What to do with Robinson Cano.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: What to do with Robinson Cano.....

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

The agent is the dreaded Scott Borax and of course the team is the equally dreaded New York Yankees. All the talk and expectations have it at the usual ten year deal with $200 million as a starting point. Cano is 30 years old this year (31 when his next contract begins) and without debate is the premier second baseman in all of MLB.

For me I think with the Yankee wallet I offer 5 years and top dollar (whatever that might be) which takes the relationship to Cano's 36th birthday. This is reasonable but we know reason does not matter in MLB or New York. 

It will be interesting to see if the Yankees have learned a lesson.

My opinion is Cano ends up being another lifetime Yank like Jeter if he wants to remain in NY.  The club needs him in the lineup for the future.

1548510-new-york-yankees-bombers-have-made-significant-offer-to-robinson-cano

Robinson Cano Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to bald-predictions's comment:

Boras is gonna take the Steinbrenners and Levine to the woodshed yet again. It's gonna be hilarious.

Your humor is sick BP. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

Boras is gonna take the Steinbrenners and Levine to the woodshed yet again. It's gonna be hilarious.

All we need now is for Steinbrenner to give an ultimatum-'if he opts for free agency, we're done with him'.  That's usually a prelude to 'Sorry Scott, that was my brother talking.  How much did you say you wanted?'

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

I don't think it goes past summer... cannot see him reaching the market.

No telling for sure but if history means anything most Boras clients hit the open market.

Couple that with the "new yankee sequestration approach" it appears most likely.

Cano imo is one of the top 5 position players in baseball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I was going to start a thread on Mike Trout.... interesting the agent saying his salary was "unfair" based on last years numbers. When do the agents ever say (example) "we think Carl Crawfords salary is unfair based on his performance"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I was going to start a thread on Mike Trout.... interesting the agent saying his salary was "unfair" based on last years numbers. When do the agents ever say (example) "we think Carl Crawfords salary is unfair based on his performance"?

yeah lol. it reminds me of that part in MR Deeds..

i led the league in TDs last season. i want more money

can we pay you less money if you stink??

uhhhhhh...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

-Robinson Cano and Boras have repeatedly said they don’t want the contract situation to interfere with what happens on the field. Boras went as far as saying if he feels it affects his client, talks will cease.-  www.nypost.com

U are all heart Borax

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Are there any teams out there that might make a run at Cano (if he hits the free agent market)?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Are there any teams out there that might make a run at Cano (if he hits the free agent market)?  

the dodgers. tigers have money to throw around too... all it takes is a new TV deal and you could have money coming out of your ears. I mean look at the spending spree Miami went on last season.. and now the dodgers. Both coming from recent TV deals. Then of course there is ALWAYS a sleeper team involved that noone expects. I picked randomly and came up with the Brew Crew.

Sections
Shortcuts