What up with that?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

What up with that?

Through 13 ST games the Red Sox have 6 HRs and are slugging at a paltry .372! Last in all of MLB.

Compare that to Seattle with 30 HRs and .564 SLG. Seattle for crying out loud!

The Sox do have a .366 OBP, but if you take away the Pittsburg game where they got 15 BBs it drops to .329.

I hope we start seeing some more dingers pretty soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: What up with that?

Nothing like Small Spring Sample Sizes.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

True, I said it in December if Napoli and Ortiz are the heart of the order u are screwed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Napoli has 4 hits, 2 HR and 5 RBI in only 7 official AB's!  He's obviously poised for a MONSTER season.  Buchholz and Dempster have spring ERA's of 0.00 and Lester's is 1.00.  If this keeps up we're gonna be awesome.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This can't be a surprise to anyone,  can it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

This can't be a surprise to anyone,  can it?

Yeah, the M's!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

For me I always wished the Sox had signed Holiday in 09. He would've provided the right-handed bat and played LF.    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

True, I said it in December if Napoli and Ortiz are the heart of the order u are screwed.

As opposed to the heart of the Mariners lineup? 

Spring Training means nothing. Do fans also thin Kansas City is going to play .917 baseball this year too?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

You do realize that Papi hasnt played yet and Naps just started playing and has 2 dingers already, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Willy Mo just retired.  Lets go get him.

But seriously folk, I agree with Alibi, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??  Not so much that the Sox have only hit 6 HRs, but that Seattle is doing a Bash Brothers Tribute Show.  Of course, that should tell you everything you need to know about ... SPRING TRAINING.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Nine days into March and we're already panicking.

SHEESH

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

Through 13 ST games the Red Sox have 6 HRs and are slugging at a paltry .372! Last in all of MLB.

The Sox do have a .366 OBP, but if you take away the Pittsburg game where they got 15 BBs it drops to .329.

i think that once gomes,carp and napoli get adjusted to the home stadium they will be fine.you seem to get worried about spring training.go outside and try to run a mile.if you have not done it you won't be ready.you work up to it.that is what spring training is about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's kind of a lack of understanding what ST is all about.

Of the top 8 players in terms of ABs, guess how many will be in the opening lineup?

None.

The total numbers of ABs for the projected opening day lineup?  106, the equivalent of maybe 3-4 full games.

And, of course, AlibiIke fails to mention that the ERA of our projected rotation is under 2.00.

I'm predicting the playoff if our rotation can maintain a 1.875 ERA all season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

If the Red Sox had the Mariners numbers today I would not be any more confident. I still cannot grasp putting your faith into Ortiz and Napoli to power the team. Middlebrooks will probably lead the team in homers with 27.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

If the Red Sox had the Mariners numbers today I would not be any more confident. I still cannot grasp putting your faith into Ortiz and Napoli to power the team. Middlebrooks will probably lead the team in homers with 27.

I think for those that would feel comfortable with these guys in the middle, its less about feeling confident that they will "power" the team, and more that in the game today, 2013, you dont need two guys hitting 30-40 HRS the way line-ups were constructed 10-15 years ago.

This particular lineup could have at least 6 guys with 20+ HRS assuming health.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to bosoxhero's comment:

In response to Alibiike's comment:

i think that once gomes,carp and napoli get adjusted to the home stadium they will be fine.you seem to get worried about spring training.go outside and try to run a mile.if you have not done it you won't be ready.you work up to it.that is what spring training is about.

Gomes projects to 43 HRs this season based on his ST stats.

Napoli projects to 172 HRs.

If they can can combine for 215 HRs this year, I'm predicting playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Most good baseball minds agree how a team does in one week into preseason determines how well they do for the entire season. I usually know just after one preseason game. Example, in the 2004 season the Red Sox won their first preseason game against Boston College. Let me clarify it was the first preseason game I watched. I needed no other information to determine that this was the year they would win it all. We all know how that season ended. Great post Alibiike, keep them coming.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Look at half the at-bats? You got spring training ignites who will ultimately be released and minor leaguers eating up more at bats than the regulars, and let's not even go into he small sample size.    

Moral of the story: relax.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm concerned about the starting pitching too. 

Let's bury the team before the season starts. 

"Small sample size For the Win!!!!" 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Wolfpack13's comment:

Most good baseball minds agree how a team does in one week into preseason determines how well they do for the entire season. I usually know just after one preseason game. Example, in the 2004 season the Red Sox won their first preseason game against Boston College. Let me clarify it was the first preseason game I watched. I needed no other information to determine that this was the year they would win it all. We all know how that season ended. Great post Alibiike, keep them coming.

+1

I'm beginning to think that Ike only posts so he can see people make fun of his posts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

Sections
Shortcuts