What is your starting lineup for tonight?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Re: What is your starting lineup for tonight?

I think Lowrie will play over Aviles due the Orioles is starting a right handed pitcher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Sounds about right, though I think Lavarnway may be hitting too high in the order, gven his experience.

But given the whole right-left balance issue, and where the others should be batting, I can't see anywhere else to put him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I would like to see Tito trying something different again tonight. 

1. Marco Scutaro - SS
    2. Dustin Pedroia - 2B
    3. Jacoby Ellsbury - CF
    4. Adrian Gonzalez - 1B
    5. David Ortiz - DH
    6. Ryan Lavarnway - C
    7. Jed Lowrie - 3B
    8. JD Drew - RF
    9. Carl Crawford - LF

If I were Sox manager, my lineup for tonight would look something like this.  I put CC in 9th spot not because of his low OBP but because of his speed even though he kind of lost much.

I would test Buchholz late in the innings, if we are winning, just to see he's ok to throw in the postseason. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Ells
    Crawford
    Pedrioa
    Gonzalez
    Ortiz
    Lowrie
    Drew
    Lavarnway
    Scutaro

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

In Response to Re: What is your starting lineup for tonight?:
    [QUOTE]Ells Crawford Pedrioa Gonzalez Ortiz Lowrie Drew Lavarnway Scutaro
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]
    lowrie hitting .140 for the month of September, & he sucks batting left handed.
    Ells Pedey Agon Papi Lavarnway Scutty Crawford JD  Aviles

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Ellsbury
    Pedroia
    Gonzalez
    Ortiz
    Lavarnway
    Crawford
    Lowrie
    Drew
    Scutaro 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Put me in the Aviles over Lowrie camp, but I'd guess due to the RH Lowrie gets the nod. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

But both Lowrie and Aviles have simular stats.  More importantly is that Lowrie as a starter have helped the team to win more games than Aviles as a starter since September 8th.  Aviles only won two games (last sunday and other one on sept 8th) as a starter.  Therefore, Tito is going with the feeling of the chemistry that have better chance to win the game!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

I think its pretty funny that you all think Lavarnway will be in the lineup again.....I have complete faith that Tito will insert, if healthy, Salti back into the lineup......for better or worse he sticks with his guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

I probably agree with you, gbman.

But Tito better check his health status of Salty. Heck no way if he have a hard time throwing the ball toward to second base or swing the bat due to his bruise right collar bone.  

If Salty starts, I am sure that Baltimore will test him by trying to steal as many bases as they can.  That is my concern.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lowrie may be a switch hitter, but he stinks vs RHPs.  This will not be the line-up, but it should be...

1) Ellsb CF
    2) Scutaro  SS (One of our hottest and most clutch hitters)
    3) Ortiz  DH
    4) AGon  1B
    5) Pedey 2B
    6) Crawford LF
    7) Lavarnway C
    8) Reddick RF
    9) Aviles 3B

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I think its pretty funny that you all think Lavarnway will be in the lineup again.....I have complete faith that Tito will insert, if healthy, Salti back into the lineup......for better or worse he sticks with his guys.
    Posted by gbman87603[/QUOTE]

I think Salty will be in the linup if he's able to go, but not because Francana "sticks with his guys". This game could not only determine if the sox fly back to Boston to clean our their lockers or on to Detroit or Texas for the post season, but Franconas future with the organization. Tonights game is more about the starting pitching than the catcher and the decision will be based on who Lester feels more comfortable with.  Lavarnway can pinch hit if needed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

well JBay

remy ( on weei this am) agrees with you for the most part

he thought salty would start because of his experience

he mentioned how lester had more pitches than bedard

but didn't think the pitches preference was an issue

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your starting lineup for tonight? : I think Salty will be in the linup if he's able to go, but not because Francana "sticks with his guys". This game could not only determine if the sox fly back to Boston to clean our their lockers or on to Detroit or Texas for the post season, but Francona future with the organization. Tonight game is more about the starting pitching than the catcher and  the decision will be based on who Lester feels more comfortable with.  Lavarnway can pinch hit if needed.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] hi J, i thought i heard a  sometime yesterday, where Salty said he's able..admittedly, i heard it  in passing, so i can't be sure...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Ells, scut, Agon, pedroia, Ortiz, Lavarnway, Crawford, drew, aviles. Let's give Lavarnway and aviles a chance to be heros

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I think Salty gets the nod if he's healthy enough. Either way there's a risk involved. The new kid had his big night against lefties. He could have another one against a rightie, and that's what the fans want to see. Will Tito take THAT risk, or go with the guy who has been so-so all year? We'll see.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

1 Scutaro 2 Pedroia 3 Ellsbury 4 Ortiz 5 Gonzalez 6 Lavarnway 7 Crawford 8 McDonald/Drew 9 Aviles

Sections
Shortcuts