What present would you like Santa to bring to the Red Sox tomorrow?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: What present would you like Santa to bring to the Red Sox tomorrow?

How about fans that don't make dumb trade proposals or who actually understand major league baseball and especially a Boston Media that does not stir the pot just to make them talked about in Boston and on ESPN.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

How about 3 or 4 more wins in april or september

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I would like Santa to bring a karaoke machine for 2004Idiots so he could develop a new hobby and divert some of his attention away from the board. 

http://youtu.be/VhtIydTmOVU

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

a move by Ben where he doesn't have to get permission from Larry Lucchino first,and in the stocking I would really like to see McNutt and another player from the Cubbies as compensation for InEpstien's escape. No ifs ands or cookie crumbs...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I concur with Sheriff, although I would settle for 2004Idiots to actually offer something original of value instead of cutting and pasting every Red Sox thought from someplace else and shoving it onto this board.

When does Boston.com get sick of the pure theft of intellectual property?

Regarding Christmas and pipe dreams, I'd like to see Tony Conigliaro come through the clubhouse door looking like its 1965, taking his jersey back from Bobby V and showing everyone what a righthanded power-hitting right fielder looks like.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd like a nice 200 IP SP, or a real closer.  I'd like both, but if I saw one or the other, there is plenty of time to get the other.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya i agree a good starter and an actual closer (not mark melancon) would be awesome at this point. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Jason Varitek

Varitek was my favorite Sox player. This guy was in love with the Sox, and always gave his best in every game he was in. His baseball acumen is unrivaled at his position keeping and studying notes on all players and having great results at it. He was the catcher for four no-hitters. It's not all about the pitcher. If they don't bring him back as a coach it would be their loss. There's a head full of knowledge there about the one thing I believe he obsesses on. You just can't beat that kind of dedication to his craft.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I was hoping they would hire Tek as the bench coach as I have no luv for Tim Bogar,but he has the pictures that Larry is afraid will become public. Maybe the Sox will give Tek the job just vacated by McClure as roving minor league pitching instructor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: What present would you like Santa to bring to the Red Sox tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]I would like Santa to bring a karaoke machine for 2004Idiots so he could develop a new hobby and divert some of his attention away from the board.  http://youtu.be/VhtIydTmOVU
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

me 2

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: What present would you like Santa to bring to the Red Sox tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]I concur with Sheriff, although I would settle for 2004Idiots to actually offer something original of value instead of cutting and pasting every Red Sox thought from someplace else and shoving it onto this board. When does Boston.com get sick of the pure theft of intellectual property? Regarding Christmas and pipe dreams, I'd like to see Tony Conigliaro come through the clubhouse door looking like its 1965, taking his jersey back from Bobby V and showing everyone what a righthanded power-hitting right fielder looks like.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

please don't bully the kid

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]I would like to see posters on this board have baseball related avatars.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

I agree; why do you not have one?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What present would you like Santa to bring to the Red Sox tomorrow? : I would like Santa to institute term limits for Sheriff. 
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

I agree

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

So I wake up this morning to see what Santa left us under the tree and to my utter disdain there was nothing for my beloved Red Sox...Bah humbug!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

A one year exemption from the luxrury tax

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

a Lackey-free roster?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]I concur with Sheriff, although I would settle for 2004Idiots to actually offer something original of value instead of cutting and pasting every Red Sox thought from someplace else and shoving it onto this board. When does Boston.com get sick of the pure theft of intellectual property? Regarding Christmas and pipe dreams, I'd like to see Tony Conigliaro come through the clubhouse door looking like its 1965, taking his jersey back from Bobby V and showing everyone what a righthanded power-hitting right fielder looks like.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

How about the theft of lamebrain nonsense by talk show hosts such as Michael Felger and WEEI hosts that admitted to John Henry that they are not in the truth business but in the entertainment business? How about the theft of nonsense from bloga that are 99 percent speculation and 1 percent fact?

If you are after "original" information, what would be the source of that? Wouln't it be from postgame / pregame interviews, thoughts from game announcers on TV or radio, beat reporters who are in the clubhouse and on the road? They are the closest to the action, players, and clubhouse. You can't get anymore original than that. If you don't give any credibility to those sources then you have NO information and you are merely speculating. Is that what a forum is for - pure nonsense speculation devoid of facts? Maybe that IS your cup of tea and the reason why you come here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What present would you like Santa to bring to the Red Sox tomorrow? : How about the theft of lamebrain nonsense by talk show hosts such as Michael Felger and WEEI hosts that admitted to John Henry that they are not in the truth business but in the entertainment business? How about the theft of nonsense from bloga that are 99 percent speculation and 1 percent fact? If you are after "original" information, what would be the source of that? Wouln't it be from postgame / pregame interviews, thoughts from game announcers on TV or radio, beat reporters who are in the clubhouse and on the road? They are the closest to the action, players, and clubhouse. You can't get anymore original than that. If you don't give any credibility to those sources then you have NO information and you are merely speculating. Is that what a forum is for - pure nonsense speculation devoid of facts? Maybe that IS your cup of tea and the reason why you come here.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Cutting and pasting other peoples words is pretty close to plagiarism, but at least he usually mentions where he lifted his info from.

He offers zero beside constant, nonstop cutting and pastiing. There's no value in it.  I can read other people's stories in their intended format.

My cup of tea is to take all the information and discuss it.  If my entire contribution was to cut and paste an appropriate story someone else wrote, Id refrain altogether.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

You're repeating my words Illinois, ..... it would be okay if it were one article a day but it can be as many as 5. And there is never a real thought by Idiots in any of his posts... good or bad.

I used the wrong tactics to try and change the posters behaviour and wound up looking the stupid one in the process.

Oh Well.

Cheerios

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Good question, Idiot ....

If I return to my first childhood, my brothers and I used to take turns at the Sears Christmas catalogue ... starting slowly with one or two presents we wished for. 
       Then we would slowly add more and more and more ... 5 guys and sheets of lists ....

Sorta like our wish lists here on BDC ....

I'd love to see King Felix, but would be very satisfied with Dice-K's elevation to a #1.  That would completely solidify our rotation.  (I know there would still be some questions, but those aren't allowed on this wish list.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Two years in row with no-playoffs is enough suffering. I would ask Santa to bring us playoffs back, to one of the two teams to pay the luxury tax. Realistically I would consider that as a succesful year.

Sections
Shortcuts