What is your Christmas List of Free Agent Signings For the Boston Red Sox and/or New York Foxes before the 2013 Season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

What is your Christmas List of Free Agent Signings For the Boston Red Sox and/or New York Foxes before the 2013 Season?

Okay...I have annoyingly predicted the Foxes will sign Josh Hamilton, against the usual MLB pundit stream...Assuming Pettitte is signing, could Greinke also come to the Bronx??? I doubt it but it actually might be more likely than a Josh H. arrival...If I were the Red Sox, I would definitely go after these two (Josh and Zach) immediately...I think the Red Sox might sign one of the Uptons....That also seems like a definite possibility....One way or the other, I hope both the Red Sox and Yanks are BOTH competitive next year.....And I pray the Jays somehow manage to underperform....But yikes, they have some team now, assuming Buehrle, Josh Johnson, and Reyes stay off the DL......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: What is your Christmas List of Free Agent Signings For the Boston Red Sox and/or New York Foxes before the 2013 Season?

I have been playing musical FA players to come to Boston:

(1) Send Ellsbury to KC for Hosmer

(2) Sign Bourn to play CF

(3) My first choice for LF is to trade for Justin Upton his contract is 9.75 for 2013,14.25 for 2014, and 14.5 for 2015 but what will it cost for this trade to occur.

Bourn and Upton combined for over 200 runs last season.

(4) Berkman to a one year deal to back up Hosmer and pinch hit

(5) Stephen Drew to back up Isglesias and pinch hitter

(6) Marcum for the 3rd spot rotation

Depth Chart

1B Hosmer Berkman and Sands

2B Ped and Ciriaco

SS Isglesias and Drew

3B Middlebrooks and Ciriaco

LF Upton and Gomes

CF Bourn and Sweeney

RF/OF Sands Sweeney Nava

C Ross Salty and Lavarnway

Starters Lester Bucholtz Marcum Doubront Lackey

Affeldt for closing with Bailey

Batting line up

Bourn , Ped , Upton, Papi, Middlebrooks, Hosmer, Ross, Isglesias and Sweeney with pinch hitters Berkman Gomes and Drew

The Upton perception could change things if the Sox do not get him If the Sox could afford Hamilton in the OF instead of Upton would put a power hitter in the cleanup spot with papi following. The only weakness with this is two left handed batters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Re: What is your Christmas List of Free Agent Signings For the Boston Red Sox and/or New York Foxes before the 2013 Season?

The Yankees already made a nice move by signing Kuroda to a one-year deal (he took less money and years to stay with the Yankees).

I think Pettite will sign a one-year deal with the Yankees too.  

As for Toronto, if they are healthy, then they going to be a tough team to beat.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Mike Napoli

Anibal Sanchez or Marcum

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

boborielly: Affeldt already re-signed with the Giants - 3 years for 18 million - wow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

My list

• Marcum
    • McCarthy
    • Anderson (via trade)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

(3) My first choice for LF is to trade for Justin Upton his contract is 9.75 for 2013,14.25 for 2014, and 14.5 for 2015 but what will it cost for this trade to occur.

Depth Chart

2B Ped and Ciriaco

SS Isglesias and Drew

LF Upton and Gomes

CF Bourn and Sweeney

RF/OF Sands Sweeney Nava

Batting line up

Bourn , Ped , Upton, Papi, Middlebrooks, Hosmer, Ross, Isglesias and Sweeney with pinch hitters Berkman Gomes and Drew

The Upton perception could change things if the Sox do not get him If the Sox could afford Hamilton in the OF instead of Upton would put a power hitter in the cleanup spot with papi following. The only weakness with this is two left handed batters.

[/QUOTE]

Nice job bobo, and why not?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mike Napoli

Anibal Sanchez or Marcum

[/QUOTE]

Napoli and Sanchez to the Red Sox are both realistic Christmas presents...Nice job, Halifax...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I haven't seen Hosmer play much but I'm not quite getting the excitement about him.  He showed serious regression in his second year with a horrible 232/304/359 line, and also had a minus rating on defence, which resulted in a negative 1.1 WAR rating from FanGraphs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Salty and Iglesias for A. Cabrera and Masterson

Then sign:  Haren (or Sanchez), Napoli, and Hamilton. 

Lineup:  Ells, Pedey, Hamilton, Napoli, Ortiz, Middlebrooks, Gomes/Kalish, Cabrera, Ross/Lava

(Next year swap Bradley for Ells, and in 2015 Brentz for Gomes and Bogaerts for Cabrera.)

Starters:  Haren, Lester, Buchholz, Lackey, Doubront, Masterson (swing-man)  (Webster or Barnes in reserve)

Bullpen:  De La Rosa, Tazawa, Bailey, Miller, Hill, Atchison, Morales (Bard and Mortenson in reserve)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

What is the infatuation with Masterson?? I certainly don't want him being the answer for the rotation and the Sox bullpen doesn't need him especially if the retain Aceves and Morales. Has he become the new Hanley Ramirez on the Red Sox fans wish lists??

Second comment to boboreilly...why in the world would Stephen Drew sign in Boston to be the back up SS?? Makes no sense!

Lastly, why would KC or anybody else trade for Ellsbury right now when then can acquire Bourn or Upton for just cash?? Plus, forget KC trading for Ellsbury he is already making too much money for them and he hasn't even gotten to free agency yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Salty and Iglesias for A. Cabrera and Masterson

Then sign:  Haren (or Sanchez), Napoli, and Hamilton. 

