What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous'

Where would Zac be without haiku and google?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous'

In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous':
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous' : What does he mean ridiculouse???? What is so ridiculous? What a bad choice of words by Pedroia!!! Im outraged!
    Posted by mikeyintheboogiedown[/QUOTE]

after reading this thread

one can only conclude

that nobody cares how bored he is and pedroia should

shut up and stop complaining about not getting paid enough

to work the extra hr

(6) Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff September 2, 2011 01:21 AM
    By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

It seems impossible that a 4-2 game can last four hours and 21 minutes. Or feature 381 pitches. It's almost like the Red Sox and Yankees play a different sort of baseball when they're on the same field, one where every pitch is its own little drama.

“It’s kind of ridiculous,” Dustin Pedroia said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Zac,

I wish this whole issue would simply go away...there's a reason why the games take as long as they do and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. What's the hurry anyways. I can't even listen to the broadcast anymore because it's and endless drone of negetivity...

If they want to speed up the games, just have the umpire call it by the book and if the pitcher exceeds the 12 second rule call a balk and never allow hitters to call time once the pitcher toes the rubber and make it clear to every hitter that once the at bats begins they're to stay in the box and get ready to hit!

Here's a little simple math...9 innings with 17 side changes by rule should take not more than 2 minutes per for a total of 34 minutes. Last night both teams threw a total of 381 pitches, which by rule that should've taken no more than 1 1/2 hours (381 * 12 / 60 /60 ) without accounting for time between plays, pitching changes etc.

that's total of a tad over 2 hours....

So where did the other 2 hours go?

Prey tell someone please find the answer because Jim Kaat, Bob Costas, Bobby Valentine, Mark Texiera, Dustin Pedrioa and Joe West have better things to do then spend four hours playing a baseball game! Geez it's brutal! Just for some perspective boys...my newphews is now serving his third tour in the gulf...what he wouldn't do to have the privilage of playing baseball for four hours...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

greetings BT

Just for some perspective boys...my newphews is now serving his third tour in the gulf...what he wouldn't do to have the privilage of playing baseball for four hours

sorry buddy

I just don't get that, or all the others talking about how much money one makes

theses are just people talking about their feelings honestly

I don't understand hammering a guy for that

like I said it's not like he barged into girardis press conference whining

about it

I wish this whole issue would simply go away.

I understand but after seeing pedrioas quote this morning

surely you know me good enough that I couldn't

resist the pay back even if I wanted to

personally it's no big deal to me

but as a BB fan the games taking to long concern me

when it comes to getting new fans and keeping the

lesser fans interested

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous':
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous' : after reading this thread one can only conclude that nobody cares how bored he is and pedroia should   shut up and stop complaining about not getting paid enough to work the extra hr (6) Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff September 2, 2011 01:21 AM By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff It seems impossible that a 4-2 game can last four hours and 21 minutes. Or feature 381 pitches. It's almost like the Red Sox and Yankees play a different sort of baseball when they're on the same field, one where every pitch is its own little drama. “It’s kind of ridiculous,” Dustin Pedroia said. “It’s kind of ridiculous,” Dustin Pedroia said. “It’s kind of ridiculous,” Dustin Pedroia said. “It’s kind of ridiculous,” Dustin Pedroia said.
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Don't you worry Zac the critique of Pedroia's comments will be coming shortly. There are no double standards on the board, this board is the most obejective place on earth....in regard to comments from players and strike zones etc....most of these posters call things just as they see them and are not blinded by their devotion to their team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]greetings BT Just for some perspective boys...my newphews is now serving his third tour in the gulf...what he wouldn't do to have the privilage of playing baseball for four hours sorry buddy I just don't get that, or all the others talking about how much money one makes theses are just people talking about their feelings honestly I don't understand hammering a guy for that like I said it's not like he barged into girardis press conference whining about it I wish this whole issue would simply go away. I understand but after seeing pedrioas quote this morning surely you know me good enough that I couldn't   resist the pay back even if I wanted to personally it's no big deal to me but as a BB fan the games taking to long concern me when it comes to getting new fans and keeping the lesser fans interested

Zac

fire away and have as much fun with this as you'd like...

I'm not a fan of berating a topic to death...which it appears that all involved seem to be comfortable with...When I sit to watch a rare nationally televised game between the Sox and whomever they're playing...I don't want to be continously bombarded by the broadcaster about how long the game is taking and how it's somehow less compelling. Nor do I begrudge the players from answering questions and referring to it a brutal when asked...My point is MLB network is owed by MLB baseball and if they truly want to speed up the game then it's as easy as strike 1...Have the umpires called the zone thats in the rule book, keep the hitters in the box, Texiera and Pedrioa included and let me enjoy watching the game already...

I'm done with this topic it's making my blood boil....Marketing 101 don't call attention to what wrong with your buisness...fix it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Don't you worry Zac the critique of Pedroia's comments will be coming shortly

I know U  R right mikey ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Lets see, I pay $100 for A ticket, game last 2 hours, cost me $50 an hour, Game last 3 hours, cost me $33.33 an hour, last 4 hours cost me $25 an hour, I will take the $25 an hour ticket please.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wgorman7. Show wgorman7's posts

Beckett taking an average of 23.1 seconds between pitches is ridiculous.MLB rules call for the ball to be delivered in 12 seconds. Enforce it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Lets see, I pay $100 for A ticket, game last 2 hours, cost me $50 an hour, Game last 3 hours, cost me $33.33 an hour, last 4 hours cost me $25 an hour, I will take the $25 an hour ticket please.
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]
    I judge my marathon entry fees in the same fashion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous' : I judge my marathon entry fees in the same fashion.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir, please send me your check. Hell I love an eight hour 20 inning game!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett taking an average of 23.1 seconds between pitches is ridiculous.MLB rules call for the ball to be delivered in 12 seconds. Enforce it!
    Posted by wgorman7[/QUOTE]

Can you show me what rule this is please?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I am more concerned about the width and the height of the game.  Also, the barometric pressure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from B-4-B. Show B-4-B's posts

People that PAY insane prices to get into the ballpark can complain all they want about a 4-hour game.

