What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous'

Something I noticed when I was playing:  Games always seem longer when you're losing. 

-just sayin'  :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous'

Would you rather a 4  hour RS / NYY game or a 2.5 hr Det / Cleveland game..
    However Teix is right they are way too long and how much money he makes has NOTHING to do with his comments.

Last night both Nomar and Curt said you need a day off after a RS/NY series they just wear you down and are long games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous':
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous' : Danny, I don't think it's the same thing. Money doesn't make a player a better player or make them something they're not. If a player produces but it's not up to a level we feel is equal to the salary, then so be it. If they're working hard, that's all I ask. If they just aren't any good -- hey, it is what it is. I'll rip a player for not producing, but I don't rip a player because I feel he should hit 20 points higher with 20 more RBIs simply because he's making x-amoung of dollars. My statement is more general and it's not even focused on big-money players. It's about working conditions. It even applies the minimum-salaried players. Major League players are paid great money, yet he's making it sound like being on the field an extra hour or so is akin to working in unsafe coal mines of the 19th century. It's two very different things. In general, he's right about games being too long. Like I posted, I don't mind long games, but I don't like slow-working pitchers and batters who keep stepping out. However, he's not some poor coal-miner working in a company town getting paid next-to-nothing. So don't throw around words like brutal. If had simply said that some of these games are too long but acknowledge the intensity of the games and how the lineups are strong so that is the reason pitchers nibble and why they might take time between pitchers to concentrate and acknowlege that hitters step out so they can be more focused -- or soemthing like this -- then I'd have no problem. I don't know, maybe I'm putting too much focus on the word brutal. There's nothing wrong with saying he likes the pace of NL games better, but the way he worded his entire response, he comes across as a spoiled whiner.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Well played, Mauer, well played...no, you make good points.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cain-Reaction. Show Cain-Reaction's posts

In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous':
    [QUOTE]the Yankees announcers were complaining last night also.......and blaming Beckett for it................have they watched Jeter or A-rod go through all that Nomar-type batting routines before actually stepping into the box?? hypocrites
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

Beckett does often take 40 seconds between pitches though, it would be nice if Josh did speed it up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Serves me right for defending a Tank-ee...To hell with all of them except for those that were also Sox--Luis Tiant, Wade Boggs, Roger Steroids, Rick Cerone, Mike Stanley (*clubhouse leader*), Johnny Damon, Elston Howard, Alfredo MVPceves, Babe Ruth, Sparky Lyle, and Danny Cater

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Don't forget George Scott.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I have three comments in response to Teixeira: 1)  He is right. 2) The unhappier he is, the happier I am. 3) Asking the Sox/Yankees to speed up their games is like asking a foursome to speed up their play; they can only do that if they can magically change how they play the game.  Most foursomes are slow because the players stink and take so many long walks followed by way too many (and uncounted) strokes to get the ball onto the green.  The Sox and Yanks have long games because both teams are purposely stacked with guys who intentionally take pitchers deep into counts and approach each at bat like they are in the world series already.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

Wow. I did not know where you were going with the "foursomes" comment. And I used to organize golfing events. lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous' : [QUOTE]Must be tough to be bored and get paid all that money.  Tex does have the right to complain.  But he is a huge puss just the same for doing it.   Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE ] where did he imply he was bored soxmeister  where ? and as real BB fans I think we should be some what concern about the length of the games I don't think it helps atract new / young fans RSN says complain I say answers a question honestly jeez it's not like he busted into the mgrs press conference crying about it and to those who keep bringing up money or their  jobs how bout you save it until he says he's needs more $$ to do it until now your posts haves no merit
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Interesting that alot of comments were worse than this one, but I've seen Soxmeister make some comments that have appeared he doesn't necessarily worship the Yankees. Zac clearly knows his targets.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

As for the article, LOL. Good stuff. What a crybaby. Poor multi-millionaire Teixeira who gets paid to play a kid's game can't get his beauty sleep. Poor baby. :(

