What starting pitcher is Theo going after next?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

What starting pitcher is Theo going after next?

Nick Cafardo/Boston Globe
    Given Clay Buchholz’s unresolved back problems, the Sox are intent on adding another arm in the rotation before today’s 4 p.m. non-waiver trade deadline. They scouted Bedard’s start Friday night against Tampa Bay in which he lasted only 1 1/3 innings, allowing five runs and four walks. Scouts said Bedard was throwing 94 miles per hour, broke off some good curveballs, and seemed OK physically after spending more than a month on the disabled list with a knee injury.
    According to Red Sox sources, the team wasn’t backing off Bedard based on one poor outing and that he was still being considered.

There’s growing speculation that teams have been taking a last-minute run at the Cubs’ Matt Garza. The righthander would certainly be a terrific option for the Sox given that he’s pitched in the American League East.

As of last night, the Sox were not involved in any talks with Houston for Wandy Rodriguez, which seemed unusual. He’s one of the viable lefties out there. The Twins were also shopping righty Kevin Slowey, who has been injured most of the season. He’s currently pitching for Triple A Rochester.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

Re: What starting pitcher is Theo going after next?

i like zambrano of the cubs if the cubs pick up half of the remaining salary in his total contract.

he is a head case, but might just realign himself with good guys like gonzalez, youkils, pedroia, lester, beckett, etc with a change in scenery.

there is no question that he is a much better pitcher than harden or bedard and the cubs might be happy to get rid of him (and a part of his salary) for a couple of mid range prospects.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Zambrano doesn't excite me at all.  I do not see him as a much better pitcher than Harden or Bedard, just more reliable.  If he could be had for Anderson, maybe.

Garza will be much more expensive, and I would not give up any of my top 5 prospects for him.  Don't want to see him spit a ten times for every pitch he makes, and he seemed greatest when he pitched against the Sox.  Not sure how he'd do pitching for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Jeremy Guthrie perhaps?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Paul Byrd

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Still not sure why they pulled the plug on Harden? It's not like they were giving away a valuable asset in Anderson...I could have told them without looking at his medicals that the guy's was pitching on borrowed time. Curious move or could it be that they have another deal in the works and repsectfully with drawed, using the mediacals as a means to an end?

We'll soon find out...if they don't get a starter it's not the end of the world we've still got enough arms to get us to the finish line...My wishlist would be to add another lefty or a big armed RH in the pen and the season long need of a RH outfield bat...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

"Paul Byrd " .......... good one

dont forget his cousin

Surfer Bird

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Garza is the best option. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Clayton Kershaw for Iglessias and Reddick

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: What starting pitcher is Theo going after next?:
    [QUOTE]Clayton Kershaw for Iglessias and Reddick
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Uh ... Mitch, don't you see what you're eventually suggesting by that trade?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Of course, I think we can get by with Darnell MacDonald in Right Field and using Drew Sutton as the 4th OF'er..........assuming of course our pitching is solid.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Of course, I think we can get by with Darnell MacDonald in Right Field and using Drew Sutton as the 4th OF'er..........assuming of course our pitching is solid.....
    As awful as Drew has been this year, McDonald has been far worse, and he's not nearly as good on defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Not lately....lately DMac has been better.  Besides, doesn't Drew have a boo boo?

And let's back off the "Drew is great on Defense"....He's good but is far from irreplaceable in RF at this stage of his career.  Keep it up though and it'll make his over-rated tag go through the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Not lately....lately DMac has been better.  Besides, doesn't Drew have a boo boo? And let's back off the "Drew is great on Defense"....He's good but is far from irreplaceable in RF at this stage of his career.  Keep it up though and it'll make his over-rated tag go through the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    True, Mac's had a better July than Drew. Never said Drew was "great" on defense, but you'd have to acknowledge he's solid and more reliable than McDonald.

Either way, I'd be very careful about dealing Reddick. With him, Ellsbury and Crawford, the Sox have the fastest outfield they've had since ... heck, maybe ever. It was cool to see the three of them use their speed to put together four runs in the fifth inning last night.