What is Stephen Drew's WAR?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Re: What is Stephen Drew's WAR?

In case you were still wondering, Drew's WAR is now 1.6

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In terms of WAR/GS, Drew is 2nd in the AL now.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

You can quarrel with WAR all you want, but Drew certainly won a game for us last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

i still cant figure out how he got a $9.5MM contract?!?!  oh yeah....bora$$

Part of the way the Sox forced a 170mil payroll. Overpaying 3-5mil, per year, on multiple people.

Luckily for ownership, CHerington seems to do a pretty good job filling out a roster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Every free agent was way overpaid this offseason.  Anybody else notice this? Laughing

One more time: BJ Upton got 75 million freakin dollars.  His OBP was .298 last year!

Mind you, .298 is better than .266 - that's BJ's OBP this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'd rather over pay for one year than overpay for 8 years.  The premium you pay is for the short duration of the contract.  A guy like Drew in no way impedes the long term financial decisions of this team.  The team did not have confidence in Iglesias being ready to handle everyday play and Bogaerts was at least a year away.  Knowing that you have two potential studs who will play short but likely a year later causes a hole and a need and I'd rather sign Drew than to have gone out and signed a guy to 5-6 years or gave up prospects for a SS. 

Now in hindsight it looks like Iggy could have played SS this year from the start, but unfortunately no A.L. Gm has figured out how to manage with 20/20 hindsight.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I'd rather over pay for one year than overpay for 8 years.  The premium you pay is for the short duration of the contract.  A guy like Drew in no way impedes the long term financial decisions of this team.  The team did not have confidence in Iglesias being ready to handle everyday play and Bogaerts was at least a year away.  Knowing that you have two potential studs who will play short but likely a year later causes a hole and a need and I'd rather sign Drew than to have gone out and signed a guy to 5-6 years or gave up prospects for a SS. 

Now in hindsight it looks like Iggy could have played SS this year from the start, but unfortunately no A.L. Gm has figured out how to manage with 20/20 hindsight.  

This is all 200% correct.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I thought a tear would mean 5+ games not just one good day. Get back to us when he "tears" and I don't mean the UCL in his elbow.

I said it was a good start...Thanks for the concern though. And I still say he will go on another tear. Its what streaky hitters like Drew, Salty, Naps, Gomes and like players do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

SS WAR/gms Update and WAR per game played and ML ranking...

3.9/73  Tulow  .053  2nd

3.5/48  HRam  .073  1st

3.5/103 Desm  .034  4th

3.1/101 Segura .031  T5th

2.9/98  Peralta .030  7th

2.7/88  ECabr   .031 T 5th

2.4/96  Y Esco  .025  T8th

2.1/99  Simm    .021  11th

1.9/105 JJHard  .018

1.9/97  Crawf   .020  12th

1.8/101 ARam  .018

1.8/72  Gregor  .025  T8th