What kind of effort do Yanks give tomorrow?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

What kind of effort do Yanks give tomorrow?

Haven't announced a starter, only one day off before play-offs to rest regulars and pen, I don't think they field much of a line-up tomorrow.  They played the regulars tonight and didn't get it done in, can't fault them if they rest a lot of guys tomorrow.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Re: What kind of effort do Yanks give tomorrow?

Thoughts everyone?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to What kind of effort do Yanks give tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]Haven't announced a starter, only one day off before play-offs to rest regulars and pen, I don't think they field much of a line-up tomorrow.  They played the regulars tonight and didn't get it done in, can't fault them if they rest a lot of guys tomorrow. Thoughts?
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

I would say that whoever Girardi puts out there will play their heart out, but I don't think you will see the best. Girardi has already benched Soriano, Robertson and Mo for tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

My title is misleading, I'm sure who ever plays will give the proverbial 110%, I just see lots of non-regulars in the line-up. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Who the heck cares?? The Sox got themselves into this situation, they need to get themselves out of it. Stop worrying about what the Yankees are doing. I`m sure that they`re more worried about being ready for the playoffs than they are a team that`s playing .250 ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: What kind of effort do Yanks give tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]Sox better take care of their own business and dont worry about the Yanks.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

I'd say worrying about how the TB/NY game turns out tomorrow might be a legitimate thing for the Sox to worry about.

Now if the Sox had won Monday night I'd agree with you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

Regardless of much effort the Yanks will put in tomorrow against the Rays, I'm betting the Orioles will put in more versus the Sox

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Never mind what the Yanks do. It's not their job to save the Sox. If the Sox really want it, they have to take of business themselves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lftsaw7878. Show lftsaw7878's posts

Another thread commited to this "Yankees laying down" conspiracy nonsense? Again, if I was the Yankees, I would much rather see Boston and their awful starting pitching in the post season, than the Rays, who can beat anyone with their excellent group of arms. Of course The Yanks don't care either way, their focus is on themselves I am sure. These threads are ridiculous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Another thread commited to this "Yankees laying down" conspiracy nonsense? Again, if I was the Yankees, I would much rather see Boston and their awful starting pitching in the post season, than the Rays, who can beat anyone with their excellent group of arms. Of course The Yanks don't care either way, their focus is on themselves I am sure. These threads are ridiculous.
    Posted by null

Good grief.  This thread isn't about the Yankees laying down, it is about how realistic is it to expect the Yankees to use starters/valuable arms tomorrow. 

To all of those with the cliche, "don't worry about the Yankees....." dribble, really?  You don't care if the Rays win or lose tomorrow?  Y'all are liars and clowns.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

They will probably go the whole bullpen approach minus Soriano, Robertson, Rivera, Wade, and their lefthander, forgot him.  Just Noesi and a lot of junk.  Line up probably won't have a starter with people like Laird,Pena, Nunez (maybe),perhaps Posada at first, outfield of the three amigos.  They are all professional players, but not on same playing field as to talent and need to win.  We had better win!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The Red Sox got their freebie on Sunday from the Yanks, its the only reason we won. Its only reasonable that Tampa gets that same freebie, and they still could lose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Good grief.  This thread isn't about the Yankees laying down, it is about how realistic is it to expect the Yankees to use starters/valuable arms tomorrow.

I understood that,

the bad news is -no reg pitchers will be used

the good news is - this is BB and anything can happen

To all of those with the cliche, "don't worry about the Yankees....." dribble, really?  You don't care if the Rays win or lose tomorrow?  Y'all are liars and clowns.

yup

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatgirl. Show Soxpatgirl's posts

For the life of me I can't understand why the Yanks would want to help the Rays into the playoffs. (I know, "The Rivalry" blah, blah, blah).  However, right now, the Red Sox are definitely the weak link and will struggle to get through the first round (probably 3 and out if they face the Rangers).  On the other hand, the Rays rotation can go up against the best line up.  Why chance letting a stronger team into the playoffs? 

The Red Sox will have to take care of business tonight and Thursday if necessary.  As a fan, this has been tough to watch.  Good luck to our guys.

Should the Rays get in, I will find it quite amusing should they end up playing the Yanks in the ALCS.  As much as I dislike the Rays, it would be enjoyable watching them take the Yanks down and go on to the World Series.  Especially if the Yanks were the ones who invited them to the party.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I agree if the yanks let the hot devil dogs in, the could be the ones who take down the yanks

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Should the Rays get in, I will find it quite amusing should they end up playing the Yanks in the ALCS.  As much as I dislike the Rays, it would be enjoyable watching them take the Yanks down and go on to the World Series.  Especially if the Yanks were the ones who invited them to the party.

For the life of me I can't understand why the Yanks would want to help the Rays into the playoffs.
    (Soxpatgirl)

For the life of me, I cannot understand why some here have this notion that the Yanks are letting Tampa walk into the post season by not trying their best.

If it wasn't for a taylor made triple play yesterday, the Yanks would have won last night. If Soriano doesn't give up that HR in the 7 inning, the Yanks win last night. They even brought in Robertson and Mo in the 8th to keep the game within reach. The Yanks did Boston the biggest favor by blasting the Rays last week, taking 3 of 4. We gift wrapped the second game of the doubleheader on Sunday, twice allowing the kids to bat with the bases loaded when we had Jeter; A-Rod and a few others on the bench able to pinch hit.

This is Boston's mess to clean-up, not NY's. Good luck tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think the yankees prefer to rest guys followed by seeing a 1 game playoff.  For that to happen, they need to try and win (can't take a chance that if they let the Rays win that the Sox will also win).......So I think they will certainly try...Most guys hate losing even a meaningless game (most guys not named DJ of course).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Same effort that they have been doing in the last five games.  They dont care!!

Their main focus is game one!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Sox better take care of their own business and dont worry about the Yanks.
    Posted by bobbysu

Agree with you, although, I really thought that the Yankees would win last night's game.  

Sections
Shortcuts