What to be concerned about after this series.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

What to be concerned about after this series.

Losing this series isn't devestating.  They should still make the playoffs and will battle until the end for the division.  What I am concerened about is the following:

1.  Sox starters need to go further into games.  Their pitch counts can't be that high so early.  Verlander, Weaver, Sabathia, even Wilson do it.  The Sox have several starters who should but are way too inconsistent.

2.  Should we play the Yankees in the playoffs - Daniel Bard is human against them.  It's not only Tex. to worry about but others are getting comfortable against him.

3.  Should we play the Yankees in the playoffs - AGon needs to be a factor.  He can't disappear for the series and clutch needs to be at least associated with him.  Both he and Bard have had tremendous years, but we all know what happens vs. the Yankees will be remembered.

* Welcome back Youk!  I hope Connor Jackson is the next Dave Roberts.  And I hope Drew has a secretary who opens his 3 fan letters, a paper cur could set him back weeks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: What to be concerned about after this series.

Yeah, starters deeper in games.  No doubt.  I mean thats the whole ball of wax.  Sometimes not so easy, especially against the Yankees.  And yes, bard is human.  But, not so worried there.  I mean, in this rivalry, everyone is human.  Mo is human too.  As to Adrian, yeah, he is yet to put his stamp on this affair.  But, can't imagine that it can stay that way.  If he is due in October, I will take him beginning his contributions to the lore then.  

I think all of these concerns are valid.  But, if both clubs are fortunate and good enough to meet in the ALCS, there are a myriad of concerns on both sides that will make fans on both sides real edgy for a week or two.  Hell yeah, thats what its all about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In Response to What to be concerned about after this series.:
    [QUOTE]Losing this series isn't devestating.  They should still make the playoffs and will battle until the end for the division.  What I am concerened about is the following: 1.  Sox starters need to go further into games.  Their pitch counts can't be that high so early.  Verlander, Weaver, Sabathia, even Wilson do it.  The Sox have several starters who should but are way too inconsistent. 2.  Should we play the Yankees in the playoffs - Daniel Bard is human against them.  It's not only Tex. to worry about but others are getting comfortable against him. 3.  Should we play the Yankees in the playoffs - AGon needs to be a factor.  He can't disappear for the series and clutch needs to be at least associated with him.  Both he and Bard have had tremendous years, but we all know what happens vs. the Yankees will be remembered. * Welcome back Youk!  I hope Connor Jackson is the next Dave Roberts.  And I hope Drew has a secretary who opens his 3 fan letters, a paper cur could set him back weeks.
    Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately if a person is not clutch then that individual is not going to learn to be clutch in a short period of time. We need to pray that Gonzo just keeps getting his singles and getting on base. I like the idean of Pedey batting in back of Gonzo because Pedey is clutch. Another problem we have is that overpayed leftfielder of ours. He appears to be a lost cause.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I've been saying for weeks - our starters are being yanked early regardless of perfromance, pitch count, or importance of foe... this obviously is the anti-Nolan Ryan way of doing things. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

What to worry about after this series?  Nothing.  One of these two teams will win the div, the other will get the wild card, and which ever one is hot a month from now will go to the WS.  If both are cold, neither will go to the WS.

Don't worry now, see how things go in three weeks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

It is a pipe dream IMHO to think you are going to get 7-8 IP from your starters most nights against either of these teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: What to be concerned about after this series.:
    [QUOTE]I've been saying for weeks - our starters are being yanked early regardless of perfromance, pitch count, or importance of foe... this obviously is the anti-Nolan Ryan way of doing things. 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Nolan's full of crap.  What have the Rangers have been stocking up on?  Late-inning relievers.  Last night Wilson was pulled after 88 pitches with a 5-1 lead to put the game into the hands of those relievers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to What to be concerned about after this series.:
    [QUOTE]Losing this series isn't devestating.  They should still make the playoffs and will battle until the end for the division.  What I am concerened about is the following:

1.  Sox starters need to go further into games.  Their pitch counts can't be that high so early.  Verlander, Weaver, Sabathia, even Wilson do it.  The Sox have several starters who should but are way too inconsistent.

