What the Rotation should look like:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

What the Rotation should look like:

Why make Bard a starter when we all ready have several canidates? Keep him in the Bull pen, with him there the Sox could have one of the best pens in the game.

Lester
    Beckett
    Buccholz 
    Doubront
    Cook

That 1-2-3 punch is still going to be one of the best in the MLB. With the lineup the Sox have the 4-5 starters just need to be decent. Cooke and Doubront have looked really good, give 'em a shot.

Aceves as the long man

7th - Melancon
    8th - Bard
    9th - Bailey

I can't see Bard being all that much better than Doubront or Cook as a starter. Would be nice if Oswalt would play baseball, clearly he wants nothing to do with Boston, though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: What the Rotation should look like:

Cook's not ready.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: What the Rotation should look like::
    [QUOTE]Cook's not ready.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Yeah maybe not. Could start with Aceves and give long relief chances. Tbh they don't really need a 5th started til mid April-ish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Nice post bison...I agree with your pitching roster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Cook's not ready.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]Actually thay probably won't need a 5th starter until near the end of April. Cook could easily be stretched out as a starter by then. I do like the idea of having Bard and Aceves in the BP. I would maybe go with Bard as the closer. Doubront definitely has looked like he's ready to be a serviceable MLB starter this spring.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Actually thay probably won't need a 5th starter until near the end of April...

Actually we'll need one in the first week and 3 other times in April.
    Here's how it might go...
    (4 in April)

4/5  @Det  Lest
    4/6 OFF
    4/7  @Det  Beck
    4/8  @Det  Buch
    4/9  @Tor  4th starter
    4/10 @Tor Lest
    4/11 @Tor 5th starter
    4/12 OFF
    4/13 TB  Beck
    4/14 TB  Buch
    4/15 TB  Lest
    4/16 TB  4th
    4/17 TX  5th
    4/18 TX  Beck
    4/19 OFF
    4/20 NYY Buch
    4/21 NYY Lest
    4/22 NYY 4th
    4/23 @MN Beck
    4/24 @MN 5th
    4/25 @MN Buch
    4/26 @CWS Lest
    4/27 @CWS 4th
    4/28 @CWS Beck
    4/29 @CWS 5th
    4/30 Oak  Buch
    5/1  Oak  Lest
    5/2  Oak  4th
    5/3 OFF
    Then 19 straight days with a game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Actually thay probably won't need a 5th starter until near the end of April... Actually we'll need one in the first week and 3 other times in April. Here's how it might go... (4 in April) 4/5  @Det  Lest 4/6 OFF 4/7  @Det  Beck 4/8  @Det  Buch 4/9  @Tor  4th starter 4/10 @Tor Lest 4/11 @Tor 5th starter 4/12 OFF 4/13 TB  Beck 4/14 TB  Buch 4/15 TB  Lest 4/16 TB  4th 4/17 TX  5th 4/18 TX  Beck 4/19 OFF 4/20 NYY Buch 4/21 NYY Lest 4/22 NYY 4th 4/23 @MN Beck 4/24 @MN 5th 4/25 @MN Buch 4/26 @CWS Lest 4/27 @CWS 4th 4/28 @CWS Beck 4/29 @CWS 5th 4/30 Oak  Buch 5/1  Oak  Lest 5/2  Oak  4th 5/3 OFF Then 19 straight days with a game.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]It looks to me like you could get by without the 5th guy until 4/24, which would leave time to get Cook stretched out. Plus Aceves would be able to go long or spot start if needed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Right now the staff as a whole looks pathetic and most of the hitting is by non starters. Once again the pitchers and catchers have a lousy SB/CS ratio. Great suicide squeeze, but meaningless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Bard is fitting right in with 6 innings 5 runs, he should be able to carry Lackey's load no problem.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I wouldn't be much surprised to see either Floyd or Danks starts for the Red Sox in game number 4 of the season.  Big Ben won't be just watching his first game plan falls apart as a GM for the first time.  And It looks like Doubront has the edge on the 5th spot, if not 4th.  I completely agree with the idea of keeping BOTH Bard and Aceves in the pen which WILL make our BP the strongest in the league.  For either Floyd or Danks, it appears that CHW wants at least two of team's elite prospects and one above average prospect in return.  I believe Ranaudo, Swihart and Tejeda will make the trade work. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

n Response to Re: What the Rotation should look like::
    Actually thay probably won't need a 5th starter until near the end of April... Actually we'll need one in the first week and 3 other times in April. Here's how it might go... (4 in April) 4/5  @Det  Lest 4/6 OFF 4/7  @Det  Beck 4/8  @Det  Buch 4/9  @Tor  4th starter 4/10 @Tor Lest 4/11 @Tor 5th starter 4/12 OFF 4/13 TB  Beck 4/14 TB  Buch 4/15 TB  Lest 4/16 TB  4th 4/17 TX  5th 4/18 TX  Beck 4/19 OFF 4/20 NYY Buch 4/21 NYY Lest 4/22 NYY 4th 4/23 @MN Beck 4/24 @MN 5th 4/25 @MN Buch 4/26 @CWS Lest 4/27 @CWS 4th 4/28 @CWS Beck 4/29 @CWS 5th 4/30 Oak  Buch 5/1  Oak  Lest 5/2  Oak  4th 5/3 OFF Then 19 straight days with a game.
    Posted by moonslav59
    It looks to me like you could get by without the 5th guy until 4/24, which would leave time to get Cook stretched out. Plus Aceves would be able to go long or spot start if needed. -carnie

Are you saying we should start some guys on 3 days rest in early April?

