What lies ahead...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

What lies ahead...

Is some very promising starters very close to being ready and excelling where they are now.

And if I may quote Flapjack07... 

"Talk of "bridge seasons" is always mocked around here, but I think we're going to like what's on the other side of this one."

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/danny-knobler/22207117/red-sox-pitching-revival-extends-to-double-a-and-triple-a

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: What lies ahead...

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Is some very promising starters very close to being ready and excelling where they are now.

"Talk of "bridge seasons" is always mocked around here, but I think we're going to like what's on the other side of this one."

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/danny-knobler/22207117/red-sox-pitching-revival-extends-to-double-a-and-triple-a

Great little article South.  I really liked Ranaudo when they drafted him.  I saw him pitch once in Portland and the thing that stuck out for these untrained eyes was his presence on the mound.  Hard to explain but it looked like he just had command of everything.  He worked relatively quick which is nice to see from a young pitcher.  With Britton, Webster, RDLR etc.....the farm looks VERY solid in terms of pitchers.  I wonder if one of them (Webster) may be here sooner rather than later if Doubie coninues his struggles?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Great little article South.  I really liked Ranaudo when they drafted him.  I saw him pitch once in Portland and the thing that stuck out for these untrained eyes was his presence on the mound.  Hard to explain but it looked like he just had command of everything.  He worked relatively quick which is nice to see from a young pitcher.  With Britton, Webster, RDLR etc.....the farm looks VERY solid in terms of pitchers.  I wonder if one of them (Webster) may be here sooner rather than later if Doubie coninues his struggles?

At those names are just the higher levels..Lots of good strong young arms in A ball as well.

If Doubie continues with his problems, then a DL stint to get things right again would be wise. I think we will see Webster at some point again this year. depending on what goes on with the current rotation, maybe sooner rather than later.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

.... is much worse than what lies in the last month................

Speaking of lies...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Back up drive noted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ive noted that you dont like our pitching prospects.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I hope he doesn't like them.  He's been wrong about EVERY prediction so far this year......

Hey Softy.....can you do me a favor and admit that you hate the Sox, that every prospect stinks and that they will be in last place?  That would be great....thanks kid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Changes coming !!!   "BLOCKBUSTER"  !!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I hope he doesn't like them.  He's been wrong about EVERY prediction so far this year......

Hey Softy.....can you do me a favor and admit that you hate the Sox, that every prospect stinks and that they will be in last place?  That would be great....thanks kid.

His desperation in regards to Stephen Drew is very entertaining...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

http://news.soxprospects.com/2013/05/scouting-scratch-rubby-de-la-rosa-and.html

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hey South,

I can understand why many don't like the term bridge year, especially on top of the great collapse but that is exactly what the club is going through. Even so if the injuries are kept to a minimum, pitching stays strong as it has for the most part and a few of the player that have not hit so far start chiming in this club could contend. The make up of the team is strong but to contend everything has to fall in place which even with the best of teams is still difficult.

Too many forget there are 31 other teams trying to sign the same free agents every years, drafting top players, contending in thier division to try and get to the playoffs, etc. With great years come ocassional down turns, it's just part of what happens to any team but we're lucky here in Boston as we've had a good long run of success and with one down year, lots of talent in the wings, this club is on the way back up quickly.

Hetch    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

His desperation in regards to Stephen Drew is very entertaining...

Yes, Stephen Drew's current OPS+ and his OPS+ and OPS from the last 2 years and through this year is very comical and desperate, at 10 million dollars cost.

A 10 million dollar contract for S. Drew is truly desperate, and comical.

keep on talking about those injured years...its so pathetic, its almost cute.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Hey South,

I can understand why many don't like the term bridge year, especially on top of the great collapse but that is exactly what the club is going through. Even so if the injuries are kept to a minimum, pitching stays strong as it has for the most part and a few of the player that have not hit so far start chiming in this club could contend. The make up of the team is strong but to contend everything has to fall in place which even with the best of teams is still difficult.

Too many forget there are 31 other teams trying to sign the same free agents every years, drafting top players, contending in thier division to try and get to the playoffs, etc. With great years come ocassional down turns, it's just part of what happens to any team but we're lucky here in Boston as we've had a good long run of success and with one down year, lots of talent in the wings, this club is on the way back up quickly.

Hetch    

We are very lucky to be able to fill holes with expensive FA players. This year was more than filling holes and when the "kids" start flowing up over the next few years the need for a lot of FA players will be less. The future looks bright for the Sox from where Im standing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Nothing in the last month "lies ahead"...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Clearly you have not noticed, but the current team is winning.  Why do you want to change that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hard to say what lies ahead, but it's hard to believe these guys will collapse.  I think there can be little doubt Middlebrooks and Ellsbury are underperforming and likely to improve--Pedroia too.  Salty, I don't know, but Ross could simple catch more games.  Drew already looks to be coming around.  The pitching, despite ups and downs, is way, way better than anyone expected. 

The Twins are below .500, but just by 2 games, and last night Buchholz had a horrible start and could easily have give up 5 or 6 runs in the 1st, but he gave up 2, then managed to go 6 while giving up 4.  And the lineup scored a run every inning from the 4th thru the 8th, then the final run in the 11th.  These guys have grit.  \

And even if you believe, as Softlaw seems to, the Sox will soon head south, it's still been a great start to a season that didn't look that great two months ago.  Well done, Ben C and John Farrell. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

"One guy who didn't throw 96 when our first scout saw him in Portland: Daniel Bard, who topped out at 94 and could barely throw a strike."

He lost his fastball because he got fat. 

-Daf. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Clearly you have not noticed, but the current team is winning.  Why do you want to change that?

May I say, have you noticed how many "arms" are on the shelf ????

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think I'll use this thread to monitor the progress of our top level starters...

http://seadogsradio.mlblogs.com/2013/05/07/ranaudo-on-the-hill-for-portland/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Pitching prospect Allen Webster will get another start...

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/05/07/red-sox-recall-allen-webster-from-triple-a-place-joel-hanrahan-on-dl/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to notin's comment:

May I say, have you noticed how many "arms" are on the shelf ????

And that does not even include the ones you keep hoping get traded away.

No to mention, an acquisition of a middle reliever to replace Bailey or Hanrahan is a very liberal use of the word "blockbuster"...