He sounds like the kind of guy that's eventually going to hire someone to stand next to him on the field with an umbrella every time it rains. lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]4. Any player making millions to play a game should shut the he!! up. I see does this go for every time they are asked a question or just when the answer might not be popular why knock a guy 4 being honest

because he makes 22.5 mil a year to play a game..Theres NOTHING to complain about..especially complaining about a 4 hr game 18 of 162 games...
    I agree some games are longer than others, but to make that kind of money and complain cause you have to work an extra hour?? come on....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous' : because he makes 22.5 mil a year to play a game..Theres NOTHING to complain about..especially complaining about a 4 hr game 18 of 162 games... I agree some games are longer than others, but to make that kind of money and complain cause you have to work an extra hour?? come on....
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

my bad

I missed the part where he complained about working an extra hr

maybe you can help me with that

how many kids and middle of the road fans enjoy 4hr gms ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

I dvr the game and give it at least a 1.5 hr headstart. I fast foward thru all the meetings at the mound, pitching changes and commercials. Sometimes with a 1.5 hr headstart I catch up to the game and that sucks. Last night I caught up to the game at the 6th inning and the last few innings were brutal in real time. Good thing football and hockey are just around the corner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

These games have become so slow and tedious they are hard to watch.  Both teams are guilty.  After every pitch, several of the batters get out and day dream and adjust their jocks, some of the pitchers stare at home plate so long you wonder if they are seeing it for the first time.

Too tedious for me, speed it up somehow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous' : my bad I missed the part where he complained about working an extra hr maybe you can help me with that how many kids and middle of the road fans enjoy 4hr gms ?

The words brutal and ridiculous dont make it sound like hes complaining? Sounds like its just killing him to play a 4 hr game..poor baby..Brutal? really? maybe a bad choice of words, but he said it..I wonder if he wouldnt be whining so much if his team had more than 4 wins against the Sox this year..just a thought..I dont know about the middle of the road fans or the "pink hats", but I dont mind a 4hr Sox/yanks game at all, and More fans than not that i know of do too..There ya go..no need to thank me for the help.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Tex is right.  The Red Sox slow the game down to the point it is unwatchable.  Beckett takes upwards of 28-30 seconds to throw a pitch.  You watch, there is a method to his madness and by drawing full attention to it, moving forward he will take Beckett out of his stall game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I havent heard one bit of blame go to the umpire for squeezing the zone so a ton of pitches have to be thrown right down the middle resulting in long AB's and lots of hits..If a ball was touching the black on the outside of the plate last night it was called a ball..terrible..
    Oh, and just shut up Tex and play the game..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous':
    [QUOTE]by Michael Hurley/NESN: Forget about playing for one of the most historic franchises in sports history. Forget about playing in front of fans in the biggest city in America. Forget about playing in ballparks across the country filled with fans of your team. Forget about being a part of one of the greatest rivalries in sports. Mark Teixeira www.nytimes.com/2011/09/01/sports/baseball/four-hours-even-players-take-notice.html?_r=1&ref=sports " target="_blank" /> just wants to get home in time for the 11 p.m. news. "It's brutal. I can't stand playing a nine-inning game in four hours," the Yankees' first baseman told The New York Times' Tyler Kepner . "It's not baseball. I don't even know how to describe it. If I was a fan, why would I want to come watch people sitting around and talking back and forth, going to the mound, 2-0 sliders in the dirt? Four-hour games can't be fun for a fan, either." The painful struggle of Teixeira is enough for him to yearn for his brief time spent in the National League. "I love baseball, but I also love the National League," Teixeira told the Times. "If it was a three-hour game [in the NL], you were like, 'Man, this game is long.' Crisp games, pitchers throw strikes, go after hitters. These four-hour games are ridiculous." Ridiculous? OK, we can talk ridiculous. Ridiculous is getting paid $22.5 million to do anything , let alone play a game. Even more ridiculous is hitting .249 while getting paid $22.5 million to play baseball. Ridiculous is standing at first base for a while and taking an at-bat once an hour and calling it "brutal." Ridiculous is trying to cop out by taking the "it must be hard for the fans" route. Ridiculous, really, is to say anything other than "I appreciate the opportunity I have to play baseball for a living." To complain about a day of work lasting an extra hour every so often is ludicrous in any field, but especially among pro athletes. For anyone in the world who actually works for a living, it's hard not to be offended by Teixeira's complaints. However you feel about Teixeira's comments, though, you have to give him this: The man is doing his part to speed the games up. He went 0-for-4 on Tuesday night and followed it up with an 0-for-3 on Wednesday, and he's now hitting .125 with 16 strikeouts against the Red Sox this season. And hey, Mark, things are looking up! Wednesday's game took just just 3 hours and 16 minutes! Sure, your team lost, but at least you didn't have to go through that brutal, awful, painful extra 44 minutes.
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

