What is your Christmas List of Free Agent Signings For the Boston Red Sox and/or New York Foxes before the 2013 Season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Re: What is your Christmas List of Free Agent Signings For the Boston Red Sox and/or New York Foxes before the 2013 Season?

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love seeing blockbuster deals because it shocks all of us.

Boston dumping $250 million in contracts to the Dodgers and the Marlins sending their all-stars to the Blue Jays.

I want to see another blockbuster deal this off-season.  

Tazawa, Lester, and Ciriaco for Trout.  j/k   LOL

[/QUOTE]

I saw the LOL ice-cream...But would Trout come to Boston, and what would bring him here??/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: What is your Christmas List of Free Agent Signings For the Boston Red Sox and/or New York Foxes before the 2013 Season?

napoli

hamilton

swisher

two of these 3 would be fine...pitching is next...but 2 of these guys in our lineup would be nice,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is the infatuation with Masterson?? I certainly don't want him being the answer for the rotation and the Sox bullpen doesn't need him especially if the retain Aceves and Morales. Has he become the new Hanley Ramirez on the Red Sox fans wish lists??

Second comment to boboreilly...why in the world would Stephen Drew sign in Boston to be the back up SS?? Makes no sense!

Lastly, why would KC or anybody else trade for Ellsbury right now when then can acquire Bourn or Upton for just cash?? Plus, forget KC trading for Ellsbury he is already making too much money for them and he hasn't even gotten to free agency yet.

[/QUOTE]

She wanted my FA christmas list and that to much of a large list for me. My Christmas list would be Laroche, Hamilton, Lohse, Greinke, Bourn,Berkman, Napoli, Grilli, Broxton all on 1 year deals.

1B laroche and berkman

2B Ped and ceriaco

SS Drew abd isglesias

3B middlebrooks and ceriaco

LF Hamilton and gomes

CF Bourn amd sweeney

RF Ellsbury abd sands

C napoli and Ross

One hell of xmas gift

lineup

Bourn CF

Ells RF

2B Ped

LF Hamilton

C Napoli 

1B laroche

DH papi

SS Drew

3B Middlebrooks

Pitching line Lohse Greinke Lester Bucholtz Lackey Doubront

Pen Broxton tazawa bailey atchison acevez grilli morales bard good start in the pen

[/QUOTE]

Hope I am not being dense....But you would go after Greinke, bobo?...And who are your fallback pitcher FA's for the Red Sox?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

But what about purchases, trotter?  There must be somebody on your wish list, softy...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Trade for J Upton, B Anderson, and K Morales.

Sign McCarthy or Marcum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Nice and to the point, moon...As always, tres realistic.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will be SHOCKED and DISAPPOINTED if Aceves is back in a Sox uni in any capacity, hence my love of Masterson as a swing man. 

btw, two seasons ago Masterson was better than pretty much every starter on the Sox staff:  12-10, 3.21 ERA and 1.28 WHIP with 216.  The Sox could use a guy like that at #4 slot in their rotation.  They haven't had that kind of production out of the 4th slot since their WS years.

[/QUOTE]

LHH still hit over .290 against him that year. He just is not dependable against them. Never has been. Hed be great out of the pen though.

as far as my wishes...

Ill take my chances with marcum

I like swishers OBP and versatility with OF and 1b

Napoli for some more power from the right side.

I like our internal options for bullpen, so I dont see spending big there. Maybe the usual ST invites and small signings.

If we could make a trade for Brett Anderson, Id do that instead of marcum

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toooomuch. Show Toooomuch's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Okay...I have annoyingly predicted the Foxes will sign Josh Hamilton, against the usual MLB pundit stream...Assuming Pettitte is signing, could Greinke also come to the Bronx??? I doubt it but it actually might be more likely than a Josh H. arrival...If I were the Red Sox, I would definitely go after these two (Josh and Zach) immediately...I think the Red Sox might sign one of the Uptons....That also seems like a definite possibility....One way or the other, I hope both the Red Sox and Yanks are BOTH competitive next year.....And I pray the Jays somehow manage to underperform....But yikes, they have some team now, assuming Buehrle, Josh Johnson, and Reyes stay off the DL......

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toooomuch. Show Toooomuch's posts

Xmas list:

1- Big Josh Hambone 5 yrs

2- Jacoby for life!

3-Ryan Dempster for 2 yrs of solid 2nd or 3rd starter.

4- Eric Chavez 1st base ...Yanks will need him and he could come fairly cheap with good returns.

5- Jonathon Broxton as added depth for late innings in the pen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Eric Chavez 1st base ...Yanks will need him and he could come fairly cheap with good returns.

Someone I haven't thought of for 1B. Not a bad idea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eric Chavez 1st base ...Yanks will need him and he could come fairly cheap with good returns.