Not a huge concern...both starters last night couldn't get through the 5th...blue had something to with that...his strikezone was crimanal both ways....

2.  Should we play the Yankees in the playoffs - Daniel Bard is human against them.  It's not only Tex. to worry about but others are getting comfortable against him.

You gotta tip your cap to Martin he battled, but in fariness to Bard he had him twice, but got squeezed by the home plate ump...

3.  Should we play the Yankees in the playoffs - AGon needs to be a factor.  He can't disappear for the series and clutch needs to be at least associated with him.  Both he and Bard have had tremendous years, but we all know what happens vs. the Yankees will be remembered.

I find Agon's last at against Rivera to be somewhat telling, though the last strike was lets say questionable, his approach to the at bats showed me he's pressing, first rule of thumb with the bases loaded is to remember the pressures on the pitcher so he has to throw strikes...Baseloaded, 2 outs, tying run on second...up steps Gonzalez, he swings over the top of a cutter down and in, then can't hold up on a fastball up and in and then takes a pitch, beofre he gets called out on a pitch down and away....Not once did Rivera throw him a strike in the entire at bat. My advice to him is remember we got Pedey and Papi hitting behind him...you don't need to be the hero make the pitcher throw strikes and if he doesn't then trust that the guys behind you will get the job done!

* Welcome back Youk!  I hope Connor Jackson is the next Dave Roberts.  And I hope Drew has a secretary who opens his 3 fan letters, a paper cur could set him back weeks.

Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Did anyone see a Yankee batter swing at the first pitch he sees immediately after the previous batter walked on 4 straight pitches?? Some Sox players continually do this. Are they at least told to take a strike? It's clear that the Yankees are told to take, and to make contact when they have 2 strikes on them. To watch some of the Sox swing for the fences with 2 strikes drives me crazy. Compact swings with 2 strikes makes for numerous foul balls and tires the pitcher.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

IMO the Yankee bull-pen seems to be both deeper and better balanced, I was dis-appointed that Sox didn't get LH for post season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The next series

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Being yanked early in regular season allows for longer (FRESH) innings in post season, thats why they run the team and we dont!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone see a Yankee batter swing at the first pitch he sees immediately after the previous batter walked on 4 straight pitches?? Some Sox players continually do this. Are they at least told to take a strike? It's clear that the Yankees are told to take, and to make contact when they have 2 strikes on them. To watch some of the Sox swing for the fences with 2 strikes drives me crazy. Compact swings with 2 strikes makes for numerous foul balls and tires the pitcher.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]Well the stats YTD defy almost everything you are saying in this ancedotal take. The teams are very similar in results with the NYY scoring more of their runs via HR (swinging for the fences). The NYY have walked slightly more often (29) but also have 99 fewer hits. And as for K's, remarkably as of today the teams are tied at 925 (8th in the AL).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]It is a pipe dream IMHO to think you are going to get 7-8 IP from your starters most nights against either of these teams.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]
    Seattle starters pitched into the seventh inning in seven of nine games against the Red Sox this season.

Boston starters pitched into the seventh inning in five of nine games against the weak-hitting Mariners this season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The concern is not to let this series loss roll into the next series. And tonight is not a good start against TX. As for last night, Francona should have let Aceves work out of his small jam yesterday. Leave Bard for the 8th. Also, the Sox were not patient enough against Burnett. They needed to be more patient to help out Lester who pitched a ton in the first. And how did Lowrie with 2 outs not score on Scutaro's base hit.  Lets hope the Sox don't get cold now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Against most opponents, Bard and co. can handle many LH bats. BUT NY's line-up requires a Hill-type lefty. And they exposed that weakness, along with having the ability to work our starters.

The RedSox have less than a month to sure themselves up in these two areas.