What the Who- youth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

What the Who- youth

Why don't we just spend money on pitchers and go with youth: Don't take this serious but oh well what the hell.

LF Gomes Nava Hassan

CF Ells Bradley Jr.

RF Sweeney Kalish Sands

3B Middlebrooks Boaegarts

SS Isglesias Ciriaco

2B Ped Ciriaco

1B Sands Papi

C Ross Lavarnway Butler

DH Papi Middlebrooks

sign Greinke and Lohse

Rotation Lohse Greinke Lester Bucholtz Lackey and Doubront

Bullpen Morales Tazawa Acevez Bailey Bard Breslow and spend top doallars to get the top notch bull pen pitchers on the FA market

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: What the Who- youth

I could wait a year on Bogaerts but I would love to see Brentz and Bradley Jr in 2013.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I could wait a year on Bogaerts but I would love to see Brentz and Bradley Jr in 2013.  

[/QUOTE]

If they earn it.  You want a call up, well I want to see .290 BA, w/ pro-rated 25 HR pop from Brentz, and .310 BA from Bradley over the first two months in the minors.

I feel that AAA players need to earn their spot by killing it in the minors.  Buchholz did, Middlebrooks did.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

When Buchholz was whining for a call up, Theo said, "I want you to play at a level where I am forced to call you up."

I loved this quote.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When Buchholz was whining for a call up, Theo said, "I want you to play at a level where I am forced to call you up."

I loved this quote.

[/QUOTE]

So do I

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

I loved this quote.

[/QUOTE]

If I was Bucholz, then I would have responded to Theo like this,......

"Well Mr. Epstein, with all due respect, at least I do not walk away from the organization in a gorilla suit."  LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

I loved this quote.

[/QUOTE]

exactly, not to mention throwing guys who have barely seen AAA right into the majors could really hurt their confidence as well as their development. let them toil in the minors until they are REALLY ready and will make an instant impact with the sox.

think middlebrooks, at the beginning of the season last year the FO said he wasn't yet ready to be in the majors. what did he do? mashed the ball in AAA until they were forced to promote him (youk injury did help too but it was only a matter of time before youk landed on the DL)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I loved this quote.

[/QUOTE]

If I was Bucholz, then I would have responded to Theo like this,......

"Well Mr. Epstein, with all due respect, at least I do not walk away from the organization in a gorilla suit."  LOL

[/QUOTE]

Funny how after Buch was finally called up, he said he lost confidence in himself and said so himself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I loved this quote.

[/QUOTE]

exactly, not to mention throwing guys who have barely seen AAA right into the majors could really hurt their confidence as well as their development. let them toil in the minors until they are REALLY ready and will make an instant impact with the sox.

think middlebrooks, at the beginning of the season last year the FO said he wasn't yet ready to be in the majors. what did he do? mashed the ball in AAA until they were forced to promote him (youk injury did help too but it was only a matter of time before youk landed on the DL)

[/QUOTE]

Tony Conigliaro came straight to the Red Sox from A ball. Bob Stanley was called up from AA. Did that hurt their confidence? IMO there's something to be said for throwing a guy in the deep end and seeing if he can swim. Oh, and the OP failed to mention Linares who was killing it at Pawtucket last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If they earn it.  You want a call up, well I want to see .290 BA, w/ pro-rated 25 HR pop from Brentz, and .310 BA from Bradley over the first two months in the minors.

I feel that AAA players need to earn their spot by killing it in the minors.  Buchholz did, Middlebrooks did.

[/QUOTE]

There has to be a reason.  If a starter goes down in July and Webster is pitching well.  If WMB goes down, and Bogie is raking.  If we get a stunning offer for Ells and JBJ is ready.  Most players hold very little real value past their control years.  I don't want Brentz up here until he is absolutely ready, so we waste none of his control years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Linares does not need to be on the 40 man roster to stay protected, otherwise I think he might have a good chance at making the opening day roster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

How many names on that list are "young", and of them how many are considered to be top prospects/MLB talent?

"Young":  Hassan (-ish)...Bradley Jr.....Kalish (-ish),  Sands (pushing it)...Midds....Bogaerts....Lav (for a catcher)

Top prospects/current talent:  Bradley Jr, Bogaerts, looks like Midds but he's no slam dunk, hopefully Lav.

With all due respect to Kid Nava, when the Beatles broke up two of them were younger than he is today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Brentz should and will start in AAA. Let him get a couple months for near .300avg his usual 350 OBP and a nice 500SLG befor a call up.

JBJ needs to get promoted to AAA and prove he can retain his high OBP there.

Rubby needs to get the feel back after a year off from TJS. he didnt pitch much in 2012. Webster will probably start in AA with a quick call up if not start in AAA. he needs to prove he can log some innings before hes considered.

Every player still has more to prove before a call up. I dont want to waste time. If theyre ready, I want to make sure so they can stay up here.

Sections
Shortcuts