[/QUOTE]

Signing Eric Chavez to play 1st base "isn't a bad idea?"  He's 35 years old, he hasn't played a full season in 7 years, he's played a total of 15 games at 1st base in his entire career and his back issues are now part of baseball lore.  I know you don't think much of the Sox' chances for the 2013 season, but I'm pretty sure they can and will come up with a better solution for 1st base than Eric Chavez.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Signing Eric Chavez to play 1st base "isn't a bad idea?"  He's 35 years old, he hasn't played a full season in 7 years, he's played a total of 15 games at 1st base in his entire career and his back issues are now part of baseball lore.  I know you don't think much of the Sox' chances for the 2013 season, but I'm pretty sure they can and will come up with a better solution for 1st base than Eric Chavez.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, they can do better than Chavez, but at what cost?

It's not always the best idea to try and get this year's best FAs at positions we need help. I'm not so sure any of these guys (Naps, Swish, or LaRoche) will be much help after 2013, but their contracts will prevent us from spending elsewhere.

Chavez is not my first choice. 

I happen to think we may see Bogaerts or Cecchini at 1B by 2014 or 2015, or if they don't seem to be a fit there, we can do better finding a 1Bman in July or  next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not always the best idea to try and get this year's best FAs at positions we need help. I'm not so sure any of these guys (Naps, Swish, or LaRoche) will be much help after 2013, but their contracts will prevent us from spending elsewhere.

I happen to think we may see Bogaerts or Cecchini at 1B by 2014 or 2015, or if they don't seem to be a fit there, we can do better finding a 1Bman in July or  next season.

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Napoli, Swisher and LaRoche all won't fold up like a tent after next season, but for some reason if they all did, Cecchini is a 21 year old 3rd baseman in A ball who just finished a season in which he hit 4 home runs.  I'm guessing he won't ready to be an everyday "1st baseman" in Boston in 2014.  Boegarts may get moved at some point, but it won't be to 1st base.  Third base is a a long shot with the outfield more realistic if he struggles at shortstop this year, which isn't "likely."  The Sox don't have a first baseman knocking on the door anytime soon, so expect to see a Napoli/Swisher type there for a few years. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Napoli, Swisher and LaRoche all won't fold up like a tent after next season, but for some reason if they all did, Cecchini is a 21 year old 3rd baseman in A ball who just finished a season in which he hit 4 home runs.  I'm guessing he won't ready to be an everyday "1st baseman" in Boston in 2014.  Boegarts may get moved at some point, but it won't be to 1st base.  Third base is a a long shot with the outfield more realistic if he struggles at shortstop this year, which isn't "likely."  The Sox don't have a first baseman knocking on the door anytime soon, so expect to see a Napoli/Swisher type there for a few years. 

[/QUOTE]

The Sox will sign Napoli, Id put $$ on it. He'll be the 1b for the foreseeable future.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Sox will sign Napoli, Id put $$ on it. He'll be the 1b for the foreseeable future.

[/QUOTE]

I definitely wouldn't bet against it.  It makes sense on a lot of different levels.  I think they plan on giving Iglesias every opportunity to sink or swim, so they are going to try to sacrifice defense for offense elsewhere.  Ellsbury, Pedroia, Iglesias and Ross are very strong defensively up the middle, which is one way to go.  How much Ross plays remains to be seen, but he could end up playing more than most think. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I definitely wouldn't bet against it.  It makes sense on a lot of different levels.  I think they plan on giving Iglesias every opportunity to sink or swim, so they are going to try to sacrifice defense for offense elsewhere.  Ellsbury, Pedroia, Iglesias and Ross are very strong defensively up the middle, which is one way to go.  How much Ross plays remains to be seen, but he could end up playing more than most think. 

[/QUOTE]

I believe BC said he wont be a starter, but will get more playing time than a back up. I say Salty will be the other catcher and Lav will be back in AAA for another year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe BC said he wont be a starter, but will get more playing time than a back up. I say Salty will be the other catcher and Lav will be back in AAA for another year.

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what Ben said, and you're scenario is probably most likely, although they are definitely "shopping" Salty, but they won't give him away.  My thought is that Ross may end up playing more than people expect him to because he earns it.  Just a guess though. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what Ben said, and you're scenario is probably most likely, although they are definitely "shopping" Salty, but they won't give him away.  My thought is that Ross may end up playing more than people expect him to because he earns it.  Just a guess though. 

[/QUOTE]

Also, Salty looked really good the first 90 games or so, then hit a wall. Maybe a more even balance will keep them both fresh all season without any stamina issues. It was the most Salty has caught in his career in one season...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Also, Salty looked really good the first 90 games or so, then hit a wall. Maybe a more even balance will keep them both fresh all season without any stamina issues. It was the most Salty has caught in his career in one season...

[/QUOTE]

Actually, where is is most important: fielding and handling the pitching staff, Salty did better later in the year than in the beginning.

I do agree that stamina is still an issue, especially on offense, but the dip was not as bad as many believed it was (.737 to .697).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

McCarthy and Sanchez.

Bourn and Berkman.

Napoli and Sizemore.

Sections
Shortcuts