what kind of farewell should the SOX give the Jeter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxfan56. Show BoSoxfan56's posts

Re: what kind of farewell should the SOX give the Jeter?

Best wishes to Derek Jeter in his retirement.  A class act all the way, outstanding career, definite first ballot Hall of Famer, no doubt about it. 

That being said, another farewell tour?  Really?  If it had happened maybe a few years down the road, but one year after Mo?  Are the Yankees that desperate for ticket revenue?  Sure has boosted sales for Yankees games at Fenway.  Nice marketing stragedy.  

Bet we won't see Pedey doing that when his playing days are done. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

they should spike him so hard that he bleeds

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Give him some of A-ROD-THE-FRAUD'S  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to BoSoxfan56's comment:

Best wishes to Derek Jeter in his retirement.  A class act all the way, outstanding career, definite first ballot Hall of Famer, no doubt about it. 

That being said, another farewell tour?  Really?  If it had happened maybe a few years down the road, but one year after Mo?  Are the Yankees that desperate for ticket revenue?  Sure has boosted sales for Yankees games at Fenway.  Nice marketing stragedy.  

Bet we won't see Pedey doing that when his playing days are done. 

maybe, maybe not, but if he remains on his current course, he'll definitely be deserving 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

timing couldnt b better.. in the last series of his career, he will b in bawston in fenway park in the last days of september.. talk about drama. likely both teams fighting it out for the division, as jeter is hitting .299 with chance to get to .300, as lackey's going for his 20th win after a bean brawl the game before... do we repeat the mariano thing when something's on the line? so great A-fraud's not there to mar the moment or his year..

great move by mlb and jetes in that sense.. tickets for the series went from $25 (available) to $200 and more in demand than opening day. the man was box office GOLD! mariano's farewell will willl pale in comparison. so many women willl be coming out. yur wife and galpal may actually want to check out a baseball game just to imagine the possibilities just once of the jeter. espn may hire a reporter just to report on the farewells. i have a feeling it wont be jenny dell for obvious reasons.. just sayin..

also dont see the jete going arouond mariano style to visit unknowns everywhere he goes. jetes would rather b down low and spend his free time with models...

[/QUOTE]

Give him an all expensed paid vacation somewhere only redeemable the last week of the regular season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I think the Red Sox should send him off with a loss that makes the Yankees miss the playoffs.That way Jeter could get started on his retirement instead of worrrying about playing in the postseason.

Classy guy,always ready in clutch situations. a first ballot HOFer.He added a lot to the Sox/Yankees rilvary,I for one,will miss that about him.I won't miss his timely hits against Boston's pitchers though.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

How about giving him a Gold Glove. It seems as good a reason for him to give him, considering how good a fielder he actually was never seemed to matter.

Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't most players decide at the end of the year they are retiring?

[/QUOTE] Kim, there are players in ALL major sports that have announced their intention to retire before their season has gotten underway, it's a personal choice...also some players are probably not sure internally so they likely decide to play the season out and see...i'm all for EVERY player on EVERY team to have it on their terms...there have been far too many cases where we've seen an athlete just about forced out of the game...

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you to a point. If they aren't sure, but say it anyway, and want to play out the season than that's not right. But you have to know that the Yankees like to have alot of attention -- it seems like it's every season now. I still haven't recovered from the cathedral opening and the fanfare surrounding that, and that's just a stadium. No offense, Jete, but it just seems like it's always something. They definitely have publicists working 24/7 to keep the Yankees the topic of discussion at all times.

I will agree with you completely that some players on other teams just seem to go away, no matter their career. That just seems wrong to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'd love for the Yankees to have a farewell to Cano year. THAT would be entertaining. lol

[/QUOTE] Robinson Cano Farewell...6/12/14

[/QUOTE]

Is that true? I'd love to see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Some food for thought, forgive me while I will ask a rhetorical question...

Why do teams and MLB honor retiring hof worthy players with farewell tours and "Derek Jeter Day" at their home parks for Iconic players that are fan favorites. Because we the fans turn out in droves to tip our caps to show appreciation to the players and leave our hard earned moneys behind. 

Lets see how many Mariano Rivera jersey and tee shirts do you think they sold in parks that held a Mariano Rivera Day last year? if you look at the attendance of each of the teams that were already in wait til next year mode in August and September, my guess is that everyone of them saw a spike in sales during the last trip to by the Yankees.

hmmm...Sounds like good business to me....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'd love for the Yankees to have a farewell to Cano year. THAT would be entertaining. lol

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] LOL...nah, i was messing with you Kim, that's just the last day that the Yanks play the M's in 2014(hence the farewell Tongue Out)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Last series of the season. I wonder what kind of a farewell Jeter will give the Sox?

[/QUOTE]

4k 3E6

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I hope Jeter can remain healthy to make to the last series of the regular season especially in Fenway.

I'm also quite sure that the Fenway fans will be respectful as will Derek Jeter to the fans of Boston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some food for thought, forgive me while I will ask a rhetorical question...

Why do teams and MLB honor retiring hof worthy players with farewell tours and "Derek Jeter Day" at their home parks for Iconic players that are fan favorites. Because we the fans turn out in droves to tip our caps to show appreciation to the players and leave our hard earned moneys behind. 

Lets see how many Mariano Rivera jersey and tee shirts do you think they sold in parks that held a Mariano Rivera Day last year? if you look at the attendance of each of the teams that were already in wait til next year mode in August and September, my guess is that everyone of them saw a spike in sales during the last trip to by the Yankees.

hmmm...Sounds like good business to me....

[/QUOTE]

As a fan, I just hate when they make the business end of it so obvious. I like to forget about that when I watch baseball, and just enjoy it for the sport it is and the joy it brings. I'm not making money off of it, and neither are any of the other fans. Why should we be happy that a team that can buy and sell any major league team sells more T-shirts on farewell tours? And really, that cathedral opening was just waaaaay too much. It's not like they needed the fanfare to get people to go to Yankees games in a new stadium. And they didn't even pay for it anyway, so it was a free stadium for a billionaire. Yay!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] LOL...nah, i was messing with you Kim, that's just the last day that the Yanks play the M's in 2014(hence the farewell Tongue Out)

[/QUOTE]

What's the first day that Cano shows up in Yankee Stadium? That should be interesting. I may even watch that. CoolWinkSmile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's the first day that Cano shows up in Yankee Stadium? That should be interesting. I may even watch that. CoolWinkSmile

[/QUOTE] the M's come in for 3 April 29-May 1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope Jeter can remain healthy to make to the last series of the regular season especially in Fenway.

I'm also quite sure that the Fenway fans will be respectful as will Derek Jeter to the fans of Boston. 

[/QUOTE]

I think it'll be very well done whatever it is.  Kind of looking for it to really.  The Fenway fans will treat him well, guaranteed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Ford Flex and a gatorade

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

No more long farewell productions.  Let the Yankees do that for their players in their own stadium.  We don't need to host glorification ceremonies for every Yankee that decides to pack it in.  You know they would never do likewise for a retiring Sox.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to crix's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No more long farewell productions.  Let the Yankees do that for their players in their own stadium.  We don't need to host glorification ceremonies for every Yankee that decides to pack it in.  You know they would never do likewise for a retiring Sox.

[/QUOTE]

we'll see when big papi retires if applicable. i think if he announced his retirement the same way as jeter and Mariano "at the end of the 20XX season i am going to retire" that the Yankees would honor him in their own stadium.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to crix's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know it must seem that way 2 U

but not every yankee that ''packs it in '' is a no doubt future HOF