What is the ideal playoff bracket for the Sox?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

What is the ideal playoff bracket for the Sox?

If Francona is going to prepare this team for the playoffs, the Yanks (it's unconceivable how they are tied with us right now in my mind) could overtake the division lead and capture another ALE crown. In which case we are the WC team.

Without getting into a "Red Sox only go for the WC" convo...post your expected division winners and theoretical brackets that would favor the Sox to win the WS this season.

ALE
    Sox 73-46
    Yanks 73-46
    Rays 64-55

Sox and Yanks have the top two win totals in the AL, one is division champ and the other the WC.

ALC
    Tigers 64-57
    Indians 60-57
    White Sox 60-60

I think the Tigers hang on...best race in the AL.

ALW
    Rangers 70-52
    Angels 65-57

5 game lead-would take a key injury or a big collapse for Angels to catch them. Rangers win.

So...if the Sox win the division they would matchup with the Tigers and likely face Justin Verlander at least 2, maybe 3 times in that series.

Or the Sox win the WC and face Texas with games 1, 2, and 5 in Arlington.

Which scenario/opponent is the best for the Sox?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: What is the ideal playoff bracket for the Sox?

7 games series with Detriot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Ideally we win the division and play the winner of the central division and let the Yanks and Rangers have at one another...In the end it really doesn't matter who we face in the first round, but I'd like games 1 & 2 to be at Fenway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

In Response to Re: What is the ideal playoff bracket for the Sox?:
    [QUOTE]7 games series with Detriot
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

ALDS is only 5 games. But point taken.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I want as many games at home as possible in any series. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the ideal playoff bracket for the Sox? : ALDS is only 5 games. But point taken.
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]

oh yeah....I feel dumb.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Texas has the lineup and above average to almost solid pitching. Tigers have a solid lineup and the best pitcher in the league. Hot pitching can steal a short series and I'd rather face any of Wilson, Ogando, Holland, and Lewis than Verlander multiple times in a series

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ((The--Babe)). Show ((The--Babe))'s posts

In Response to What is the ideal playoff bracket for the Sox?:
    [QUOTE]If Francona is going to prepare this team for the playoffs, the Yanks (it's unconceivable how they are tied with us right now in my mind) could overtake the division lead and capture another ALE crown. In which case we are the WC team. Without getting into a "Red Sox only go for the WC" convo...post your expected division winners and theoretical brackets that would favor the Sox to win the WS this season. ALE Sox 73-46 Yanks 73-46 Rays 64-55 Sox and Yanks have the top two win totals in the AL, one is division champ and the other the WC. ALC Tigers 64-57 Indians 60-57 White Sox 60-60 I think the Tigers hang on...best race in the AL. ALW Rangers 70-52 Angels 65-57 5 game lead-would take a key injury or a big collapse for Angels to catch them. Rangers win. So...if the Sox win the division they would matchup with the Tigers and likely face Justin Verlander at least 2, maybe 3 times in that series. Or the Sox win the WC and face Texas with games 1, 2, and 5 in Arlington. Which scenario/opponent is the best for the Sox?

Why does someone from Green Bay care about the sawx possible playoff scenarios?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What is the ideal playoff bracket for the Sox? : Why does someone from Green Bay care about the sawx possible playoff scenarios?
    Posted by ((The--Babe))[/QUOTE]

I do not live in Green Bay.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I may be in the minority,but I really don't care what path they have to take.I feel like if the Sox are the best team in the AL,they'll win whatever playoff games they have to in order to take the individual series.If they can't do that,they probably don't deserve to be the AL champs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ((The--Babe)). Show ((The--Babe))'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the ideal playoff bracket for the Sox? : I do not live in Green Bay.

Oh....Green Bay is Title Town, so I figured you were from Green Bay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Green Bay is only title town to cheese heads. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from -----The--Babe-----. Show -----The--Babe-----'s posts

[QUOTE]Green Bay is only title town to cheese heads. 

Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

I guess google is all cheese heads?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the ideal playoff bracket for the Sox? : Oh....Green Bay is Title Town, so I figured you were from Green Bay.
    Posted by ((The--Babe))[/QUOTE]

Maybe formerly, but Boston has taken that nickname to a new level. Green Bay has one professional team, Boston has four championship caliber teams and 3 SB, 2 WS, 1 NBA Champ, and a Stanley Cup to boot. Time to update your dictionary...

More to come as well :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The best road for the Sox is for them to play the ALC winner in Round 1 and then facing the Yanks in the 2nd round.

But I think it would be a better series if the Sox played Texas for the ALCS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the ideal playoff bracket for the Sox? : I guess google is all cheese heads?
    Posted by -----The--Babe-----[/QUOTE]

Not Google, Gouda.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from -----The--Babe-----. Show -----The--Babe-----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the ideal playoff bracket for the Sox? : Maybe formerly, but Boston has taken that nickname to a new level. Green Bay has one professional team, Boston has four championship caliber teams and 3 SB, 2 WS, 1 NBA Champ, and a Stanley Cup to boot. Time to update your dictionary... More to come as well :)

Tell that to google and wikipedia.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Google is just a search engine, we could probably search you out with key word  "troll"

And Wiki is a community run site, hardly a legit source for anything. 

BTW, wasn't Babe a pig in a movie?   That is what Google says ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from -----The--Babe-----. Show -----The--Babe-----'s posts

[QUOTE]Google is just a search engine, we could probably search you out with key word  "troll" And Wiki is a community run site, hardly a legit source for anything.  BTW, wasn't Babe a pig in a movie?   That is what Google says ....

LOL...excuses are like....well...you know the rest.

NYC has more championships than any other city, but you don't see me proclaiming NYC to be Title Town. Green Bay was the city that got that nickname. It's like the idiots who refer to ladainian tomlinson as LT, when we all know there's only one LT.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from -)TheBabe(-. Show -)TheBabe(-'s posts

[QUOTE]Google is just a search engine, we could probably search you out with key word  "troll" And Wiki is a community run site, hardly a legit source for anything.  BTW, wasn't Babe a pig in a movie?   That is what Google says ....

LOL...google is just a search engine...

Like it or not, Green Bay has had the moniker "Title Town" for quite some time.

It's like the idiots who call ladainian "LT" when we all know there's only one "LT"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE] BTW, wasn't Babe a pig in a movie?   That is what Google says ....

I wish I'd said that!   Laughing

(with all respect to Bill)