What is your 2012 Projected lineup/starters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: What is your 2012 Projected lineup/starters?

In Response to Re: What is your 2012 Projected lineup/starters?:
    1ST OF ALL, PAP IS DEFINITELY COMING BACK FOR TWO MORE YEARS AS OUR CLOSER THANKS TO BARD'S RECENT BREAKDOWN.  I ALMOST GUARANTEE WE'LL SEE ORTIZ IN THE LINEUP ALSO FOR TWO MORE YEARS.  THAT BEING SAID WE WON'T HAVE SO MUCH PAYROLL SPACE TO GO OUT AND BRING A SUPER STAR NEXT SEASON.  (PAPS - 15M OR MORE/ YR, PAPI - 13-15M/ YR) 30M RIGHT THERE.  1. LEADOFF - JACOBY ELLSBURY IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE AND HE'S NOT GOING TO GET TRADED UNLESS IT'S ELLS TO KEMP STRAIGHT UP TRADE KINDS.  ELLS IS YOUNG, SHOWN IMPROVEMENT IN POWER DEPARTMENT, KEEPS HITTING ABOVE .300, STEALING BASES, AWESOME DEFENSE, 100 RBIS OUT OF LEADOFF SPOT.... DOES ANYONE STILL WANT TO TRADE HIM??????? HE'S LEADING OFF NEXT YEAR. 2. DUSTIN PEDROIA - NOT MUCH TO SAY ABOUT HIM.  HE'S GOING TO RETIRE AS A SOX PLAYER AND WE ARE GOING TO RETIRE HIS NUMBER.  MVP CANDIDATE EVERY YEAR. ALWAYS HARD WORKING.  I PERSONALLY THINK PEDDY IS THE BEST 2B IN THE MAJOR. 3. ADRIAN GONZALEZ - ANOTHER MVP CANDIDATE. LITTLE POWER LOSS BUT I EXPECT HIM TO HIT MORE THAN 35 HRS NEXT YEAR.  4. KEVIN YOUKILILS - HE NEEDS TO DH TIME TO TIME.  I EXPECT HIM DHING AGAINST LEFTIES AND JED PLAYING HOT CORNER. 5. DAVID ORTIZ - HE'S COMING BACK FOR TWO MORE YEARS.  REDUCED TIME AGAINST LEFTIES BUT NOT SIGNIFICANTLY.  IF HE STRUGGLES THROUGH FIRST HALF, DON'T BE SURPRIZE IF HE GETS TRADED RIGHT AWAY. 6. CARL CRAWFORD - HE HAD AN UNUSUAL DOWNTURN THIS YEAR.  MAYBE PRESURE FROM THAT HUGE CONTRACT HE JUST SIGNED, HIS SPOT IN THE LINEUP, OR ADJUSTED BATTING STANCE AFFECTED A LITTLE.  HE SHOULD REBOUND NEXT YEAR AND EARN HIS REPUTATION BACK. 7. JARROD SALTALAMACCHIA - GOOD YEAR FOR SALTY.  IMPROVEMENT IN BOTH OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVELY.  I LOVE HIS SWING. 8. JOSH REDDICK - HE MIGHT GET ANOTHER SHOT BEFORE RYAN KALISH GETS CALLED UP SINCE HE SPENT MOST OF TIME IN DL THIS YEAR. 9. JED LOWRIE/ MARCO SCUTARO - SHARING TIME AT SS, IGGY STILL NOT READY.  IGGY NEEDS TO IMPROVE HIS OFFENSE QUICKLY IF HE WANTS TO PLAY IN THE MAJOR. EXPECT TO SEE SAME LINEUP ON THE OPENING DAY.  I DONT SEE SOX GO OUT AND BRING ANOTHER ABOVE AVERAGE BAT WITH LITTLE PAYROLL SPACE THEY HAVE. BENCH RYAN LAVARNWAY MARCO SCUTARO CONOR JACKSON MIKE AVILES POSSIBLE CALL-UPS JOSE IGLESIAS RYAN KALISH PITCHING ROTATION 1. JOSH BECKETT 2. JON LESTER 3. CLAY BUCHOLZ 4. JOHN LACKEY 5. DAISUKE MATSUZAKA 6. MANY POSSIBLE SUITORS PITCHERS SOX WOULD MOST LIKELY PURSUE: CC SABATHIA - HE JUST WANTS TO RAISE HIS SALARY FROM THE YANKEES CJ WILSON - DONT SEE HIM COMING TO SOX MARK BUEHRLE RICH HARDEN - HAS BEST CHANCE TO LAND HIROKI KURODA ROY OSWALT PAUL MAHOLM BULLPEN: ALFREDO ACEVES FRANKLIN MORALES ANDREW MILLER JUAN CRUZ DANIEL BARD JONATHAN PAPELBON
    Posted by seannybboi

The real lineup will not feature nearly as many caps....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It was good to see Bard show some emotion tonight. I don't judge on one game sample sizes, but that Bard has nasty stuff... closer stuff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

do you resign TEK for 1 more year or give Lavarnway a shot and do you resign Wake again....my bet is they will give him a shot at the Franchise win record, even if it comes as a spot starter and long man.

