What is your rotation for a best of seven?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

What is your rotation for a best of seven?

Peavy 1,5

Lackey 2,6

Lester 3,7

Clay or Felix 4???? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: What is your rotation for a best of seven?

There still a lot of ball to be played, if the post season started today. I wouldn't have any problem with Peavy going in game 1 followed by Lester and or Lackey. I think all three are interchangable...In setting the playoff rotation, much will depend on how we end the season...another factor could also be how each of them have fared v the team we face. That we're having this discussion in late August is a beautiful thing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

if buchholz is healthy he's game 1, and any other game he can pitch. you know this, you're just trying to antagonize. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

as of right now?

Peavy

Lester

Lackey

Doubront

If Buch comes back strong?

Buch

Peavy

Lester

lackey

I believe Doubront will be pushing his innings limit from last year by seasons end. This is the 4 I would go with IF Buchholz can get back to his normal self on the mound. He should get 3 starts with Boston before the season ends I believe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

There still a lot of ball to be played, if the post season started today. I wouldn't have any problem with Peavy going in game 1 followed by Lester and or Lackey. I think all three are interchangable...In setting the playoff rotation, much will depend on how we end the season...another factor could also be how each of them have fared v the team we face. That we're having this discussion in late August is a beautiful thing

Too early indeed, but it is nice to make such projections... Today would be last chance to bolster an embattled bullpen, except for Koji... could Ranaudo help?... Even Dempster should get a chance for long or short relief... To have an established set up man is the real challenge... Ben, it is your call!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

At this point, I'd go Peavy, Lester, Buch, Lackey.  Peavy is a bulldog and will WANT the ball.  Lester breaks up the righties, and Buch will be there in what would likely be a pivotal game 3.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

In response to Beantowne's comment:

[QUOTE]

Too early indeed, but it is nice to make such projections... Today would be last chance to bolster an embattled bullpen, except for Koji... could Ranaudo help?... Even Dempster should get a chance for long or short relief... To have an established set up man is the real challenge... Ben, it is your call!

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see them add a big armed righthanded reliever to take some of the load off Tazawa. It wouldn't surprise me if they did but are running out of time...not sure that any of the young guns are ready for that role...Workman Is the guy on the current roster and he's improving but still struggles with command. Depmster is likely headed to the pen come post season and or they might just give Buccholz a look when he's ready to return. I struggle with the notion that he can get himself stretched out and be ready to go 7 plus in a month. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No way do I lead off with Buchholz right now.  Three months ago, definitely, but Buchholz right now needs to show he can still do what he did then.  Until he shows me something real, Peavy, Lackey, Lester, and Doubront are all better choices.  Reportedly, his next MLB start is September 10.  After that, he can get maybe 3 more starts.  As important as his physical situation is, what always has worried me about Buchholz is what's going on in his head. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

if buchholz is healthy he's game 1, and any other game he can pitch. you know this, you're just trying to antagonize. 

dumbest post of the day - congrats

the guy hasnt pitched in three months and is getting wrecked by Tri-County league teams and you want to trot him out ahead of the other guys who are all pitching well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to cassvt2004's comment:

At this point, I'd go Peavy, Lester, Buch, Lackey.  Peavy is a bulldog and will WANT the ball.  Lester breaks up the righties, and Buch will be there in what would likely be a pivotal game 3.

i like this...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

[QUOTE]

the guy hasnt pitched in three months and is getting wrecked by Tri-County league teams and you want to trot him out ahead of the other guys who are all pitching well.

[/QUOTE]

Buchholz def has to prove himself first before they hand him game 1. I wouldnt read too much into these starts right now. Hes just getting the feel back for being in an actual game situation and the feel of all his pitches. Kinda like ST. Hes probably only going at about 80% right now building his arm back up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Buchholz def has to prove himself first before they hand him game 1. I wouldnt read too much into these starts right now. Hes just getting the feel back for being in an actual game situation and the feel of all his pitches. Kinda like ST. Hes probably only going at about 80% right now building his arm back up.

[/QUOTE]

i agree but right now i would rather have Felix than clay pitch the fourth game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Thought I would bump this seeing as momentum seems to be in lester's and clay's corner now

As always - 100% correct!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Thought I would bump this seeing as momentum seems to be in lester's and clay's corner now

As always - 100% correct!

i'd go with lester, lackey, buch, Peavy as it stands now. Buch looked amazing and if he continues to look good in his next start (tomorrow?) i'd move him up further.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

They will have to play a best of five series first, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1 & 5 Peavy

2 & 6 Lester

3 & 7 Buch

4  Lackey

Sox4ever

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The question is, what will the rotation be?

It will be......

Buch #1 (so we mix in Lester's LH)

Lester #2

Peavy #3

Lackey #4 (Only because of his bad luck in getting run support)

Doubs (at the ready to come on on a moments notice)

What would I like?

Peavy #1

Lester #2

Buch #3

Lackey #4 (ONLY because of his bad luck!  He certainly deserves to be at least #2

Doubs at the ready.

????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Buch

Lester

Peavy

Lackey

but this is how they'll go:

Lester

Lackey

Buch

Peavy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Buch could be anywhere from 1 to 4, depending upon his final starts.  

Other than Buch:

# 1 Lester

# 2 Peavy

# 3 Lackey

Lester has been the most dominant of late.

But really, it's close to a pick 'em.  I'm fine with any order.  They're all good.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Other than Buch:

# 1 Lester

# 2 Peavy

# 3 Lackey

But really, it's close to a pick 'em.  I'm fine with any order.  They're all good.  

Sherrif,

I think you may be right.  If Lester continues like this over his next 2 starts, he is likely to be the new old #1. 

This is truly an epic season.  Who would have thought one of our biggest concerns would be picking between 4 equally deserving #1 starters for the post season?

Well....  Maybe not our #1 concern?  We've got some big health concerns!!!!!  Still, you get the feeling that this TEAM will find a way!  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Peavy

Lester

Lackey

Buchholz

Peavy

Lester

Lackey

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

Other than Buch:

# 1 Lester

# 2 Peavy

# 3 Lackey

Sherrif,

I think you may be right.  If Lester continues like this over his next 2 starts, he is likely to be the new old #1. 

This is truly an epic season.  Who would have thought one of our biggest concerns would be picking between 4 equally deserving #1 starters for the post season?

Well....  Maybe not our #1 concern?  We've got some big health concerns!!!!!  Still, you get the feeling that this TEAM will find a way!  :)

[/QUOTE]

Thankfully, it's John Farrell's concern and not ours.  He's the one that has to deal with the egos.