People that GET PAID an insane salary to play in 4-hour games DON'T get to complain about it.

Teixeira is turning into A-Rod Light.

My advice for him is to suckitup butter-cup, dry your eyes, pull up your skirt, shut up and play the game you're PAID handsomely to play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

I tell him to swing away!

-Daf.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous' : I judge my marathon entry fees in the same fashion.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

I judge my golf score the same way. Why pay $40 bucks a round -- or whatever -- to hit the small white ball just 70 times. I want to get my money's worth and hit the ball 100 times. I'm not going to cheat myself.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

enough with tex.  his wife was probably the one doing the complaining.  he belongs in NY.  fits right in with a-roid and cervelli.  real mature bunch...  can't figure out how jeter puts up with the garbage.  got to give him credit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]People that PAY insane prices to get into the ballpark can complain all they want about a 4-hour game. People that GET PAID an insane salary to play in 4-hour games DON'T get to complain about it. Teixeira is turning into A-Rod Light. My advice for him is to suckitup butter-cup, dry your eyes, pull up your skirt, shut up and play the game you're PAID handsomely to play.
    Posted by B-4-B[/QUOTE]

Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff September 2, 2011 01:21 AM
    By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

It seems impossible that a 4-2 game can last four hours and 21 minutes. Or feature 381 pitches. It's almost like the Red Sox and Yankees play a different sort of baseball when they're on the same field, one where every pitch is its own little drama.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous' : Can you show me what rule this is please?
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

greetings promise4you

I have never heard of it being enforced but there is a rule

When the bases are unoccupied, the pitcher shall deliver the ball to the batter within 12 seconds after he receives the ball. Each time the pitcher delays the game by violating this rule, the umpire shall call Ball. The 12-second timing starts when the pitcher is in possession of the ball and the batter is in the box, alert to the pitcher. The timing stops when the pitcher releases the ball.
    The intent of this rule is to avoid unnecessary delays. The umpire shall insist that the catcher return the ball promptly to the pitcher, and that the pitcher take his position on the rubber promptly. Obvious delay by the pitcher should instantly be penalized by the umpire

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/pitcher_8.jsp

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]greetings BT Just for some perspective boys...my newphews is now serving his third tour in the gulf...what he wouldn't do to have the privilage of playing baseball for four hours sorry buddy I just don't get that, or all the others talking about how much money one makes theses are just people talking about their feelings honestly I don't understand hammering a guy for that like I said it's not like he barged into girardis press conference whining about it I wish this whole issue would simply go away. I understand but after seeing pedrioas quote this morning surely you know me good enough that I couldn't   resist the pay back even if I wanted to personally it's no big deal to me but as a BB fan the games taking to long concern me when it comes to getting new fans and keeping the lesser fans interested

How old are you? Payback for a fan posting on their own team's board? If this post doesn't show your pals here that you refuse to understand this is a Red Sox forum for Red Sox fans to post their opinions on, I don't know what will.

Saying something about the Yankees on a Red Sox board, and you, as a Yankee fan, saying something about the Red Sox on a Red Sox board are two different things -- as are your abusive pics of the Sox and their fans here. This is not a dual board. We don't deserve "pay back" from rival team's fans that want to control what is said on another team's board because they have no lives. On any other Sox board what you do here would be considered "trolling". Find a Yankee board and maybe there will be Sox fans there you can boss around. But I doubt it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Don't you worry Zac the critique of Pedroia's comments will be coming shortly I know U  R right mikey ;-)

Just like you two "objective" Yankee trolls who had no comment about the Mariano/Lowrie at bat. Care to give your comments on that?

Go police a Yankee board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]People that PAY insane prices to get into the ballpark can complain all they want about a 4-hour game. People that GET PAID an insane salary to play in 4-hour games DON'T get to complain about it. Teixeira is turning into A-Rod Light. My advice for him is to suckitup butter-cup, dry your eyes, pull up your skirt, shut up and play the game you're PAID handsomely to play.
    Posted by B-4-B[/QUOTE]

LOL

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your response to Mark: Teixeira Complains That Long Red Sox-Yankees Games Are 'Brutal' and 'Ridiculous' : greetings promise4you I have never heard of it being enforced but there is a rule 8.04 When the bases are unoccupied, the pitcher shall deliver the ball to the batter within 12 seconds after he receives the ball. Each time the pitcher delays the game by violating this rule, the umpire shall call Ball. The 12-second timing starts when the pitcher is in possession of the ball and the batter is in the box, alert to the pitcher. The timing stops when the pitcher releases the ball. The intent of this rule is to avoid unnecessary delays. The umpire shall insist that the catcher return the ball promptly to the pitcher, and that the pitcher take his position on the rubber promptly. Obvious delay by the pitcher should instantly be penalized by the umpire . http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/official_rules/pitcher_8.jsp

Thanks Zac, now here's the crazy part, lets say It's a yankee's pitcher (for arguments sake) and Peddy is up at bat, The pitcher gets the ball, Peddy steps out, plays with his gloves for 9 seconds, ask's for time to get in and settled in the box 7 seconds, this now leaves a minus time for the pitcher to throw the ball. Maybe its time top penalize the batters who delay the game. Then again, I love long games, cuts down on the overall hourly price I pay.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

I agree with Texeira. That game last night was agonizing. If I saw another 3-2 count with five foul balls---AAARGH! Does anyone else remember when a baseball game lasted 2 1/2 hours?