No, you do not sign Varitek. You sign Hernandez as a FA to a one year 3 to 4M deal. He is a career top notch defensive catcher, elite arm and accurate and soft hands and agile behind plate, who is competent as a catcher spot hitter.

Catcher depth chart for 2012:

Hernandez /Salty
    Lavarnway starts year in AAA but should get summer time work

No way should they offer Wakefield anything but a minor league contract. The 200 win ceremonial was a regular season retrarding debacle, and Wakefield has no business in team record book. His ERA is over 5 for 2.5 seasons. It should be an embarrassment that the farm system development could be so poor as to not provide enough depth to pull the plug on washed up Wakefield.

Rotation depth chart for 2012 should be:

1 Beckett
    2 Lester
    3 Buch

4 & 6 Bedard and/or Harden to one year deals 1.5 to 2.75 base each and go with 6 man rotation to start season until first starter goes down. Bedard and/or Harden are good for about 70 to 80 innings of quality starter innings. Start season with Miller and Aceves in Pen.

As I warned with Lackey, stay away from Wilson giant contract, overrated big time.

5 Lackey (no way to get this bust out of rotation this early in contract)

6 or 7 Aceves (spot starter)
    7 or 8 Miller
    8 or 9 Weiland or Doubrant
    10 DiceK (off DL toward end of season)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How's this for a blockbuster if Papi walks?

Trade:
    Lackey: 12:$15.25M, 13:$15.25M, 14:$15.25M
    Matsusaka: 12:$10M
    Jenks: 12:$6M
    Lowrie: 12: $0.45M (+ 3 more arb years)
    Middlebrooks, Kalsih & Renaudo -or- Middlebrooks, Reddick and Doubront
    2012: $32M
    2013: $16M
    2014: $16+M
    The Mets save huge money and get some prospects. (Perhaps they'd tale Crawford if we pay some.)

For:
    J. Santana:  12:$24M, 13:$25.5M, 14:$25M club option ($5.5M buyout)
    Jason Bay: 12:$16M, 13:$16M, 14:$17M club option ($3M buyout)
    David Wright: 12:$15M,13:$16M club option ($1M buyout)
    Total: 
    2012: $55M
    2013: $57.5M (assuming Wright option)
    2014: probably $8.5M in buyouts. 
    Total Cost: $121M

C: Salty, VTek & Lav
    DH: Youk (Lav)
    1B: AGon (Youk)
    2B: Pedey (Aviles)
    3B: Wright (Youk)
    SS: Scutty, Aviles, Iglesias
    LF: Crawford, DMac
    CF: Ellsbury (Reddick)
    RF: Bay & Reddick

I don't want Bay, but would take him as a salary dump to get Santana and Wright.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Salty has a higher SP than Reddick.
    So, if you think 16 HR and 53 RBI is good enough to be your full time RF, or even 70% vs. right handed pitching?
    Doesn't it bother you that he has 13 whole RBI since the break, and flat out gags with men on and a .714 OPS? How about .182 with 2 outs and RISP? .222 with bases loaded? .250 with men in scoring position?? No?
    Hey, but he does tear it up at .308 with nobody on base!
    Guess my standards are different. Corner OFs are supposed to be middle of the order guys. Bautista and Granderson have nearly more HRs than the entire Sox starting OF!
    With a declining Youk, where's the right handed power coming from?
    Not from anyone on this team, unless Lavarnway DHs if Papi leaves.
    Hopefully it will be in the form of a trade and not a free agent. Theo is the kiss of death on FA signings.
    That he tried to get Justin Upton during the winter, offers some hope that he realizes the need for that type of player in RF. Upton won't be available, but there are others who could fit the bill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

With a declining Youk, where's the right handed power coming from?
    Not from anyone on this team, unless Lavarnway DHs if Papi leaves.
    Hopefully it will be in the form of a trade and not a free agent. Theo is the kiss of death on FA signings.
    That he tried to get Justin Upton during the winter, offers some hope that he realizes the need for that type of player in RF

one of the few who gets it. Dodgers and Red Sox match up well. Dodgers are in bankruptcy and Kemp wont accept less than Yankee FA market money to play beyond next year. Dodgers will be a rebuilding situation for next few years. Kemp fits perfectly in long term Red Sox OF and does it all, most importantly a compliment to Crawford, Reddick and Kalish. Pretty easy deal to get done before Yankees end up with Kemp. Kemp steals, slugs and will field and throw well from corners. Dodgers will do the deal for 2 arbitration years of lower cost Ellsbury and 1 top tier prospect and 1 2nd tier prospect. Either sell Ellsbury multi-year arbitration this winter or prepare for a drop-off from career year and pay 12 to 14M to carry a left-footed outfield to Ellsbury FA where Crawford is already locked on books for 20M a year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