Lineup:  Ells, Pedey, Hamilton, Napoli, Ortiz, Middlebrooks, Gomes/Kalish, Cabrera, Ross/Lava

(Next year swap Bradley for Ells, and in 2015 Brentz for Gomes and Bogaerts for Cabrera.)

Starters:  Haren, Lester, Buchholz, Lackey, Doubront, Masterson (swing-man)  (Webster or Barnes in reserve)

Bullpen:  De La Rosa, Tazawa, Bailey, Miller, Hill, Atchison, Morales (Bard and Mortenson in reserve)

[/QUOTE]

Sensible post, par.....You never know...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is the infatuation with Masterson?? I certainly don't want him being the answer for the rotation and the Sox bullpen doesn't need him especially if the retain Aceves and Morales. Has he become the new Hanley Ramirez on the Red Sox fans wish lists??

Second comment to boboreilly...why in the world would Stephen Drew sign in Boston to be the back up SS?? Makes no sense!

Lastly, why would KC or anybody else trade for Ellsbury right now when then can acquire Bourn or Upton for just cash?? Plus, forget KC trading for Ellsbury he is already making too much money for them and he hasn't even gotten to free agency yet.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure why Masterson is not worth a try?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I liked Masterson as a reliever.  As a starter he just hasn't been that good.  Left-handed hitters kill him - a .799 OPS against him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe because he's just not that good. If Cleveland wants to give him away, then let's give him a shot but I wouldn't consider giving any top tier prospect for him...

...if we're going to trade with Cleveland then let's do it right...Doubront, Salty, Iglesias, Melancon and Breslow, for Santana, Cabrera & even Masterson.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

papi -done'

ross, cody....

grienke....

napoli (if there is $$$ left over)

this off season isnt rocket science

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

papi -done'

ross, cody....

grienke....

napoli (if there is $$$ left over)

this off season isnt rocket science

[/QUOTE]

Still think Greinke is a realistic option?  Good one...Maybe he'll arrive in Boston on a sleigh being pulled by 8 flying reindeer.  That's actually more realistic than him pitching in a Sox uniform next year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I love seeing blockbuster deals because it shocks all of us.

Boston dumping $250 million in contracts to the Dodgers and the Marlins sending their all-stars to the Blue Jays.

I want to see another blockbuster deal this off-season.  

Tazawa, Lester, and Ciriaco for Trout.  j/k   LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I can't see the Royals trading away five years of Eric Hosmer, a 23-year-old project with a high ceiling, for one year of Jacoby Ellsbury, a centerfielder who has played only 250 games the last three years, who posted a .271/.313/.370/.682 line last season and who becomes a free agent at age 30 following the 2013 season with Scott Boras as his agent.

Last season Kansas City centerfielder Lorenzo Cain, who will earn the league mininum in 2013, posted a higher WAR in 61 games than Ellsbury posted in 74 games. The Royals' other centerfielder, Jarrod Dyson, also posted a higher WAR than Ellsbury, although Dyson played 120 games.

The Royals are probably more than one dependable player away from contention. One year of a less dependable player does not make much sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Depth Chart

2B Ped and Ciriaco

SS Isglesias and Drew

LF Upton and Gomes

CF Bourn and Sweeney

RF/OF Sands Sweeney Nava

Batting line up

[/QUOTE]

Nice job bobo, and why not?

[/QUOTE]

Affeldt is off the book apparentlty signed with the giants but need a closer to work with bailey. just too much info. going on, hard to keep track who is signed. If the Sox want to spend then why not go full out. Or just be lay back and build a bridge for next season. Personally I do not want disrupt the starting rotation with farrell and company to reevaluate the pitching.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

She wanted my FA christmas list and that to much of a large list for me. My Christmas list would be Laroche, Hamilton, Lohse, Greinke, Bourn,Berkman, Napoli, Grilli, Broxton all on 1 year deals.

1B laroche and berkman

2B Ped and ceriaco

SS Drew abd isglesias

3B middlebrooks and ceriaco

LF Hamilton and gomes

CF Bourn amd sweeney

RF Ellsbury abd sands

C napoli and Ross

One hell of xmas gift

lineup

Bourn CF

Ells RF

2B Ped

LF Hamilton

C Napoli 

1B laroche

DH papi

SS Drew

3B Middlebrooks

Pitching line Lohse Greinke Lester Bucholtz Lackey Doubront

Pen Broxton tazawa bailey atchison acevez grilli morales bard good start in the pen

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I will be SHOCKED and DISAPPOINTED if Aceves is back in a Sox uni in any capacity, hence my love of Masterson as a swing man. 

btw, two seasons ago Masterson was better than pretty much every starter on the Sox staff:  12-10, 3.21 ERA and 1.28 WHIP with 216.  The Sox could use a guy like that at #4 slot in their rotation.  They haven't had that kind of production out of the 4th slot since their WS years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

marcum...sanchez...hosmer...hamilton but want him for a small contract

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Okay...I have annoyingly predicted the Foxes will sign Josh Hamilton, against the usual MLB pundit stream...Assuming Pettitte is signing, could Greinke also come to the Bronx??? I doubt it but it actually might be more likely than a Josh H. arrival...If I were the Red Sox, I would definitely go after these two (Josh and Zach) immediately...I think the Red Sox might sign one of the Uptons....That also seems like a definite possibility....One way or the other, I hope both the Red Sox and Yanks are BOTH competitive next year.....And I pray the Jays somehow manage to underperform....But yikes, they have some team now, assuming Buehrle, Josh Johnson, and Reyes stay off the DL......

[/QUOTE]
    My Christmas wish is not to sign any. of the free agents Just things you want to return after  Christmas.... Nothing worth lots of wasted money

Sections
Shortcuts