i agree. tex is a tool.
    and i only wish him the worst.
    however, there is something more ridiculous than paying someone 22 million dollars/year to play baseball; paying someone 21 million who isn't playing baseball. when is theo going to answer for jd crawford?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

Teixeira you my boy and all but when its the Yanks vs redsox its chess not checkers and chess takes a while.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It's obnoxious. "Sox in 2" is the only way to watch a Sox/NYY game. I miss the "Breakfast with the Sox" where they showed the last pitch of every hitter and rifled through the game in fifteen minutes. That was plenty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous' : The words brutal and ridiculous dont make it sound like hes complaining? Sounds like its just killing him to play a 4 hr game..poor baby..Brutal? really? maybe a bad choice of words, but he said it..I wonder if he wouldnt be whining so much if his team had more than 4 wins against the Sox this year..just a thought..I dont know about the middle of the road fans or the "pink hats", but I dont mind a 4hr Sox/yanks game at all, and More fans than not that i know of do too..There ya go..no need to thank me for the help.
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

There ya go..no need to thank me for the help.

my bad for not being clear 777

I was looking 4 help on finding out where teix was complaing about

working another hr

The words brutal and ridiculous dont make it sound like hes complaining?

OK you might be right there

A long game ends on a sour note for the Red Sox

(6) Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff September 2, 2011 01:21 AM
    By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

It seems impossible that a 4-2 game can last four hours and 21 minutes. Or feature 381 pitches. It's almost like the Red Sox and Yankees play a different sort of baseball when they're on the same field, one where every pitch is its own little drama.

“It’s kind of ridiculous,” Dustin Pedroia said.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Calm down idiots, Every is allowed an opinion.  And 4 hour games, or 4 hour and 21 minute games, are ridiculous. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous' : There ya go..no need to thank me for the help. my bad for not being clear 777 I was looking 4 help on finding out where teix was complaing about working another hr The words brutal and ridiculous dont make it sound like hes complaining? OK you might be right there A long game ends on a sour note for the Red Sox (6) Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff September 2, 2011 01:21 AM By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff It seems impossible that a 4-2 game can last four hours and 21 minutes. Or feature 381 pitches. It's almost like the Red Sox and Yankees play a different sort of baseball when they're on the same field, one where every pitch is its own little drama. “It’s kind of ridiculous,” Dustin Pedroia said. “It’s kind of ridiculous,” Dustin Pedroia said. “It’s kind of ridiculous,” Dustin Pedroia said. “It’s kind of ridiculous,” Dustin Pedroia said.
    What does he mean ridiculouse???? What is so ridiculous? What a bad choice of words by Pedroia!!! Im outraged!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

1. Batter can not leave batters box
       2. Intentional walk batter takes base , no pitches thrown.
       3. Cather goes to the mound , it counts as a visit.

Many of these minor moves could speed up a game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I get tired of watching ALL hitters walk a 360 around home plate every time they swing and miss. You swing and miss, your feet don't leave the box, stay put and get ready for the next pitch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

damit..... how do you unignore a person.....i accidentally ignored gerome or whatever his name is..........stupid computer

Sections
Shortcuts