1) The game on April 11th (our 6th game of the season) can not be covered by anyone else but our 5th starter, unless whomever pitched on April 7th pitches again on the 11th. That's one less day of rest than normal.
    2) We play 6 games in 6 days from April 13th to the 18th. How do we not use a 5th starter there, unless 2 guys pitch with 1 less day of rest.
    3) We play 13 games in 13 days from April 20th to May 2nd. That's 2 more starts for our 5th starter, making it 4 for April.

There's no way we want to use one starters on 3b days rest four times in April. Usually, starters are limited in their innings pitched in April, not given extra work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wouldn't be much surprised to see either Floyd or Danks starts for the Red Sox in game number 4 of the season.  Big Ben won't be just watching his first game plan falls apart as a GM for the first time.  And It looks like Doubront has the edge on the 5th spot, if not 4th.  I completely agree with the idea of keeping BOTH Bard and Aceves in the pen which WILL make our BP the strongest in the league.  For either Floyd or Danks, it appears that CHW wants at least two of team's elite prospects and one above average prospect in return.  I believe Ranaudo, Swihart and Tejeda will make the trade work.

I'd love to get Floyd or Danks, but I don'tt hink we can trade Swihart until he has been with us for a full year.

I'd start by offering Middlebrooks, Salty and Bowden or Middlebrooks, Ranaudo, and Anderson.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't be much surprised to see either Floyd or Danks starts for the Red Sox in game number 4 of the season.  Big Ben won't be just watching his first game plan falls apart as a GM for the first time.  And It looks like Doubront has the edge on the 5th spot, if not 4th.  I completely agree with the idea of keeping BOTH Bard and Aceves in the pen which WILL make our BP the strongest in the league.  For either Floyd or Danks, it appears that CHW wants at least two of team's elite prospects and one above average prospect in return.  I believe Ranaudo, Swihart and Tejeda will make the trade work. I'd love to get Floyd or Danks, but I don'tt hink we can trade Swihart until he has been with us for a full year. I'd start by offering Middlebrooks, Salty and Bowden or Middlebrooks, Ranaudo, and Anderson.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I will try my best to avoid Middlebrooks in the package for 2013 season.  If Middlebrooks is what he is as advertised, he might be the answer for longterm
    3B for the Sox.  Youk will have to DH fulltime in 2013 assuming his option getting picked up since Papi will most likely leave at the end of this season IMO.  I just don't see either Aviles or Punto getting the starting job at 3B.  I'm all in with Salty in the package cause Lava looks fantastic in ST.  I would try Ranaudo, Salty and Anderson.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to What the Rotation should look like::
    [QUOTE]Why make Bard a starter when we all ready have several canidates? Keep him in the Bull pen, with him there the Sox could have one of the best pens in the game. Lester Beckett Buccholz  Doubront Cook That 1-2-3 punch is still going to be one of the best in the MLB. With the lineup the Sox have the 4-5 starters just need to be decent. Cooke and Doubront have looked really good, give 'em a shot. Aceves as the long man 7th - Melancon 8th - Bard 9th - Bailey I can't see Bard being all that much better than Doubront or Cook as a starter. Would be nice if Oswalt would play baseball, clearly he wants nothing to do with Boston, though.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]Thats a  B I N G O.... especialy with the starters !!!   I like Doubront & Cook in the 4-5.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]Why make Bard a starter when we all ready have several canidates? Keep him in the Bull pen, with him there the Sox could have one of the best pens in the game. Lester Beckett Buccholz  Doubront Cook That 1-2-3 punch is still going to be one of the best in the MLB. With the lineup the Sox have the 4-5 starters just need to be decent. Cooke and Doubront have looked really good, give 'em a shot. Aceves as the long man 7th - Melancon 8th - Bard 9th - Bailey I can't see Bard being all that much better than Doubront or Cook as a starter. Would be nice if Oswalt would play baseball, clearly he wants nothing to do with Boston, though.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

this is perfect....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What the Rotation should look like: : Actually thay probably won't need a 5th starter until near the end of April. Cook could easily be stretched out as a starter by then. I do like the idea of having Bard and Aceves in the BP. I would maybe go with Bard as the closer. Doubront definitely has looked like he's ready to be a serviceable MLB starter this spring.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

bard as the closer? i think not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomasmtom. Show Thomasmtom's posts

We will need a 5th starter by the second week of April. Cook isn't expected to be ready by then.
    1. Lest
    2. Beck
    3. Buck
    4. Doub
    5. Ace (holds the job down for Cook)

Looks like the way it will work out unless the Sox make a trade for an SP.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the Dice (as in 'roll the dice') come June!

Sections
Shortcuts