doing it to him, but he's never been camera shy.  He's almost as big a self promoter as Bobby V.

Remeber how he made statements about steroid use to the press?  But when he was in front of Congress, he turned into Sgt. Schultz?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Why be surprised....Schilling's always been a jackasss.  Probably was a jackasss in the womb.   Obstetrician: "Mrs. Schilling...congratulations....it's a jackasss!"
    Posted by bellhorn_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=U3AMuA2A4nw

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Swelled head syndrome.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Ed Wade had this to say about Curt when he was with the Phils. "Every 5th day Curt's our horse. Every other day he's a horse's @ss".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I don't have a problem with Schilling voicing his opinions on all things baseball. Like you and I he's entittled to them. Remember he's a member of the media now and is merely trying to create a personna that will get one of the networks to hire him. He's never been shy to offer his opins and as a memeber of the media he now has a pulpet from which to speak. Trust me he'll continue his current schict as long as it pay's. My guess is that ESPN is encouraging him to be bombastic...they already have enough former players that when asked never offer they're true opins on a player. The NBA has Barkley & Walton niether of whom are shy about offer they're opins. The NFL has...well no one to speak off, Warren Sapp is the closet to a former athlete that isn't Shy about offering opins without pulling punches. In Hockey it's our own Don Cherry who is unrivaled and has no contemporaries that are even close. I'd love to see Schill wear a few Cherry's outfit on ESPN...Now that would be funny...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to What is Schillings problem:
    With Bobby V. It seems like every chance he gets hes attacking this guy. The season has not even started yet. He is bordering with being obsessed with him and the team doing poorly.  Dont do it Curt. Dont make me hate you because this is the exact reason I (and most Giants fans) HATE Tiki Barber
    Posted by RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks

You only hear Schillings side now because BIG MOUTH  Bobby V is acting like Who me!!!....Schilling is free to say what he feels and some sox  players would love to join him but right now are keeping their mouths closed....For now ???? Ithink this is great !!! Go Shill....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: What is Schillings problem":
    I don't have a problem with Schilling voicing his opinions on all things baseball. Like you and I he's entittled to them. Remember he's a member of the media now and is merely trying to create a personna that will get one of the networks to hire him. He's never been shy to offer his opins and as a memeber of the media he now has a pulpet from which to speak. Trust me he'll continue his current schict as long as it pay's. My guess is that ESPN is encouraging him to be bombastic...they already have enough former players that when asked never offer they're true opins on a player. The NBA has Barkley & Walton niether of whom are shy about offer they're opins. The NFL has...well no one to speak off, Warren Sapp is the closet to a former athlete that isn't Shy about offering opins without pulling punches. In Hockey it's our own Don Cherry who is unrivaled and has no contemporaries that are even close. I'd love to see Schill wear a few Cherry's outfit on ESPN...Now that would be funny... Posted by Beantowne
    If ESPN wanted milk, white bread and mayo ( ie vanilla boredom) they already have Francona

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to What is Schillings problem : You only hear Schillings side now because BIG MOUTH  Bobby V is acting like Who me!!!....Schilling is free to say what he feels and some sox  players would love to join him but right now are keeping their mouths closed....For now ???? Ithink this is great !!! Go Shill....
    Posted by donrd4

I agree.

I also think it's funny that the fan base that used to love his blowhard act are now up in arms because it's directed at their team presently.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I like this whole Schilling/Valentine sparring act.  I hope Schill keeps the digs up.  Fun stuff.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I like this whole Schilling/Valentine sparring act.  I hope Schill keeps the digs up.  Fun stuff.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

This may date back to their N.L. days. Not sure if anything came up between the two of them back in the day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: What is Schillings problem : This may date back to their N.L. days. Not sure if anything came up between the two of them back in the day.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Yeah, not sure.  But Mets/Phillies were rough and tumble in those days.  Would imagine that there was bad blood.  And, when you factor in that Francona was managing those Schilling Phils for a stretch, I can understand where and why the line in the sand has been drawn.  I love a good word war between hot heads.  Thus far, Valentine wins by virtue of not taking the bait.  But, I suspect if Schilling keeps loading up the Big Dumb Guns, Bobby is gonna get down and dirty with him.  You can put the zen into the Bobby, but you can;t take out the crazy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Why be surprised....Schilling's always been a jackasss.  Probably was a jackasss in the womb.   Obstetrician: "Mrs. Schilling...congratulations....it's a jackasss!"
    Posted by bellhorn_

ROFLMAO................

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Posted by bellhorn_

Someone added you to Babe and Examiner's Pike list but you sure don't sound like Pike. You sound more like Burrito or Babe, if you know what I mean.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: What is Schillings problem : I agree. I also think it's funny that the fan base that used to love his blowhard act are now up in arms because it's directed at their team presently.
    Posted by TBINFL
    My opinion about Schilling has never changed. Loved him as a pitcher, think pretty much all of his opinions are pulled out of his @ss.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

We'll never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest          

Are entrails eviscerated, how gross to even think about such morbid stuff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

We'll never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest           Are entrails eviscerated, how gross to even think about such morbid stuff.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c
    It's a quote from the French Revolution. Google it, you might learn something.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to What is Schillings problem:
    With Bobby V. It seems like every chance he gets hes attacking this guy. The season has not even started yet. He is bordering with being obsessed with him and the team doing poorly.  Dont do it Curt. Dont make me hate you because this is the exact reason I (and most Giants fans) HATE Tiki Barber
    Posted by RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks

I think that's a little unfair.

I think most non-Giants fans don't care much for Barber either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

In Response to Re: What is Schillings problem : It's a quote from the French Revolution. Google it, you might learn something.
    Posted by carnie

Still morbid regardless. It sounds like something that Jeffrey Dahmer would say and so with a garnish of coctail sauce.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Posted by SpacemanEephus

I think that's about right.  Once upon a time, everything was scripted.  If we need to wing practically everything, you might as well throw a Schilling/Valentine brawl in there as well.

My own perspective is that I'd like verything peaceful, but if things are going to catty and petty, let's just blow the roof off and have some fun.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: What is Schillings problem : I think that's about right.  Once upon a time, everything was scripted.  If we need to wing practically everything, you might as well throw a Schilling/Valentine brawl in there as well. My own perspective is that I'd like verything peaceful, but if things are going to catty and petty, let's just blow the roof off and have some fun.
    Posted by Joebreidey
    Hear hear.

Sections
Shortcuts