New handle, but s.o.s.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

No new handle. I take it that you prefer OF status quo, long term. You must not be aware that Theo most surely attempted to trade for J. Upton with the full intent not to pay for Ellsbury post FA years. When trade attempts for a RH slugging OFer failed over trade player price, Epstein made the incompetent decision to offer the best remaining FA OF out there. Unfortunately, one of those offers was to Crawford. Epstein already made the decision for the Red Sox to part ways with Ellsbury past FA. The only decision now is whether to try and recover tremendous loss value in Crawford contract by hoping for Ellsbury career year repeat and return to career averages for Crawford, which will cost 12 to 14M over 2 years and does nothing to address the current OF construction flaw (2011 post season team results are not a validation of 2011 OF construction). 

Slomag gets it.   Most are pipe dreaming about an Ellsbury extension and some platoon reject RHOF, or simply riding the left footed OF out for the next two years. Given the windfall of Ellsbury 2011, for Epstein not recognize it and sell it in light of Crawford contract is nothing short of repeating the same incompetent mistake that lead to the Crawford contract in the first place.

Crawford could have a big post season, but it won't change the failure to produce and provide production value on both sides of the ball in 2011. It would indicate a return to better form in 2012, which still doesn nothing to address the OF construction flaw in the first place. 

If GM's were sued for errors and omissions, Theo would be uninsurable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

No new handle. I take it that you prefer OF status quo, long term. You must not be aware that Theo most surely attempted to trade for J. Upton with the full intent not to pay for Ellsbury post FA years. When trade attempts for a RH slugging OFer failed over trade player price, Epstein made the incompetent decision to offer the best remaining FA OF out there. Unfortunately, one of those offers was to Crawford. Epstein already made the decision for the Red Sox to part ways with Ellsbury past FA. The only decision now is whether to try and recover tremendous loss value in Crawford contract by hoping for Ellsbury career year repeat and return to career averages for Crawford, which will cost 12 to 14M over 2 years and does nothing to address the current OF construction flaw (2011 post season team results are not a validation of 2011 OF construction).  Slomag gets it.   Most are pipe dreaming about an Ellsbury extension and some platoon reject RHOF, or simply riding the left footed OF out for the next two years. Given the windfall of Ellsbury 2011, for Epstein not recognize it and sell it in light of Crawford contract is nothing short of repeating the same incompetent mistake that lead to the Crawford contract in the first place.   Crawford could have a big post season, but it won't change the failure to produce and provide production value on both sides of the ball in 2011. It would indicate a return to better form in 2012, which still doesn nothing to address the OF construction flaw in the first place.  If GM's were sued for errors and omissions, Theo would be uninsurable.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul

Would you say the same for Drew in 2007?

As for Jake, you wanted Theo to "sell high" on Ells years ago. Now Jake has enormous value. UR market judgement was quite inferior to Theo's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

False. I said to sell Ellsbury 2011. No one could be more idiotic than Epstein on Crawford market judgment. Your OF for 2012 and 2013 is Crawford, Ellsbury and Reddick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

I see pretty much the same lineup next year. We're stuck for a for year or two with some contracts. I do see a new GM and Manager. Followed by some interesting mid-season trades and a bunch of designated for assignment. 

I see a new philosophy emerging from the farm up. I see "sell-out" crowd streak disappearing, and a decade of Tampa-Rays style of play. 

Good by Theo and Tito, it's been real    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Just a hunch. Theo will set a fair price. Someone else will beat it. Paps walks. We get the picks and use the money to get 2 set up guys behind Bard.
    Posted by moonslav59

You really think they trust Bard right now? Even if they do who sets him up? I think Bard preformance and Papelbon's show why you need to re-sign Paps.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I see pretty much the same lineup next year. We're stuck for a for year or two with some contracts. I do see a new GM and Manager. Followed by some interesting mid-season trades and a bunch of designated for assignment.  I see a new philosophy emerging from the farm up. I see "sell-out" crowd streak disappearing, and a decade of Tampa-Rays style of play.  Good by Theo and Tito, it's been real    
    Posted by proftom

Where did you come up with this? They have fairly good line up now, that needs help in a few spots, they have one the best 1-4 in baseball.  A decent enough RFer which could be the easily improved, short seems like an area of concern but they have two WS with this problem. Catcher does not seem like problem any more. Youk is a concern but he is done after next year. Why would that justify throwing the baby out with the bath water.
    Secondly how is there any different philosophy starting in the minors, also if there is a new philosophy and Epstein is reigning over that philosophy why he be forced out by said philosophy?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

When did you ever seen the team remain the same under the Henry regime?
    Even when the won the WS, there were changes.
    If they go out in the first round, you'll see MAJOR changes.

Sections
Shortcuts