what kind of farewell should the SOX give the Jeter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

what kind of farewell should the SOX give the Jeter?

timing couldnt b better.. in the last series of his career, he will b in bawston in fenway park in the last days of september.. talk about drama. likely both teams fighting it out for the division, as jeter is hitting .299 with chance to get to .300, as lackey's going for his 20th win after a bean brawl the game before... do we repeat the mariano thing when something's on the line? so great A-fraud's not there to mar the moment or his year..

great move by mlb and jetes in that sense.. tickets for the series went from $25 (available) to $200 and more in demand than opening day. the man was box office GOLD! mariano's farewell will willl pale in comparison. so many women willl be coming out. yur wife and galpal may actually want to check out a baseball game just to imagine the possibilities just once of the jeter. espn may hire a reporter just to report on the farewells. i have a feeling it wont be jenny dell for obvious reasons.. just sayin..

also dont see the jete going arouond mariano style to visit unknowns everywhere he goes. jetes would rather b down low and spend his free time with models...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: what kind of farewell should the SOX give the Jeter?

He should be given a fitting farewell, but the whole thing seems a little like a contrived farewell to me. It seems to me the Yankees really love to have their farewell tours. And I mean the organization more than the actual players. At the rate they're aging, this could be the norm for some time, and I'm sure the Yankees love it, especially since they're going through some trying times, and it keeps them in the spotlight in a positive way.

I just wonder how other teams' players who have had amazing careers and are in their final lap feel about the constant broohaha over one team's players. FTR the Yankees being the only team in baseball should be getting passe by now with so many other teams competing on higher levels every year. It's not all about the Yankees anymore, at least it shouldn't be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I'd love for the Yankees to have a farewell to Cano year. THAT would be entertaining. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Commie I'd like to see you and Tim Tebow out there on the mound to shake Jeter's hand.

"And I mean the organization more than the actual players"

Umm it was the players who decided how they wanted to handle their retirement (early announcements) not the organizations.. 

But it's not the organizations fault there are some amazing players to honor either. 

Fortunately the Yanks won't be able to trot Alex Rodriguez out to the same effect...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Commie I'd like to see you and Tim Tebow out there on the mound to shake Jeter's hand.

"And I mean the organization more than the actual players"

Umm it was the players who decided how they wanted to handle their retirement (early announcements) not the players. 

But it's not the organizations fault there are some amazing players to honor either. 

Fortunately the Yanks won't be able to trot Alex Rodriguez out to the same effect...

[/QUOTE]

It is the early announcements. That's true. Don't most players decide at the end of the year they are retiring? Make no mistake, the Yankee organization loves these distractions as they always seem to come when their team is questionable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A Bronx Cheer!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A Gold Glove with a hole in it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

I hope they give him a great send off like they did for Rivera. Excellent player. Didn't like to see him at bat in clutch situations and it will have been 18 years!!! 

However, he is a first ballot HOF, and should be. The guy played the game right and avoided the media circus of NY. I never liked the Yankees, but I hate to say that the game will be different when Jeter is not playing. There are certain personalities that make the game of baseball, and he is one of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perfect!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

He'll get a good send off, assuming he lasts in the lineup long enough.

This changes nothing, the NYY IF was a disaster before. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I think the Red Sox should give Jeter a "gift basket".    Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from javaukti1. Show javaukti1's posts

It means he'll be DH'ing a lot on the road. To put fannies in the seats at Yankee stadium and sell out the luxury suites ($100K per game) Girardi will be asked to put Jeter's 40 year-old, limited-range, chalky-ankled  body out there every home game. Anyone check what tickets for the yankees last home series are going for?

Don't get me wrong, he's a great player and with leadership alone just might lead the YAnkees into the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I think they should give him an enthusiastic farewell and no doubt they will. Jeter transcends rivalries. People everywhere love him. In an era where there was and is so much doubt, distrust and suspicion because of PEDS...Jeter stood apart and was able to rise above it all..proving that one could be great with hard work and the right attitude.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't most players decide at the end of the year they are retiring?

[/QUOTE] Kim, there are players in ALL major sports that have announced their intention to retire before their season has gotten underway, it's a personal choice...also some players are probably not sure internally so they likely decide to play the season out and see...i'm all for EVERY player on EVERY team to have it on their terms...there have been far too many cases where we've seen an athlete just about forced out of the game...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Hope the Sox show the respect this guy deserves. Great Ballplayer, who played for Division Rival.

Take the Yankees out of the equation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Red Sox should give Jeter a "gift basket".    Wink

[/QUOTE] just make sure you guys don't try to give him the same one when he attempts a comeback Tongue Out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perfect!

[/QUOTE] a signed copy of Manny's MRI :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perfect!

[/QUOTE]

Of which knee?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perfect!

[/QUOTE]

Of which knee?

[/QUOTE] LOL!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd love for the Yankees to have a farewell to Cano year. THAT would be entertaining. lol

[/QUOTE] Robinson Cano Farewell...6/12/14

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Last series of the season. I wonder what kind of a farewell Jeter will give the Sox?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Last series of the season. I wonder what kind of a farewell Jeter will give the Sox?

[/QUOTE]

2 bloop singles, a handful of 4-3 bounce-outs?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Hopefully a broom to represent the series sweep and a couple of tickets stamped September 30th to Hawaii to begin his vacation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

timing couldnt b better.. in the last series of his career, he will b in bawston in fenway park in the last days of september.. talk about drama. likely both teams fighting it out for the division, as jeter is hitting .299 with chance to get to .300, as lackey's going for his 20th win after a bean brawl the game before... do we repeat the mariano thing when something's on the line? so great A-fraud's not there to mar the moment or his year..

great move by mlb and jetes in that sense.. tickets for the series went from $25 (available) to $200 and more in demand than opening day. the man was box office GOLD! mariano's farewell will willl pale in comparison. so many women willl be coming out. yur wife and galpal may actually want to check out a baseball game just to imagine the possibilities just once of the jeter. espn may hire a reporter just to report on the farewells. i have a feeling it wont be jenny dell for obvious reasons.. just sayin..

also dont see the jete going arouond mariano style to visit unknowns everywhere he goes. jetes would rather b down low and spend his free time with models...

Here's a good one, if Middy struggles, Jete has a good year and the Yankees steal Drew lets offer Jete two more years to play in Boston :)  What better way of spanking the Yankees and saying farewell to one of the best players ever?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Just like Mo. He earned it, like him or not. He obviously has a good sense of humor so they should show the SNL Live when he hosted. The Fenway screen should show the point/counterpoint skit with Seth Myers....Derek Jeter stinks....No I don't. You can see him trying hard not to laugh. Seth the Red Sox fan took some gentle needling too. My computer is old and can't cut and paste but if anyone has it, load it up. We have 9.8 inches of snow in the Philly area, 54 for the year. How much are you guys getting up in NE? Wish I was in Fort Myers.