What job would your favorite ballplayer have during the offseason?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: What job would your favorite ballplayer have during the offseason?

Im seeing Clay at Home Depot...

Salty as a roofer...

Pedroia in real estate....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

Beckett working a fried chicken restaurant. one that serves beer

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Seriously?:  umpire baseball games.
    Semi-seriously?  stitch sneakers in a Vietnamese Nike sweatshop
    Fantasy?  Bring back Superstars!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Beckett-Bartender.  Everyone would know his name.
    Pedroia-Ring announcer
    Gonzo-Coaching little league
    Youk-Yoga coach
    CC-Weight lifting coach, you'll be strong, but he'd never be able to explain why.
    Ells-Luge
    Drew-Hammock tester

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: What job would your favorite ballplayer have during the offseason?:
    [QUOTE]Beckett-Bartender.  Everyone would know his name. Pedroia-Ring announcer Gonzo-Coaching little league Youk-Yoga coach CC-Weight lifting coach, you'll be strong, but he'd never be able to explain why. Ells-Luge Drew-Hammock tester
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Youk - Anger Management therapist
    Papi - fitness instructor
    Pedroia - Monk (under vow of silence)
    Drew - Marine drill instructor

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Maybe if they were paid properly we would get to see them work in the off-season rather than doing what they do now - hang out in Baja drinking beer and sitting on their rears.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Ichiro - a reincarnation of Mori Ranmaru - and still hunting down the Iga Ninja reincarnations until he fufills his duty to Lord Oda - but through a strange twist of fate the last ninja is reincarnated as a Westerner.  In order to gain access to the West he plays baseball, but during the off season, he seeks the last ninja.  He probably won't expect to find her so...enchanting....*blush*

Pedoria - baseball IS his second job.   His first job is to protect the last Iga Ninja.  However, like Ichiro, he had no idea who it is.  But he knows who Ichiro is, and Ichiro knows who he is, which is why they are on opposite coasts racing against each other to be the first to find this mysterious person. 

Youk - An Indiana Jones type job that has nothing to do with Iga Ninjas.  However, he may accidently run across one in his quest to hunt down some sort of artifact. 

Ellsbury - professional cos-player.  Hits Anime Cons as a guest.  Does a bit of voice acting.  Does the voice of "L" in DeathNote. 

AGon - professional video game player.  Won a bit of money in the Capcom tournies. 

Beckett - Does RenFests.  Plays the Black Knight in the jousts.

I have an active imagination.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I don't think Hammock Tester and Monk are "jobs." The first one could be, but who tests things like hammocks?

Is there really such a thing as a professional video game player, if so , I want a shot at this one!

Yoshi , Indiana Jones had two jobs himself, and neither was "baseball player." He was a Teacher and an Archaeologist. I don't see Youk having enough time to be Indiana Jones and Kevin Youkilis.

I see Tim Wakefield as a Major League baseball pitcher in his second job. I still haven't figured out what it is he's supposed to be doing during the season except maybe as a suicide inducement agent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Honorable Lizard  - a friend of my daughter's actually makes a few bucks on the side playing video games.  He isn't exactly "pro", but he does know of a few kids that went pro.

You are probably right about Youk.  But I like him and wanted to give him something exciting to do and I probably tapped out on the Ninja story.  Figured...Indiana Jones was probably more....realistic?...than Han Solo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: What job would your favorite ballplayer have during the offseason?:
    [QUOTE]Beckett-Bartender.  Everyone would know his name. Pedroia-Ring announcer Gonzo-Coaching little league Youk-Yoga coach CC-Weight lifting coach, you'll be strong, but he'd never be able to explain why. Ells-Luge Drew-Hammock tester
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahahaa.  HAHAHAHAAHAHA.  Thanks Joe.  Work $uck$ today and I needed a good LOL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

When I was a little kid our hometown hero of a major league baseball player worked in the local hardware store.

Seemed like he belonged there every time we went in during the winter for several years.  He wore the hardware store man's apron and always had a pencil and paper stuffed in one of the pockets.  We loved talking to him about baseball and he seemed to enjoy talking to us as well as long as there were no customers around.