What the sam hill is going on here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

What the sam hill is going on here?

This is not a poll.  Pick one (or create another choice) and justify it--

A.  Ben C has it about right, and these guys will compete for the playoffs.  Big surprise.

B.  A house of cards--Armageddon out of here. 

C.  Better, but still not there.  .500 ball, maybe a little better.

D.  Who knows?  Who cares? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: What the sam hill is going on here?

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

A.  Ben C has it about right, and these guys will compete for the playoffs.  Big surprise.

From what I've seen I'll go with answer A. They are as advertised and quoted. It's a whole new ballgame.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

max, Just the changes in the cluhouse alone had to make a difference.  The team plays hard and believes in one another and their manager.  It was a great start and should only get better.  I hope Aceves does well in the minors BECAUSE HES NEXT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

You are what your record shows

A

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

max, Just the changes in the cluhouse alone had to make a difference.  The team plays hard and believes in one another and their manager.  It was a great start and should only get better.  I hope Aceves does well in the minors BECAUSE HES NEXT.

That's about the way I see it.  Farrell was the right guy to right the rotation, and Ben C made sure his acquisitions and de-acquisitions would improve team attitude/morale.  Now we almost see a whole bunch of Pedroias out there.  You can see Middlebrooks and Drew are frustrated at the plate, but that has not affected their fielding. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

C

but way better to root for than last couple of teams

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

C

C????? really geo? are you watching the same ballteam that I am? I was at last nights game and in all honesty I saw a hard working hussling their tails off boston red sox. I know its only april but right now our boys ate tied with the rangers for the best record in all of baseball. man, you need to wake up and smell the fenway franks bro! buch is 5-0 and lester is 4-0. I think this club is a very confident and happy clubhouse right now. I will leave it to the forum to give their own opinions. but C for an answer is just plain crazy as I see it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Boston's magic number to clinch the AL East is down to 139.   Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I choose A, but I understand those who choose C. It's still way early, but I'm very pleasantly surprised.

As an aside, the Jays are kind of looking like our '11 team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

C

I agree. C. Until they have played half the season and are still winning. Its way too early to annoint this team as being anything more than a patchwork group of hard nosed players who are really not that good-like Dempster, Doubront, Lackey, Gomes etc etc. On July 1 if they are still playing good baseball I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but as a fan who has been through a lot of crap over the past couple of years, I am not giving them that benefit just yet.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

C

C????? really geo? are you watching the same ballteam that I am? I was at last nights game and in all honesty I saw a hard working hussling their tails off boston red sox. I know its only april but right now our boys ate tied with the rangers for the best record in all of baseball. man, you need to wake up and smell the fenway franks bro! buch is 5-0 and lester is 4-0. I think this club is a very confident and happy clubhouse right now. I will leave it to the forum to give their own opinions. but C for an answer is just plain crazy as I see it.

well obviously in April it's C   but if it keeps up...yea - A, why not? but it has been an easy schedule packed with home games this month...that will change and give us a better view of the team's chances

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

What in the Dickens, I mean what in the world, I mean what in the Sam Hill, is wrong with Toronto so far?

Shea Hillenbrand is right about what he wrote in the Blue Jay's clubhouse a few years ago        --"The ship is sinking."    LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

hoping it's A but in my hear it is C.

no, not because i'm a whiner.

because:  April

did anyone really think that the Sox would play .682 ball?

do you really think they will play at this level all season?

i think most people thought that this team was an 85 win team.

does anyone really believe this is a 110 win team????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I dont think they will play this well all year, but I also think they are much better than a .500 ballclub. I undertsnad those who pick C right now. After a year and a month of utter nonsense and players that felt entitled, a management team that was going in all different directions, etc. I get that.

As Of right now they look great. They have a solid 1-2-3 pitching with a decent back end of the rotation along with a kid (Webster) who looks to be the real deal waiting for a spot.

The guys got eachothers back, play hard for eachother and the coaches. Pick eachother up when the other one is down and theres plenty of talent there. That makes me feel more comfortable, as a fan, saying that they can be a 90 win team. Will they? Im not going that far yet.

I would say A, but its not as big of a surprise to me. I liked the moves they made this offseason (whether I agreed with the $$ or not). I thought they would be good if they played they way they all were capable of.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

TV-guy,  nice stuff on Sam Hill.  I like the expression because it sounds like swearing but isn't. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

NO ONE saw this start coming especiallwhether the first 13 versus their own division. As is the case with every team and year it is a marathon.

funny thing is I believe this team is built for the marathon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

A. This team is playing as a team with different contributors every game. They have a spirit, determination, and enthusiasm that is outstanding. Winning is a frame of mind and this team has the right frame of mind. I'm a believer!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The question I have is:  at what point, what sample size, is enough for Georom et al to, at the very least, admit that Cherrington is far from the buffoon they have been tripping over themselves to paint him as?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'll go with A.

On the one hand: For the most part the team has gotten of getting those few extra runs when the pitching wasn't quite sharp and got the great pitching when the hitting wasn't quite there and got some big late-inning hits. You have to wonder if that can be kept up.

On the other hand, however: Pedroia has yet to hit for much power, and Middlebrooks and Drew haven't given much offensively. I expect more from both. So even if the "on the one hand" comes back to earth, that could be balanced by more power from Pedey (and Victorino for that matter) and more consistent production from Middlebrooks and Drew.

There's going to be some slumps, but if they Sox can avoid injuries, they should remain in the mix all year -- maybe even win the Division. With the bad luck the Sox have had in recent years with injuries, they're certainly due for some good luck in that area.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

The question I have is:  at what point, what sample size, is enough for Georom et al to, at the very least, admit that Cherrington is far from the buffoon they have been tripping over themselves to paint him as?

Hmmmmmm.....good question indeed.  Considering they take a sample size of about a week of Spring Training games.....I'd say by this past April 4th.....