What is the Red Sox worst-case scenario?Felix Hernandez in a Yankees uniform!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRGL27Rings. Show FRGL27Rings's posts

What is the Red Sox worst-case scenario?Felix Hernandez in a Yankees uniform!

Good evening to my good friends in Red Sox: On the front burner.
    Imagine it's Sunday, July 31st,it's past the trading deadline, and my Yankees are in 1st place. You hear the news that Brian Cashman just acquired Felix Hernandez.
    Sabathia/Hernandez would be a formidable one-two punch.
    And Brian will be calling Seattle’s GM Jack Zduriencik before the trading deadline about trading the American League’s best pitcher.

My Yankees will be willing to open the vault of prospects to the Mariners, and that includes Jesus Montero, Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances, among others.

And the reason for us Yankees fans to be optimistic that Cashman can make this deal is the following:

The Mariners’ continue to slide into oblivion in the AL West. They are tied for the worst record in baseball, along with the league’s worst run differential. Not only do the Mariners project to another 90-loss season, but their fans are just as plugged in to the pessimism.

Attendance at Safeco Field is down 23.1 percent from last year, the second-steepest drop in the majors. The secondary question is whether the Mariners can afford to keep Hernandez when his salary spikes to $18.5 million, $19.5 million and $20 million from 2012-2014.

GM Zduriencik is fighting a hopeless battle against time – no one envisions the Mariners getting to the World Series before the King’s contract expires in 2014. The addition of four to five top-rated prospects, however, likely would accelerate the Mariners’ renaissance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: What is the Red Sox worst-case scenario?

If that's our worst-case scenario, I feel pretty comfortable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

lol @ the OP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Why wouldn't the Mariners be able to afford Hernandez?  They have some pretty hefty contracts coming off the books.  Milton Bradley's $13.3 million is off the books at the end of the year.  Plus the additional money they are still paying Carlos Silva ($5.5 million) and Jack Wilson's contract ($5 million).  Then Ichiro's $18 million the year after.  They may resign Ichiro, but not at that number. 

Source: cot's contracts

Then there is the other question.  How is trading King Felix going to improve attendance?  Most fans here say no to the trade.  There was a poll on ESPN-Seattle a couple of weeks ago.  And then if they do trade Felix for prospects, and some work out, they are going to have to go out and pay for a #1 starter, at the same salary that they would be paying Felix, and he wouldn't be as good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

In Response to Re: What is the Red Sox worst-case scenario?:
    [QUOTE]Why wouldn't the Mariners be able to afford Hernandez?  They have some pretty hefty contracts coming off the books.  Milton Bradley's $13.3 million is off the books at the end of the year.  Plus the additional money they are still paying Carlos Silva ($5.5 million) and Jack Wilson's contract ($5 million).  Then Ichiro's $18 million the year after.  They may resign Ichiro, but not at that number.  Source: cot's contracts Then there is the other question.  How is trading King Felix going to improve attendance?  Most fans here say no to the trade.  There was a poll on ESPN-Seattle a couple of weeks ago.  And then if they do trade Felix for prospects, and some work out, they are going to have to go out and pay for a #1 starter, at the same salary that they would be paying Felix, and he wouldn't be as good.
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]

because yankee fans say so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FRGL27Rings. Show FRGL27Rings's posts

Re: What is the Red Sox worst-case scenario?Felix Hernandez in a Yankees uniform!

My Yankees will win the World Series without Hernandez but with him will make it that much easier.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: What is the Red Sox worst-case scenario?Felix Hernandez in a Yankees uniform!

In Response to Re: What is the Red Sox worst-case scenario?Felix Hernandez in a Yankees uniform!:
    [QUOTE]My Yankees will win the World Series without Hernandez but with him will make it that much easier.
    Posted by FRGL27Rings[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't know about that.  The Rangers and Red Sox both clearly have better teams.  You gotta have more than one pitcher and I'm not so sure the Mariners will even think about trading him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Re: What is the Red Sox worst-case scenario?Felix Hernandez in a Yankees uniform!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the Red Sox worst-case scenario?Felix Hernandez in a Yankees uniform! : Yeah I don't know about that.  The Rangers and Red Sox both clearly have better teams.  You gotta have more than one pitcher and I'm not so sure the Mariners will even think about trading him.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Its not so clear SPC.  The Mariners may not trade him though you may be right about that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The Sox right now can beat the Yanks WITH CC and the King..that doesnt worry me in the least.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox right now can beat the Yanks WITH CC and the King..that doesnt worry me in the least.
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Easy lefty.....no team is clearly leaps and bounds better than the other.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Yeah, because Yankee prospects are worth soo much, right? This is downright laughable, but please... don't let me stop you. I can't help but chuckle everytime I hear this mentioned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Yankees can have Felix. H.  

I just hope the Yankees do not do as bad as the Knicks.  lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the Red Sox worst-case scenario?Felix Hernandez in a Yankees uniform! : Easy lefty.....no team is clearly leaps and bounds better than the other.

Not saying they are. Just saying I feel confident in what they have already, that the yanks adding King doesnt scare me. As a long time Red Sox/baseball fan, you never count out the yankees.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Felix H. can end up with another team.

Remember when the majority of people assumed that Cliff Lee would sign with the Yankees?  

And most people assumed that Crawford would sign with the Angels.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

If getting Hernandez cost the Yankees Cano, as a Red Sox fan I would be all for that trade personally.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Not me. Then the Yankees could get a 2B that could actually turn the double-play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Not me. Then the Yankees could get a 2B that could actually turn the double-play. ----emp9

-------------------------------------------------------------------

There are MLB teams that will pay plenty for an astute talent evaluator like yourself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

BRAINFREEZE

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]Not me. Then the Yankees could get a 2B that could actually turn the double-play. ----emp9 ------------------------------------------------------------------- There are MLB teams that will pay plenty for an astute talent evaluator like yourself.
    Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]

I think your right. Thank you. You must be equally observant.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Not me. Then the Yankees could get a 2B that could actually turn the double-play.
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]

That was a dumb statement.  I can only hope that the Yanks end up having to trade Cano. He is very good offensively and defensively.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Robinson Cano is an awesome player.  

The Yankees better resign him.  Scott Boras is his agent so I'm sure Boras will start the bidding at 8-years, $170 million.  lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Cano's only signed through 2013, and at not much less than Felix.  He is a great player, but not a great trade piece. The only way the Yankees get Felix is if they take Figgins, too.  Even then, I don't think their over-hyped "prospects" get it done.  The Yankees could empty the farm system and the Braves could still double their offer.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

You know more than the scouts? Or are your rose colored glasses getting in the way?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the Red Sox worst-case scenario?Felix Hernandez in a Yankees uniform! : I think your right. Thank you. You must be equally observant.
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]

I just saw 2010 GG-er Cano muff a play. They should cut him.