Re: What Team Would Have Been More Fun To Watch And Maybe Even Better?
posted at 3/27/2013 8:35 AM EDT
In response to garyhow's comment:
1) "Nutcase" still on staff.
In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:
You can't compare last year's team ito this year unless you include 32 trips to the DL this year with key players out for two months and several pitchers having off years. Assume those unexpected events and THEN compare. Everything went wrong last year. Assume that EVERYTHING will go wrong again this year and THEN make your comparison.
Best quote of the day right here. People should just ignore the 2012 stats. It was just one of those yrs.
1. Most DL days lost by players of any team since 1987
2. A trade which basically gave up the season at trade deadline, how does anyone perform at their best under such circumstances?
3. A manager who was out of touch w/ MLB player having not managed in over 10 yrs in MLB. A seriously bad decision that was one of the worst in recent times [Thanks Larry!]
4. The firing and resignations of franchises best Mgr/GM combination the team has ever had.
5. Trade that worked out terribly Reddick for Bailey.
6. Nut case on the staff - Aceves
Union you are absolutely correct in saying that anything that could go wrong did go wrong. Look this team basically won 90 games for 10 staright yrs and IMO was still reeling from the collapse of 2011, then add all the above and you have nothing short of a dissaster! Hopefully better days ahead.
2) Had to trade our starting SS to get "our guy" back. (Then pay $9.5M out of a tight budget to try to replace him.)
3) Already seeing injuries mount...again. At this point, I'm pretty confident it hasn't been "bad luck" with the injuries, it is the player's ages, physical shape, and pre-existing injuries that is a big part of our injury history.
4) Nobody from the Dodger trade is likely to make a big impact this year.
5) Our pitchers have been having "off years" not just in 2012, but for sometime now, and us counting on them all to put it together at the same time has been our miscalculation for too long.
6) We still have Bailey, and they still have Reddick.
7) We don't have Beckett, Cook and Dice-K, but we have Dempster and Lackey.
8) We don't have Cody Ross or Pods, but we have Shane and Gomes.
9) We don't have Shoppach, but we have Ross.
10) We still don't have Papelbon.