What to do with Middy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

What to do with Middy?

Sorry, I don't have the answer for Middy folks but its a concern because the kid is really struggling.  Some players you can just tell will eventually break out of it because they have the plate discipline and patience to do so. 

I'm not seeing this in our young 3B and it worries me.  Hanrahan needs to be traded to the first team that feels they need him.  Overall it was a very nice comeback but our pen really let us down tonight.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: What to do with Middy?

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Hanrahan is Gagne, Part II.

Middelbrooks looks fantastic, compared to S. Drew. I'd give Middlebrooks a litle more time before I sent him back to AAA, he flied out so he can still see the ball.

This is the worse team I've ever seen with the early record the Red Sox have. Sadly, it won't last.

It was one loss and we have been playing well but its not hard to figure out what needs to improve moving forward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

ZMiddlebrooks is the last Sox player on the 25 man roster that softy likes.

His .194 BA is the main reason softy is in attack mode right now.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

You people need to visit MLB stat sites and see just how many players, many more proven then our third-basemen, who have terrible numbers out of the gate this season.

Why keep harping on him?

Because that's what some come to this site to do...One bad game and it fuels their fire and they begin to get the itch, a bad week and their brains begin to bulge. Then before you know it there's 50 post of diatribe with little regard for reality Then a month later e when the player "get's" hot they pretend that nothing happened and they begin to eat their own babbling back and forth about who said what. Given the nature of the game there's always fodder for them to banter about. Like the lemmings they're easily swayed by the pied piper shaunessy and his merry men Mazz and his ilk....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The Red Sox haven't played enough games to move beyond the unbalanced schedule affects. The Astros are pitiful, which accounts for 4 of the 17 wins. Losing the home series to KC should be a cause for alarm, to the discerning eye.

They lead the AL Central. It wasn't the worst series too lose. You aren't bringing any facts to the table here just talking points. It really must stink having to root against the Red Sox just to prove your right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

My goodness.  One loss and softlaw is in full cry blaming the defense, the hitting, you name it.

But the loss was mostly due to Lester and the bullpen serving up fat pitches.   This happens. 

Meanwhile Softy is more than happy to capitalize on a one game losing streak and call for wholesale changes to a team with the best record in MLB. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

You people need to visit MLB stat sites and see just how many players, many more proven then our third-basemen, who have terrible numbers out of the gate this season.

Why keep harping on him?

Because that's what some come to this site to do...One bad game and it fuels their fire and they begin to get the itch, a bad week and their brains begin to bulge. Then before you know it there's 50 post of diatribe with little regard for reality Then a month later e when the player "get's" hot they pretend that nothing happened and they begin to eat their own babbling back and forth about who said what. Given the nature of the game there's always fodder for them to banter about. Like the lemmings they're easily swayed by the pied piper shaunessy and his merry men Mazz and his ilk....

I'm sure Middy is getting a lot of good direction by the coaching staff.  He needs to learn how to be more selective and lay off bad pitches for more than an AB or two.  This along with a bit of frustration has him looking completely uncomfortable at the moment.

I think it will fall into place and if it does he and Papi could do some real damage in the middle of the lineup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

He needs to learn how to be more selective and lay off bad pitches for more than an AB or two.  This along with a bit of frustration has him looking completely uncomfortable at the moment.

[/QUOTE]

why not just give him more money?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

He needs to learn how to be more selective and lay off bad pitches for more than an AB or two.  This along with a bit of frustration has him looking completely uncomfortable at the moment.

[/QUOTE]

Whats up zac?  Maybe more money, let him take a few years off like Wells and Hafner then play him again :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

His BA isn't important. His OBP and slugging are, but let's take a look at where he is during dog days and a lot of the Red Sox players start hitting the DL.

You are the epitome of a homer except you do it to players that are supposedly on your own team.

you giveMiddy the benefit of the doubt and say BA is not important. Yyou say Ortiz & Napoli won't keep it up then you won't give Drew any time to turn it around and you hate on Ellsbury every chance you get. 

You are the most subjective poster here. Your rationale for one player who you love is the exact opposite for a guy you hate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

His BA isn't important. His OBP and slugging are, but let's take a look at where he is during dog days and a lot of the Red Sox players start hitting the DL.

You are the epitome of a homer except you do it to players that are supposedly on your own team.

you giveMiddy the benefit of the doubt and say BA is not important. Yyou say Ortiz & Napoli won't keep it up then you won't give Drew any time to turn it around and you hate on Ellsbury every chance you get. 

You are the most subjective poster here. Your rationale for one player who you love is the exact opposite for a guy you hate.

Why people continue to respond to this idiot is beyond me.

Just a much wordier version of Conan...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Middelbrooks looks fantastic, compared to S. Drew. I'd give Middlebrooks a litle more time before I sent him back to AAA, he flied out so he can still see the ball.

This is the worse team I've ever seen with the early record the Red Sox have. Sadly, it won't last.

fool

Bonehead....see anyone can make single word dumb comments like you

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Middy is 24 and in his first full year of MLB. It might take a little time for him to adjust.

Some baseball/sox fans really need to be more patient. Especially with this kind of situation. WMB has had success and has adjusted at every level. Hes proved he can handle MLB, but right now is in the middle of one of the many adjustments a young player has to make...

Its funny that a lot of fans want to play a bunch of kids, yet get into a panic if they dont start hitting right away. Sorry guys, this is what most/all young players do. Its called trying to make the adjustments to play a very tough game with the best of the best.

He'll figure it out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

His BA isn't important. His OBP ...

Yes, that .223 OBP is really awesome! He's nearly 40 points from Drew.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The .418 Slg%, aided mostly by one game, is about the same as jake's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[/QUOTE]

Whats up zac?  Maybe more money, let him take a few years off like Wells and Hafner then play him again :)

[/QUOTE]

my bad craze

I thought I was giving a little paybeack to 4B's

and it was your post not his

but yeah why not :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

[/QUOTE]

my bad craze

I thought I was giving a little paybeack to 4B's

and it was your post not his

but yeah why not :-)

[/QUOTE]

Wow.

One post and I have to be "paid back"?

Yankee fans are so sensitive...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I agree regarding Middlebrooks. He's still a young player. Plus, what's the alternative if/when we do send him down.

I partially agree with the last part. The Sox are playing solid ball, both pitching and offensively. But certainly they won't play .692 ball the rest of the way.

Sections
Shortcuts