What was the 2nd worst team of all time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

What was the 2nd worst team of all time?

(I'm assuming we all agree the worst was the 1899 Cleveland Spiders)

1962 Mets?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: What was the 2nd worst team of all time?

though they won more games than the 62 NYM, the 02' Devil Rays were pretty dreadful(51-106)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

though they won more games than the 62 NYM, the 02' Devil Rays were pretty dreadful(51-106)

I thought this subject would generate a bit more interest than it has....I guess everybody loves a winner.

Some of the distress sale franchises (Athletics, Browns, Marlins) have had some shockers.  The 1910-1914 Athletics won 4 pennants and 3 WS in 5 years....then 43 wins in '15 and 36 in '16.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

For worst teams you need to look it up as they are soon forgotten except by their fans. Whereas winning teams are remembered by baseball fans every where.

then you have the issue of is it worst team or worst record? Worst record does not always equal worst team. Especially if the team had success prior to or after the bad year?

Or Red Sox team in that case some here might say last years team. Whereas I go back to some of the 50's Red Sox teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

For worst teams you need to look it up as they are soon forgotten except by their fans. Whereas winning teams are remembered by baseball fans every where.

then you have the issue of is it worst team or worst record? Worst record does not always equal worst team. Especially if the team had success prior to or after the bad year?

Or Red Sox team in that case some here might say last years team. Whereas I go back to some of the 50's Red Sox teams.

and some teams might have had a decent season(by some standards) and finish out of the running(ie the 79' Yanks won 89 games, finished 13.5 games out)... 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The 2003 Tigers 43-119  47 games out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

I would say the 2012 bosox have to rank up there.

Expansion teams like the early mets we expect to do poorly, but to have a top 5 payroll and finish in last place surely has to rank among the worst of the worst.

C'mon, that is a very poor effort at baiting Sox fans....you can do better than that! 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Not baiting at all, just stating my opinion.

I will accept that at face value and just strongly disagree.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

the '26 and '32 Sox were much worse than 2012...Its obviously baiting...Oh, and the '35 Boston Braves were worse than both of them...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

the '26 and '32 Sox were much worse than 2012...Its obviously baiting...Oh, and the '35 Boston Braves were worse than both of them...

Where did the '26 & '32 bosox rank in terms of payroll?

I dont know, nor care. This was about the worst (or 2nd worse) team, Not their payroll....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

'88 Orioles 0-21 start! 54-107 finish

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to tbs2007's comment:

'88 Orioles 0-21 start! 54-107 finish

OMG I remember that year.  The O's were very bad.   LOL

Boston won that division by only a game that year.  Close call.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Where did the '26 & '32 bosox rank in terms of payroll?

Christ payroll will you ever get off that dead horse???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

this team went 8-29 against the Yanks and Red Sox...ouch!!!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts